Thread: ‘Thor 4’ Fans Battle Over Whether Emotional Scene Needs A Trigger Warning

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Precious Snowflake ‘Thor 4’ Fans Battle Over Whether Emotional Scene Needs A Trigger Warning

The article contains a mild spoiler of something in the film so that's why I hid the story, just in case you care. Doubt that it would ruin the film for you knowing it ahead of time if you are so inclined to go and watch it. But just in case...

By Amanda Harding - The Daily Wire

“Thor: Love and Thunder” is making waves at the box office, but now fans are engaged in a Twitter war over whether the film needs a trigger warning due to some emotional moments.

The scene in question depicts Natalie Portman’s character, scientist Jane Foster, finding out she has stage four cancer. The character then puts on a superhero suit and becomes Thor, New York Post reported. Jane later goes through chemotherapy.

The whole cancer storyline in “Thor 4” is traumatic for some viewers to such an extent that they’re asking Marvel to include a trigger warning on the content.

“No spoilers, but Thor: Love and Thunder SHOULD have had a trigger warning for graphic depiction of cancer and the fact that we didn’t know going in is atrocious,” one fan tweeted.

“It practically ruined any ability for me to emotionally care about the movie since I felt like I had to shut off any feelings off to protect myself from connecting with the content and needing to leave part way through,” another user replied to the original poster.

This led to a significant backlash; however, other fans were left rolling their eyes and saying people are too sensitive.

“Sorry, kids. A movie studio is under no obligation to give you a trigger warning that spoils the film for everyone JUST IN CASE. You have the internet. Read the spoilers if you’re that worried about it. #Thor,” one person wrote.

“As a cancer survivor, I find this extremely stupid,” someone else agreed.

“Peoples reactions to the suggestions of trigger warnings for Thor truly make me realise how cold, disgusting, and cruel humans can be,” one person mused about the response. “People deserve to know what emotions they want to feel when going to potentially have a good time at the movies.”

“This is sickening and yet at the same time, not surprised by those responses,” another person said. “People now act with a sense of entitlement that routinely excludes others’ disabilities or lived experiences. Insensitive gatekeeping at its finest.”

Portman made headlines recently for celebrating that “Thor 4” was the “gayest” Marvel movie to date. “I love that,” she said when a film critic brought it up, according to The Daily Wire.

However, these LGBT themes will likely lead to the superhero film being banned in China. The country has yet to set a release date for “Love and Thunder” and sources predict they probably never will.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The article contains a mild spoiler of something in the film so that's why I hid the story, just in case you care. Doubt that it would ruin the film for you knowing it ahead of time if you are so inclined to go and watch it. But just in case...

By Amanda Harding - The Daily Wire

“Thor: Love and Thunder” is making waves at the box office, but now fans are engaged in a Twitter war over whether the film needs a trigger warning due to some emotional moments.

The scene in question depicts Natalie Portman’s character, scientist Jane Foster, finding out she has stage four cancer. The character then puts on a superhero suit and becomes Thor, New York Post reported. Jane later goes through chemotherapy.

The whole cancer storyline in “Thor 4” is traumatic for some viewers to such an extent that they’re asking Marvel to include a trigger warning on the content.

“No spoilers, but Thor: Love and Thunder SHOULD have had a trigger warning for graphic depiction of cancer and the fact that we didn’t know going in is atrocious,” one fan tweeted.

“It practically ruined any ability for me to emotionally care about the movie since I felt like I had to shut off any feelings off to protect myself from connecting with the content and needing to leave part way through,” another user replied to the original poster.

This led to a significant backlash; however, other fans were left rolling their eyes and saying people are too sensitive.

“Sorry, kids. A movie studio is under no obligation to give you a trigger warning that spoils the film for everyone JUST IN CASE. You have the internet. Read the spoilers if you’re that worried about it. #Thor,” one person wrote.

“As a cancer survivor, I find this extremely stupid,” someone else agreed.

“Peoples reactions to the suggestions of trigger warnings for Thor truly make me realise how cold, disgusting, and cruel humans can be,” one person mused about the response. “People deserve to know what emotions they want to feel when going to potentially have a good time at the movies.”

“This is sickening and yet at the same time, not surprised by those responses,” another person said. “People now act with a sense of entitlement that routinely excludes others’ disabilities or lived experiences. Insensitive gatekeeping at its finest.”

Portman made headlines recently for celebrating that “Thor 4” was the “gayest” Marvel movie to date. “I love that,” she said when a film critic brought it up, according to The Daily Wire.

However, these LGBT themes will likely lead to the superhero film being banned in China. The country has yet to set a release date for “Love and Thunder” and sources predict they probably never will.
    I haven't seen it but have a comment about the article above....

Wouldn't her character have some sort of super healing after "becoming Thor"? After all, Thor basically came back from death at least twice.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I haven't seen it but have a comment about the article above....

Wouldn't her character have some sort of super healing after "becoming Thor"? After all, Thor basically came back from death at least twice.