Thread: ‘Too much mayo on a sandwich’: 1 dead, 1 in surgery after being shot by customer, police say

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama ‘Too much mayo on a sandwich’: 1 dead, 1 in surgery after being shot by customer, police say

By WSBTV.com News Staff

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating a shooting that has left one woman dead and another in surgery.

The reason for the shooting? Too much mayonnaise on a sandwich, police said.

APD responded to a Circle K gas station at 74 Northside Drive Southwest to a person shot call just after 6:30 p.m. When they arrived, they learned two women had been shot after a dispute about the amount of mayonnaise on a customers Subway sandwich.

Willie Glenn, the co-owner of that Subway location on Northside Drive in downtown Atlanta, said it breaks his heart.

“It just breaks my heart, to know that someone has the audacity to point a weapon, and shoot someone for as little as too much mayonnaise on a sandwich,” said Glenn.

He wouldn’t release the identities of the employees because he’s still waiting for family members to be informed, but said both were young women who just started at the location about three weeks ago.

“They were just model employees,” Glenn said.

Interim Chief Of Police Darin Schierbaum said arguments are the majority cause of homicides in 2022.

“An argument leads to someone picking up a weapon and firing that gun, leaving someone dead or someone critically injured,” Schierbaum said.

Schierbaum feels that people should talk more and use guns less when it comes to handling disputes.

“We need individuals to talk out their disputes, walk away and do not pick up guns. We can take down drug operations that breed violent crime, we can dismantle gang organizations that breed violent crime, we can stop robbery crews that breed violent crime, we cannot stop someone who is mad because there is too much mayonnaise on their sandwich,” said Schierbaum.

Al Robinson, also a co-owner of the Subway restaurant, described the shooting as just too much.

“You pull out a gun and shoot somebody, over a sandwich, my heart just breaks right now,” he said.

The condition of the victim in surgery is unknown at this time.

Police said they’re still in the early parts of this investigation. They are looking through video and interviewing witnesses.

Police also said they are still looking for the shooter.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    I can relate

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I can relate
    When you get a sandwich and you go to pick it up and there's so much mayo on it that it just comes oozing out every side of it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It seems like everyone thinks you need to drown everything in mayo, I dont mind a bit, but there is no concept of that anymore so I have to order without, otherwise I have to shoot everyone

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    It seems like everyone thinks you need to drown everything in mayo, I dont mind a bit, but there is no concept of that anymore so I have to order without, otherwise I have to shoot everyone
    If you get a burger at Wendy's, they waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdo it on mayo every fucking time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, for my it was Jack in the Box

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    any amount of mayo is too much mayo

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugh_Janus For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-27-2022), PorkChopSandwiches (06-27-2022)