#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Politics Kanye West: I asked Donald Trump to be my 2024 running mate

By Steven Nelson and Natalie O'Neill - New York Post

Kanye West says he asked Donald Trump to be his 2024 presidential running mate during a meeting at the former president’s Florida estate this week.

The 45-year-old rapper — who has returned to Twitter after he was banned over an anti-Semitic rant — said he traveled to Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach to make the pitch, and a Trump source confirmed the visit to The Post Wednesday.

“First time at Mar-a-Lago. Rain and traffic. Can’t believe I kept President Trump waiting. And I had on jeans. Yikes,” West tweeted Tuesday night.

“What you guys think his response was when I asked him to be my running mate in 2024?” he asked, using Twitter’s poll feature to add buttons with the choices “That’s very Ye” or “That’s very Nay.”

The hip-hop star, who now goes by Ye, has previously met with Trump in New York City and Washington, DC, including at a lunch with Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump where he dropped an F-bomb in the Oval Office in October 2018.

The pair also rendezvoused at Trump Tower in Manhattan in December 2016.

West’s supposed Florida meeting with the former president comes amid a series of his unhinged rants and outbursts.

The rapper — who is arguably Trump’s highest-profile celebrity supporter — was suspended from Twitter in October after writing that he wanted to go “death con 3” on Jews.

West returned to the social media site on Sunday and announced his plan to run for president in 2024 the same day.

His pal Trump, meanwhile, was booted from Twitter last year “due to the risk of further incitement of violence” following the Jan. 6 attacks on the US Capitol, but was allowed to return last week.

A rep for West didn’t immediately return a request for comment Wednesday.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    donald not in the spotlight would be interesting to watch

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Plain Don