Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness: 'This isn't a parody'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,098 Times in 59,908 Posts

Woke Bud Light partners with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney for March Madness: 'This isn't a parody'

By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

Trans TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney was announced as the latest spokesperson for Bud Light in a pair of videos that were attacked on social media.

The trans activist revealed on Saturday that the beer company sent packs Bud Light featuring the influencer’s face as a way to celebrate the "365 Days of Girlhood" milestone Mulvaney recently reached.

"Happy March Madness!! Just found out this had to do with sports and not just saying it’s a crazy month! In celebration of this sports thing @budlight is giving you the chance to win $15,000! Share a video with #EasyCarryContest for a chance to win!! Good luck! #budlightpartner," Mulvaney wrote on Instagram.

Another video featured Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the campaign.

The announcement was met with backlash with Twitter users describing the ad campaign as another attempt to push gender propaganda.

Conservative commentator John Cardillo wrote, "Who the hell at @budlight thought it was a good idea to make a grown man who dresses like little girls their new spokesperson? Brands have to stop listening to their woke creative teams and get in touch with their consumer demographics."

"Might genuinely be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life," The Spectator contributing editor Stephen Miller remarked.

Townhall.com columnist Derek Hunter joked, "@budlight: the groomer of beers."

"Message to conservative families from @budlight seems to be: We will encourage and even celebrate the erasure of men and women along with all the values you care about. They’ve gone totally woke. Will you ever spend your money with them now?" director Robby Starbuck tweeted.

"This isn’t a parody. Dylan Mulvaney is now the face of Bud Light," journalist Ian Miles Cheong similarly wrote.

Conservative radio host Erick Erickson wrote, "Is the Bud Light thing an April Fool's joke? I mean it is trash beer, but given the constituent demo of Bud Light drinkers, it seems like a terrible marketing thing."

Just days prior, Mulvaney also announced a partnership with the fashion design company Kate Spade.

"Celebrating the first say of spring with @katespadeny #katespadenypartner," Mulvaney wrote.

Mulvaney gained noteriaty after interviewing President Biden on transgender issuers in October. During the interview, Biden revealed that he does not believe states should ban "gender-affirming health care."

"I don’t think any state or anybody should have the right to do that — as a moral question and as a legal question. I just think it’s wrong," Biden said.

Actress Drew Barrymore also interviewed Mulvaney which led to the actress kneeling and hugging Mulvaney in solidarity.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    It could be worse. A real beer company with real beer could have tried pushing this.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Isn't Bud light a gay beer, anyhow?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Isn't Bud light a gay beer, anyhow?

Gay, but not Trans. Transported by trucks, not trains.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Gay, but not Trans. Transported by trucks, not trains.
    Not woke enough

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Bud Light’s pact with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney sparks outrage, praise

By Brian Flood , David Rutz | Fox News

Anheuser-Busch set social media ablaze when beer juggernaut Bud Light celebrated transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney’s "365 Days of Girlhood" with a polarizing promotion.

The trans activist revealed Saturday that the beer company sent packs of Bud Light featuring the influencer’s face as a way to celebrate a full year of "girlhood" that Mulvaney recently reached. Mulvaney said the cans were her "most prized possession" on Instagram with a post featuring "#budlightpartner." A video then featured Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the campaign.

The announcement was met with significant backlash, with some Twitter users describing the ad campaign as the latest attempt to push gender propaganda. Many people mocked Bud Light over the partnership and even wondered if it was some sort of April Fool’s prank. Conservative singer Kid Rock used several Bud Light cases for target practice in a viral video, and there have been calls to boycott.

"I made a joke that Budweiser has confirmed something I have suspected all along, that Bud Light is a beer made for men who identify as little girls," competitive skateboarder Taylor Silverman told Fox News Digital.

Silverman has been outspoken regarding the transgender community since a transgender woman edged her out for a $5,000 first-place prize in the 2021 Red Bull Cornerstone event. Silverman blasted Bud Light’s promotion as an "attempt at woke virtue signaling," and believes the beer maker dropped the ball.

"Dylan Mulvaney has consistently and continuously made a mockery of women and claims to identify as a girl," Silverman said.

"It's disappointing to see someone making a mockery of females be applauded for it. But there is good news, and that is that we vote with our dollar every single day," Silverman continued. "When companies make it clear that they don't share our value of respecting women, the best way to handle that is to no longer financially support them by purchasing their products and turn to alternatives."

But others celebrated Anheuser-Busch’s decision.

