Thread: Man who complained he had 'adult potato' thrown at his head goes viral after Facebook rant

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Stupid Man who complained he had 'adult potato' thrown at his head goes viral after Facebook rant

By Amelia Shaw, Reporter & Louisa Gregson - Manchester Evening News

A man who took to social media to complain about a little girl throwing an "adult potato" at his head has gone viral after his rant left others in the Facebook group confused by the strange encounter - which as a library member and Lexus owner, he complained should not have happened.

An enraged Terry Rolyneux posted in the Connahs Quay Group on Wednesday night about the bizarre event on Englefield Avenue, saying that this incident is evidence that the town has "taken a turn for the worst". Mr Rolyneux claims that a "little girl" threw a "fully grown adult potato" at him, which then bounced off his car and hit him again.

He said that, as a "proud family man", library member and the owner of Lexus, he does not deserve to be set upon with vegetables.

He wrote: wrote: "To the little girl that threw a fully grown adult potato at my head this evening, I hope you are happy with yourself. I hope you had a good laugh when the potato bounced off my car and hit me again.

"I am a proud family man, CQ library member of 30+ years and Lexus owner - and don't deserve vegetables flying at my head and car. This town has taken a turn for the worse lately."

But while Mr Rolyneux was likely expecting some sympathy from others, all he got was a good roasting. One user commented: "We can all appreciate the simple childhood pleasure of hurling a potato at a Lexus owner".

Another wrote: "I know the person in the car was only a spec-tater but they may have seen the incident. You should a-peel for information."

One person even joked that he could have been "decap- potated". Hundreds more potato-puns were left, along with photos of Toy Story's Mr. Potato Head and suggestions that he "keep his eyes peeled next time".

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    This story has pot-ential.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    He's lucky it was thrown at his head and not at his tater tots.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Or his toes...

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts