Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perrhaps View Post
    I thought you were paying off your house this December? Am I having another Senior attack?
    Ah, yes, I believe so. I thought you were referring a bet I might have lost here that I don't remember, lol.

No house payoff party, but there will be some remodeling and beers. You're welcome to join..

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    masslive.com; npr nbc among others

Sorry for the incomplete answer. I had to leave a little early this morning for my "parttime" job.
    (Aside: If you folks ever decide to get a parttime job after retirement, my best advice to you is to strive for mediocrity. If you take too much pride in your work, superiors will notice and ask you to assume additional responsibility which contradicts one of the reasons for your deciding to retire and change careers in the first place.)

I digress. Even if an immigrant enters here illegally, upon his or her application for political asylum, they are awarded "legal" status until the adjudication of their claim for asylum.

Frankly, this makes sense only if the applicants are placed in a restrictive setting until their case is decided, but it is nonetheless Federal Law, which preempts state(s) law. DeSantis has no authority under the law to move these folks around the country, much less use Floridians' tax dollars to indulge his political ego.

Hope this at least partially answers your question, Kevin. BTW, I still haven't received my invitation to your note-burning party in December.
    I promised I wouldn't do this, but... I just can't...

So you're going to slam DeSantis for looking out for his state and his citizens, but you're going to give that piece of shit Joe Biden a free pass even though he told ICE and Border Patrol to stand down and not do their job enforcing federal immigration law and border law that's been in place for decades? And tell me this, what Constitutional authority does Joe Biden's administration have to settle illegal immigrants anywhere they fucking want to instead of holding them in immigration processing centers until their bullshit asylum claims have been processed, heard, and denied?
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 09-24-2022 at 08:49 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (09-25-2022)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I promised I wouldn't do this, but... I just can't...

So you're going to slam DeSantis for looking out for his state and his citizens, but you're going to give that piece of shit Joe Biden a free pass even though he told ICE and Border Patrol to stand down and not do their job enforcing federal immigration law and border law that's been in place for decades? And tell me this, what Constitutional authority does Joe Biden's administration have to settle illegal immigrants anywhere they fucking want to instead of holding them in immigration processing centers until their bullshit asylum claims have been processed, heard, and denied?
    Please take the time to reread the part of my post where I said the policy of allowing these refugees to not leave a restrictive area while their claims are pending makes no sense.

Hope you're feeling better.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Please take the time to reread the part of my post where I said the policy of allowing these refugees to not leave a restrictive area while their claims are pending makes no sense.

Hope you're feeling better.
    You didn't answer the first query.

And yes, it does make it sense, they are not legal citizens, and until they are granted legal citizenship, they should be tracked and monitored.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    I misspoke yesterday. My original post said allowing these immigrants to NOT be placed in in restrictive custody makes no sense.

And, yes, I'm critical of De Santis for picking up these folks in Texas, at the expense of Florida citizens, having them briefly touch down in Florida so he can then claim he flew them from there to Martha's Vineyard to alleviate the illegal immigration threat affecting Florida.

If he wants to make a point like this, why not fly some of the Cuban immigrants who presently are living unfettered in Florida while their asylum claims are pending and fly them somewhere? Think it might just possibly be because that would hurt his chances for reelection?

As to your initial query/rant, I suggest that the lawful way to change what is legal or illegal under federal law is to vote for candidates who would change the law. There are any number of Federal policies and/or laws that aren't covered in the Constitution. The RICO laws, the ADA, etc.