Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ‘Shocked’ Donald Trump will face 34 counts of business fraud after NYC indictment: lawyer Joe Tacopina

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Politics ‘Shocked’ Donald Trump will face 34 counts of business fraud after NYC indictment: lawyer Joe Tacopina

By Victor Nava - New York Post

Donald Trump was “shocked” when he learned Thursday that a Manhattan grand jury voted to indict him, according to his attorney, who revealed the former president will face 34 counts when he’s arraigned next week.

Joe Tacopina told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he talked to Trump, 76, after the indictment came down, saying they both learned about it through media reports and not from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office.

“He’s ready to fight. You know, he’s the toughest guy I know. He was shocked, you know, because we really weren’t – I was shocked,” Tacopina said of Trump’s reaction to the indictment.

“I’ve never been more angry about a charge because today, the rule of law in the United States of America died. It’s dead. It’s dead,” Tacopina said.

Tacopina added that he believes the reports that Trump will be charged with over 30 counts of business fraud.

“We now heard 34 counts, and I guarantee you it’s going to be 34 counts when we find out next week,” he said.

“They’ll take each check and make that a count, perhaps, and that’s how they’ll do it because the checks are paid to Cohen,” he explained.

The lawyer added that Trump’s expected Tuesday arraignment is “not finalized.”

“We are discussing with them, you know, obviously, there’s a group called the Secret Service that’s involved now. I mean, this is going to be something we’ve never seen the likes of,” Tacopina said.

When asked if Trump will be handcuffed next week, Tacopina responded, “No.”

“This will backfire. Because we’re gonna win this case. We will humiliate them, and they will pay the price,” Tacopina added.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    bullshit is still bullshit when you cut it up into 34 pieces.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    You don't think Trump got Cohen to pay Daniels to cover up his 'indiscretion'

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    You don't think Trump got Cohen to pay Daniels to cover up his 'indiscretion'
    It doesn't matter. What's relevant is that Bragg is trying to turn this into a federal campaign finance malfeasance issue, which a) is not Bragg's jurisdiction as he's only a state level AG, and only AGs in the US DOJ have jurisdiction over such things, and b) federal AGs in the US DOJ already looked into this and refused to bring charges against Trump for it. Also, if Bragg is doing this on the state level, which is all he has the jurisdiction to do, then whatever other charges he has, or what was being discussed by the talking heads as possible charges relating to this, the statute of limitations on those charges have already run out.

Another issue is that Cohen is a proven liar and will say and do anything to get out of jail. So he's a shit witness with no credibility. He signed an admission statement earlier stating he paid her out of his own funds under his own power, without having been instructed to do so by anyone. That's a legal document and if Cohen testifies otherwise then that legal document will come back and bite him on the ass.

And frankly, if we use a little common sense here: Who the hell gives a fuck if he fucked her and paid her off to keep her quiet? That's between him and his wife and no one else.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 03-31-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-01-2023), Teh One Who Knocks (04-02-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I guess we'll see what charges are laid and what evidence they have.

But regarding your last paragraph, though I actually agree
    .. if the payment was politically motivated (to stop the American people from knowing) then it's against the law. Maybe it's a bad law, but that's a different matter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I guess we'll see what charges are laid and what evidence they have.

But regarding your last paragraph, though I actually agree
    .. if the payment was politically motivated (to stop the American people from knowing) then it's against the law. Maybe it's a bad law, but that's a different matter.
    But I've already gone over that in the second paragraph. It's a matter of a sworn testimony put into legal documentation that Trump had nothing to do with it. Cohen was responsible for it all, as he stated under oath. You can't just wipe that away and pretend it doesn't exist.

Also, again, federal issue, Bragg has no jurisdiction.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 04-01-2023 at 06:49 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-02-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh, and keep in mind, that in the USA, a defendant is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Seems like everybody's forgetting that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-02-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    But I've already gone over that in the second paragraph. It's a matter of a sworn testimony put into legal documentation that Trump had nothing to do with it. Cohen was responsible for it all, as he stated under oath. You can't just wipe that away and pretend it doesn't exist.

Also, again, federal issue, Bragg has no jurisdiction.
    They may have other evidence.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Oh, and keep in mind, that in the USA, a defendant is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Seems like everybody's forgetting that.
    Yes, so Trump is getting his day in court. Nevertheless, it is significant that he is going to face criminal charges.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yes, so Trump is getting his day in court. Nevertheless, it is significant that he is going to face criminal charges.
    There's nothing "significant" about it. It's a county DA trying to make a political name for himself. As has already been mentioned in this thread, multiple agencies with far more expertise and authority to pursue these charges have all looked into it and said there is no case. He is trying to fabricate federal charges for things that were barely a misdemeanor under NY state law where the statute of limitations has already expired.

This DA won't even prosecute violent felonies in his own jurisdiction and is reducing the penalties of crime in New York City, yet he is hell bent on pursuing this which happened in 2016 FFS. This is nothing more than a personal vendetta from someone who vowed to "get Trump" if elected. It's all bullshit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-02-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    There's nothing "significant" about it. It's a county DA trying to make a political name for himself. As has already been mentioned in this thread, multiple agencies with far more expertise and authority to pursue these charges have all looked into it and said there is no case. He is trying to fabricate federal charges for things that were barely a misdemeanor under NY state law where the statute of limitations has already expired.

This DA won't even prosecute violent felonies in his own jurisdiction and is reducing the penalties of crime in New York City, yet he is hell bent on pursuing this which happened in 2016 FFS. This is nothing more than a personal vendetta from someone who vowed to "get Trump" if elected. It's all bullshit.
    Yes I agree it's a witch hunt. But we don't know what the 34 counts of business fraud are, so I see no point speculating on anything to do with them.

Soon we will know exactly what those counts are.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yes I agree it's a witch hunt. But we don't know what the 34 counts of business fraud are, so I see no point speculating on anything to do with them.

Soon we will know exactly what those counts are.
    It's 34 counts of bullshit is what it is.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    This is just going to get him elected I'm guessing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    This is just going to get him elected I'm guessing.
    I still think that his unfavorablity among independents is far too high for him to be a viable candidate to defeat anyone on the democrat side.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Pony (04-03-2023)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    I guess we will see, I was listening to some political speaker and his take was that people that were kinda on the fence are seeing exactly how out of control the government is and are starting to lean back towards Trump for some more swamp cleaning. Some of these latest polls seem to be showing him in a pretty good position and looking better every day

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/4zul6phw...abs_Joined.pdf