Thread: January 6 hearing: Top 5 moments of explosive Cassidy Hutchinson testimony on Trump, attack on Capitol

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Politics January 6 hearing: Top 5 moments of explosive Cassidy Hutchinson testimony on Trump, attack on Capitol

By Tyler Olson , Kelly Laco | Fox News

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Tuesday provided some of the most detailed testimony yet of the House January 6 Committee's several hearings.

Hutchinson, who had significant access in the White House, detailed former President Donald Trump's demands to be taken to the Capitol on Jan. 6, his treatment of Secret Service agents, and his reaction to threats to his vice president.

Trump denied Hutchinson's allegations in a series of 12 posts on his Truth Social networking app. The former president said she is "A Total Phony!!!" and called the January 6 Committee "a Kangaroo Court."

Here are five of the top moments from Hutchinson's hearing Tuesday.

Trump lunged at Secret Service agent

Hutchinson recounted a conversation she had with former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Tony Ornato in the wake of Trump's Jan. 6 rally at the Ellipse during questioning from Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.

According to Hutchinson, Ornato told her Trump still thought when he left the stage that his security detail would take him to the Capitol, where his supporters had already broken in as Congress counted electoral votes.

When Trump's top Secret Service agent Robert Engel told the former president that he could not go to the Capitol for security reasons, Trump exploded at him, according to Hutchinson.

"When Bobby had relayed to him we're not, we don't have the assets to do it… the president had very strong, very angry response to that. Tony described him as being irate," Hutchinson said. "The president said something to the effect of, ‘I’m the f-ing president, take me up to the Capitol now."

Engel would not take Trump to the Capitol, however, according to Hutchinson.

"The president reached up towards the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm, said, ‘Sir, you need take your hand off the steering wheel. We’re going back to the West Wing. We're not going to the Capitol," Hutchinson continued. "Trump then used his free hand to lunge toward Bobby Engel. When Mr. Ornato had recounted this story to me he motioned towards his clavicles."

McCarthy demands Trump stay away

Shortly before that exchange, Hutchinson was standing at Trump's rally when she got a call from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. She said that McCarthy was upset and demanding that Trump not come to the Capitol.

"You told me this whole week you aren't coming up here. Why would you lie to me?" Hutchinson said McCarthy told her.

"I said, I'm not lying. I wasn't lying to you, sir," Hutchinson said. "We're not going to the Capitol."

McCarthy then said he saw Trump say on the stage at his rally that he would be coming to the Capitol, and again demanded that the White House stay away.

Hutchinson said she confirmed that the president would not be going to the Capitol and later texted McCarthy to confirm that.

Trump demands Secret Service get rid of ‘mags’

Hutchinson also said Trump was upset about the lack of people in the crowd for his Jan. 6 Ellipse speech, and demanded that aides dispense with screening for attendees to help fill the crowd.

Hutchinson said that law enforcement confiscated a variety of weapons from people going through magnetometers to Trump's rally, and that law enforcement saw many people outside the event with weapons.

"He thought the mags were at fault for not letting everybody in. But another leading reason, likely the primary reason, is because he wanted it full and he was angry that we weren't letting people through the mags with weapons -- what the Secret Service deems as weapons," she said in recorded testimony Tuesday.

"I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the president say something to the effect of, you know, 'I don't f-ing care that they have weapons,'" she also said via video. "'They're not here to hurt me. Take the f-ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march the Capitol from here. Let people in, take the f-ing mags away.'"

Trump said VP deserved ‘Hang Mike Pence’ chants

Hutchinson said she heard a conversation between Meadows and White House Counsel Pat Cipollone and in which Meadows said that Trump was happy with the rioters. In it, Meadows specifically said Trump dismissed protesters' chants to hang former Vice President Mike Pence.

"I remember Pat saying something to the effect of, 'Mark, we need to do something more. They're literally calling for the vice president to be f-ing hung,'" Hutchinson said. "And Mark had responded something to the effect of, 'You heard him Pat, he thinks Mike deserves it. He doesn't think they're doing anything wrong."

Trump tossed lunch when Barr said election not stolen

Hutchinson also revealed that Trump smashed a plate out of anger after former Attorney General Bill Barr said the Justice Department didn't find significant fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

Barr previously testified about his decision to make that comment and said it was key to ensuring transition of power to President Biden. He made the comment in an interview with the Associated Press.

