Thread: Driver tried giving deputy 'Get Out of Jail Free Card' during Minnesota traffic stop

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Amusing Driver tried giving deputy 'Get Out of Jail Free Card' during Minnesota traffic stop

by ZACHARY ROGERS | The National Desk

CHISAGO COUNTY, Minn. (TND) — Drivers "do not pass go" and "do not collect $200" if they try to hand a sheriff's deputy a "Get Out of Jail Free Card" from the popular board game "Monopoly," according to authorities there.

That's the message passed on by the Chisago County Sheriff's Office in a social media post over the weekend.

As the sheriff's office tells it, a driver in Chisago County was pulled over on Friday night. When asked for his driver's license, the driver handed it over along with the ever-famous Monopoly "Get Out of Jail Free Card."

"Unfortunately the state of Minnesota does not recognize this as a valid document," the Chisago County Sheriff's Office said in its post. "Points for the effort and humor though! [laughing emoji]"

The Sheriff's Office's post has been shared roughly 300 times so far.

"I wonder how long they have been holding on to this card. I don't think they are that color anymore," one reply read.

"I would laugh if they had a wallet full of monopoly money to pay for their fines lol," said another.

The Chisago County Sheriff's Office didn't elaborate on what the driver was stopped for, and if they were ever at risk of being put in jail.

One thing's clear, however: the "Get Out of Jail Free Card" only works in Monopoly!

"Whoever handles this page at your sheriff’s office, deserves a raise! It is pure gold! I don’t even live in Chisago County but I come here for the content!" one Facebook reply said.

"Wait until you see next Saturday’s post. [smile emoji]," the Chisago County Sheriff's Office said in reply.

The iconic American board game "Monopoly" is the brainchild of Charles B. Darrow, who sold the concept to the Parker Brothers in 1935.

The game is meant to be played by two to eight players and focuses on attaining as much money as possible while trying to make your opponents go bankrupt.

In the game, there are "chance" cards that provide either benefits or punishments. One of those benefits is the "Get Out of Jail Free Card," which can be used to get out of the game's jail space for free.

There now exist many different forms of Monopoly, such as editions that feature Marvel superheroes, video game characters and even a "Bibleopoly."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-28-2023), lost in melb. (03-28-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts