By Katie Jerkovich - The Daily Wire

“Supernatural” star Nicki Aycox died in California with her husband by her side on November 16, her sister-in-law wrote on Facebook. She was 47.

A message shared by Susan Raab Ceklosky said her “beautiful, smart, fierce, incredibly talented, and loving sister-in-law” had passed away, Variety magazine reported. Aycox was married to Matt Raab.

“Nicki and Matt had a wonderful life together in California,” she added. “She was definitely a fighter and everyone who knew her loved her.”

Aycox is probably best known for her role as Meg Masters on the hit CW series. The actress appeared on the show in 2006, and again in 2008, the outlet noted. Masters played a former human who became the host of a demon in the first season, E! News noted.

Shortly after reports of her death surfaced, fellow “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke and other co-stars reacted to the loss.

“Gutted to hear the great #NickiAycox, our first #MegMasters, passed away. Too young,” Kripke wrote on Twitter. “She was a delight & delivered lines like honey & venom. I marvel at how she made a simple word like ‘lackluster’ legendary.”

Actor Jim Beaver, who played Bobby Singer on the show, tweeted that his “first Supernatural episode was with Nicki. She was a terrific actress and a delightful colleague. I’m so sad to hear of her death. Sleep well, my friend.”

At the time of this publication, there was no cause of death announced. Aycox previously shared that she had been diagnosed with leukemia in 2021 and was undergoing chemotherapy.

“Hi all! Sorry 4 time away,” Nicki wrote on Instagram. “I can’t believe my last 3 months. But, it makes sense now. I became very ill thinking I had COVID in Jan and Feb. Well things came to a head. I ended up in a hospital diagnosed with [leukemia].”

“I want everyone to know I’m doing incredibly well and fighting my way thru chemo,” she added. “I will update with a better pic of myself, and talk about staying positive thru the worst of times. take care of yourself all! I’ll be back better, stronger, and wiser!”