Thread: Ozzy Osbourne seen for the first time since announcing he's retiring from touring

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Sad Ozzy Osbourne seen for the first time since announcing he's retiring from touring

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Ozzy Osbourne was seen in public for the first time since announcing his retirement from touring this week.

The 74-year-old rock legend walked with a cane as he entered a medical center in Los Angeles Wednesday. The former Black Sabbath vocalist appeared in good spirits, flashing the peace sign to photographers.

The outing came just hours after he wrote on his social media accounts that he would have to cancel his tour because of a spinal injury he suffered four years ago and other health problems.

He said his singing voice is "fine" but he's "physically weak" from "three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment," which uses a robotic exoskeleton to help improve movement.

"I am honestly humbled by the way you’ve all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realization that I’m not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required," he wrote.

He called the announcement "one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to share with my loyal fans," adding that the thought of "disappointing" them "really F---S ME UP, more than you will ever know."

"Never would I have imagined that my touring days would have ended this way," he wrote, adding that his team is trying to figure out how he can perform without having to travel.

Osbourne was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2003, and he was inolved in a near-fatal crash on an ATV the same year. In 2019, he fell, which aggravated his neck and back injuries, requiring surgery.

"With the pressing on the spinal column, I got nerve pain," Ozzy told The Observer last year. "I’d never f---ing heard of nerve pain! You know when you’re a kid, and you’re playing with snow and your hands get really cold? Then you go in and you pour on hot water, and they start getting warm? And you get those chills? And it f---ing hurts? It’s like that."

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Glad I got to see him with Black Sabbath before he had to stop

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How long ago was that?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the late 90s and early 2000 Ozzy headlined Ozzfest most of the time, but 3 or 4 times he headlined with Black Sabbath and it was awesome

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I bet, plus that would have been way before he began his decline.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He still seemed to struggle to get out onstage (especially the last show), but once he got going he sounded great.