Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Biden administration official is on leave after they were charged with stealing a Vera Bradley suitcase worth over $2,000 from a Minnesota airport

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    We dont require talent, we require equity

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-12-2022), Teh One Who Knocks (12-12-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    equity this biyatch

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts

Update Non-binary nuclear waste official charged in multiple luggage thefts departs Department of Energy

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Samuel Brinton, the non-binary Biden administration official charged in multiple baggage thefts at two separate airports, is reportedly no longer with the Department of Energy.

A DOE spokesperson told Fox News Digital Monday that Brinton "is no longer a DOE employee." DOE also told Fox, "This was not a Biden official."

It was not immediately clear if Brinton had resigned or had been fired.

"By law, the Department of Energy cannot comment further on personnel matters," the DOE spokesperson said.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the DOE for further comment.

Brinton, who served as the DOE’s deputy assistant secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition since June, is facing up to 10 years in prison for allegedly stealing luggage in Minnesota and another bag in Nevada, according to a police report obtained by Fox News Digital.

Brinton allegedly stole a suitcase with a total estimated worth of $3,670 on July 6 at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas. Police have also accused Brinton of stealing another suitcase worth $2,325 from a baggage carousel at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) in September.

In light of the revelations, Brinton was placed on leave from the DOE.

Brinton made headlines after being appointed to the position that oversees nuclear waste policy at the DOE's Office of Nuclear Energy as a non-binary gender-fluid person. Brinton has also posted about being a member of the so-called Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a drag queen group.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 5,213 Posts
    This poor woman clearly has a compulsion.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I know a lady when I see one

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I know a lady when I see one

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Female fashion designer alleges Sam Brinton wore her clothing that disappeared from airport in 2018

By Andy Tillett and Katherine Donlevy - New York Post

A Houston designer claims she had to cancel a fashion show after her bag full of the custom-made pieces was lost at a Washington DC airport – only for them to seemingly resurface years later being worn by former Department of Energy official Sam Brinton.

Asya Khamsin filed a lost luggage report after her bag containing 30 original designs disappeared from Ronald Reagan Washington Airport in DC on March 9, 2018, meaning she had to pull out of the planned show.

Several years later, the native Tanzanian designer stumbled on photographs of Brinton – who identifies as nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns – wearing what appeared to be the same original custom dresses.

Speaking from Zanzibar, Khamsin told The Post: “I was thinking, ‘Who took my bag, where is it?’ for a long time. Then I see images of the outfits [being worn by Brinton] and I was so confused and upset.

“I was thinking, where did he get those clothes – because I didn’t think he was a thief.”

Khamsin also posted a series of pictures online showing the disgraced former Department of Energy official wearing elaborate dresses side-by-side with her missing dress designs, which look identical.

Khamsin does not accuse Brinton of stealing the clothes or her luggage from the Washington DC airport, but said she is confused how they ended up in their possession.

The designer explained the dresses and jewelry had originally been displayed at the Lady In Red fashion show she runs in Dar es Salaam and said she was passing through Washington DC to show them on her way home to Houston when her case disappeared. She shared her conversations with officials about the lost luggage with Fox news.

Brinton, 35, served as the Biden administration’s deputy assistant secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition at the DOE’s Office of Nuclear Energy, but was fired after they were charged with stealing a woman’s suitcase from a Minneapolis airport and another woman’s bag from a Las Vegas airport over the summer.

In both cases, Brinton had traveled on flights from Washington DC before allegedly swiping the bags from the airports’ baggage carousels.

After seeing Brinton wearing what she believes is her stolen garb, Khamsin filed a report with the Houston Police Department on Dec. 16. The next month, she claims she was contacted by the agency’s field office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

She added: “I don’t know if I would like the clothes back. The investigation is in good hands with the FBI. I’m waiting on them, they will do the right thing.”

The FBI would not confirm if it is investigating, per the agency’s policy. As of Wednesday night, Brinton had not been charged with any crime related to Khamsin’s clothes.

Khamsin added: “I can’t say anything bad for him, he’s a human. I don’t want him to go to jail.”

Brinton was released without bail and ordered not to contact any of the victims last week after a court appearance in Minnesota.

They appeared in Las Vegas court in December and were released after posting a $15,000 bond. The judge in that case told the former nuclear waste official to “stay out of trouble.”

If convicted, Brinton would face up to five years in prison for the Minnesota theft and up to 10 years for the Las Vegas heist.

Attempts to contact Brinton and their attorney in Las Vegas were unsuccessful.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    lock it up! lock it up!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Can we stop picking on this poor woman already

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    After we cave his head in.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    After we cave his head in.
    She, not he!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2023)