Thread: Kings of Leon Concert Cut Short, Another Nixed; Bassist Admits 'Problems in Band'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Kings of Leon Concert Cut Short, Another Nixed; Bassist Admits 'Problems in Band'

by Marc Schneider - Billboard Magazine

Are there problems in the Kingdom of Leon? Caleb Followill, frontman of Kings of Leon, cut short a concert in steamy Dallas Friday after telling fans he was taking a breather to throw up. He did not return, and apologies from other members of the band -- which essentially threw Caleb under the bus -- have raised worries there may be bigger problems afoot.

"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer and I'm gonna come back out and play three more songs," Followill, 29, told fans at Dallas' Gexa Energy Pavilion.

A video montage uploaded by YouTube user "Trodmac" follows the path of the concert, with Followill telling fans his voice was "100% gone" and asking them to sing every word of their hits to help him out. He called Dallas "one of the best crowds we played for" all summer.

Followill also told fans, "for the record I'm not drunk, I'm just fucking hot." According to the Hollywood Reporter, temperatures were in the 90s during the concert.

But after he left and did not return, two other members of the band took to the microphone to apologize to fans.

"We are so unbelievably sorry. There's no words right now, it's beyond our control," said one band member, reported to be bassist Jared Followill. "Caleb's just a little unfit to play the rest of the show."

The band continued, "We love you guys so much, but I know you guys fucking hate us. I'm so sorry. It's really not our fault, it's Caleb. He can't play the rest of the show. We will be back."

While the official explanation for Caleb Followill's exit was from heat exhaustion and dehydration, his brother Jared hinted to his Twitter followers that there was more to the story.

"Dallas, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. There are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be addressed. No words," he wrote, later adding, "I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

The "Sex on Fire" rockers also postponed a concert scheduled for Saturday outside Houston.

These live problems arrive a year after the band abandoned a concert in St. Louis three songs into their set because pigeons were defecating on them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I saw them live at Sasquatch. Totally unimpressed. Was pumped for them but their show and it was the headliner but it was totally heartless. We all left halfway though.
    Last edited by Godfather; 07-31-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    by Marc Schneider - Billboard Magazine

-- which essentially threw Caleb under the bus --

I'm so tired of this overused idiotic Cliché! All these young arrogant writers think they are so witty when they write these light weight stories, why don't they prove how clever they think they are by coming up with some new terminology's!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You're talking about the generation that gave the world lol, omg, wtf and the brilliant lexical forms such as lol'd

The generation that reads Twilight, watches Jersey Shore and listens to "Party Rock" by LMFAO

The previous generations read Earth Abides, played outdoors and listened to The Beatles. But apparently couldn't raise children worth a damn

Shame eugenics has a racist connotation really...

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i prefer, "which essentially took a shit in Caleb's sandwich"...

I hope it catches on

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    You're talking about the generation that gave the world lol, omg, wtf and the brilliant lexical forms such as lol'd

The generation that read Twilight, watched Jersey Shore and listens to "Party Rock" by LMFAO

The previous generations read Earth Abides, played outdoors and listened to The Beatles. Too bad they couldn't raise children worth a damn

Shame eugenics has a racist connotation really...

i've never seen twilight

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was speaking generally. I don't think any of us are Guido's, wiggers, hipsters or any other tedious part of the moronic groups which has defined our generation.

We can obviously read, write and use computers

And most of my friends are just regular people.... but go to one music festival or the mall on a Sunday and you see why we get such a bad rap
    Last edited by Godfather; 07-31-2011 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    What bothers me the most are the cryptic references to his problem...other celebs use it too "she has an eating disorder, he's exhausted, he has the stomach flu, she's severely dehydrated"

Just come out and say - Caleb has a problem with booze, heroin, huffing gas...whatever.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    They just announced they're cancelling the rest of their US tour:

Kings of Leon cancel Red Rocks concert
    9 News Colorado

MORRISON - Kings of Leon cancelled their U.S. tour, citing "vocal issues and exhaustion."

This announcement comes on the heels of a dreadful show in Dallas Friday where lead singer Caleb Followill had to leave the stage to throw up.

"We are so sorry to say Kings of Leon are canceling their entire US tour due to Caleb Followill suffering from vocal issues and exhaustion," says the press release sent on Monday. "The band is devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break. Unfortunately, the U.S. dates cannot be rescheduled due to the band's international tour schedule. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase. Tickets purchased online or via phones will be automatically refunded. The band will resume touring in Canada at the Rogers Center in Vancouver, BC, on Sept. 28. That show was originally schedule for Sept. 14."

Some people are conjecturing that Followill is suffering from bigger issues than just exhaustion due to a mysterious tweet from the band's bassist and his brother Jared.

"There are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be address [sic], I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade," says Jared Followill.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I really like the band, esp their first 2 albums, saw them in the carling Academy in Glasgow when they were touring their 2nd album an they fuckin rocked the joint! When they played The Bucket i thought the place was gonna explode! Gods that was a good night...

Got all their albums, i rate the band quite highly and will be quite gutted if this their demise...

El Goofy Fantastico!