Hutchinson said Trump threw his lunch against the wall upon reading the article.

"I remember hearing noise coming from down the hallway, so I poked my head out of the office. I saw the valet walking towards our office. He had said, get the chief down to the dining room," Hutchinson said.

Hutchinson said she followed, and once she arrived to the dining room, she saw that the valet was changing the tablecloth.

She said she "first noticed there is ketchup dripping down the wall and there's a shattered porcelain plate on the floor. The valet had articulated that the president was extremely angry at the attorney general's AP interview and had thrown his lunch against the wall, which was causing them to have to clean up. So I grabbed a towel and started wiping the ketchup up off of the wall to help the valet out."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I can't believe this is coming out a year and a half after he was voted out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    My cousins friends uncle twice removed saw Trump pull off his "face", he really is a Reptilian.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    There's a bunch of former staff and secret service agents that are saying she's full of shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    There's a bunch of former staff and secret service agents that are saying she's full of shit.
    Including the ones she says she heard the stories from. The whole thing is nothing but a sideshow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-30-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Secret Service says January 6 Committee didn't reach out before Hutchinson testimony on Trump lunging at agent

By David Spunt , Tyler Olson | Fox News

The January 6 Committee didn't reach out to the U.S. Secret Service (USSS) before its Tuesday hearing regarding an allegation that former President Donald Trump lunged at one of its agents and tried to grab the steering wheel of a presidential vehicle, an agency spokesman said.

USSS spokesperson Anthony Gugliemi confirmed to Fox News Wednesday that the committee did not contact it in the days ahead of the hearing, after it was first reported by Politico. The committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.

This comes after Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified Tuesday to the committee that Tony Ornato, the former deputy chief of staff for operations, told her about the incident involving Trump. According to Hutchinson, Ornato told her Trump repeatedly demanded that the Secret Service take him to the Capitol on Jan. 6. Ornato further told Hutchinson, according to her, that Trump lunged at a Secret Service agent and tried to grab the wheel of a presidential SUV when agents would not allow that.

However, a source close to Ornato told Fox News that he watched the hearing yesterday and was shocked when Hutchinson made the allegation about the steering wheel.

Both Bobby Engel, the top agent on Trump's Secret Service detail who was in the car, and Ornato, who was not in the car, testified to the January 6 Committee in private over the past year, the source close to Ornato said.

Fox News previously reported that a source close to the Secret Service said both men are willing to testify under oath that Hutchinson's story about Trump is not true.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh, and everything she's saying is hearsay anyway, and inadmissible in a proper court inquiry.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh, and everything she's saying is hearsay anyway, and inadmissible in a proper court inquiry.
    Unfortunately that rule of law doesn't matter in a congressional hearing. All they are doing is trying to keep the whole "January 6th" thing alive and focus everything on Trump, because that is absolutely the only way the democrats even have the slimmest of chances of not getting completely steamrolled in November. They just want to keep trying to muddy and impeach Trump's tenure and desperately try and focus people on all that instead of, you know, how shitty everything really is in the country anjd the world right now since Creepy Joe took over.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Unfortunately that rule of law doesn't matter in a congressional hearing. All they are doing is trying to keep the whole "January 6th" thing alive and focus everything on Trump, because that is absolutely the only way the democrats even have the slimmest of chances of not getting completely steamrolled in November. They just want to keep trying to muddy and impeach Trump's tenure and desperately try and focus people on all that instead of, you know, how shitty everything really is in the country anjd the world right now since Creepy Joe took over.
    It ain't gonna work. They're still gonna get steamrolled in November.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And really the thing is, the people that hate Trump already hate him, regardless of whatever comes out in this kangaroo court. I doubt they are going to swing enough of the electorate to make a dent in what's coming. They might save a seat or two because of this, maybe, but they are going to lose dozens of seats in the House and will definitely lose that chamber and most likely they will handily lose the Senate as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    My exact thoughts, what was he ridding shotgun?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Saw a poll somewhere that said 85% think the country is heading in the wrong direction, 74%? of Dems and 90-something percent Repubs.

No matter what the Radical dems do, the numbers keep getting worse yet they just dig their heels in and decide that maybe MORE WOKE will fix it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-01-2022), KevinD (06-30-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    we doomed