One of Bud Light’s supporters is Bryan Kramer, an award-winning influencer and brand marketing guru, who believes the transgender community is "marginalized" and Mulvaney is the ideal person to lead a national conversation.

"She fits the mold and if you’re looking at a marginalized community, the trans world is the community that’s getting hit. So, as a brand, and lots of brands are trying to approach this, I would approach it the same way, as an influencer marketing campaign, sending out something personalized and creating something that creates connection," Kramer told Fox News Digital.

"I think it’s a win for Bud Light and I think it was a win for other brands," Kramer added, noting that the beer juggernaut essentially served as a guinea pig for corporations who face backlash for similar situations.

"It can become the template, if you will, for what we do moving forward for this marginalized community and others," he said. "The real thing here is that this is about inclusion and diversity and inclusion, and diversity as a whole is not propaganda. It's an essential part of our society."

Kramer continued, "Moving forward, it's something that brands are having to take a position on."

Kramer doesn’t believe critics of the Mulvaney promotion will hurt Bud Light, and he pointed to a popular fast food restaurant as proof that companies can survive backlash.

"Chick-Fil-A took a stance as well, and I've got to say that their brand is standing up just fine," he said. "Brands can take a stance on certain things, they can have polarizing issues and yet, they still remain standing."

In fact, he believes Anheuser-Busch struck gold with the trans activist with Mulvaney, who gained notoriety after interviewing President Joe Biden on transgender issues in October.

"Brands are looking for influencers that break the mold. They're not looking for influencers that are vanilla or status quo. And so, when you find an influencer that's gaining momentum, every brand is working on that. They're looking for rising star influencers, the ones that are on their way up. You don't want an influencer that's already at the top. You want an influencer that is creating some kind of ripple effect right now on the way up just before they reach that status," Kramer said. "And if a brand can find that influencer, that's where they're going to do their best work. And so that's what I think they're doing with Dillon."

Anheuser-Busch defended the polarizing decision.

"Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics and passion points. From time to time, we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public," an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told Fox News.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Conservative singer Kid Rock used several Bud Light cases for target practice in a viral video, and there have been calls to boycott.
    I'm sorry but this is hilarious and bizarre, people take this shit so seriously

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-16-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Bud Light's marketing VP says she was inspired to update 'fratty,' 'out of touch' branding with inclusivity

By Alexander Hall | Fox News

Bud Light's vice president of marketing discussed in a recent interview how she was inspired to update the "fratty" and "out of touch" humor of the beer company with inclusivity.

Alissa Heinerscheid did an interview with the podcast "Make Yourself At Home" on March 30, where she discussed her work in transforming the Bud Light brand.

"I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light,'" Heinerscheid said.

Heinerscheid's comments have gone viral days later, after Bud Light and its parent company Anheuser-Busch received backlash for partnering with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney. The beer maker ignited a firestorm earlier this month when it celebrated Mulvaney's "365 Days of Girlhood," by sending Mulvaney custom-made cans featuring the influencer's face. Mulvaney said the cans were her "most prized possession" on Instagram with a post featuring "#budlightpartner." A video then featured Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the campaign.

After the host asked Heinerscheid about how her background, perspective, and values impacted the Bud Light brand, the Bud Light vice president said, "I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light.’"

She added further that she had a "super clear" mandate that "to evolve and elevate this incredibly iconic brand." She said that what she "brought" to the brand was a "belief" that to evolve and elevate means to incorporate "inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men."

Heinerscheid suggested that "representation is sort of at the heart of evolution, you have got to see people who reflect you in the work."

She then disparaged the work of Bud Light’s past branding.

"We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach," she said.

Mulvaney's posts caused backlash for Anheuser Busch, but the beer company defended the partnership.

"Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics. From time to time we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public," an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told Fox News.

In a previous interview with Forbes, Heinerscheid claimed that "female representation is a personal passion point of mine."

Since the controversy broke out, Bud Light's related social media accounts have been silent. Bud Light has not posted on Instagram to its 377,000 followers since March 30 and the brand’s 311,000 Twitter followers have not seen any posts since April 1. Additionally, the beer brand has not posted to its over 7.5 million Facebook followers since March 30.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Anheuser-Busch loses more than $5 billion in value amid Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light controversy

By Ariel Zilber - New York Post

Beer Colossus Anheuser-Busch saw its value plummet more than $5 billion since the company announced its branding partnership with controversial transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Since March 31, shares of Bud Light’s parent company have fallen by nearly 4% — knocking down the company’s market capitalization from $132.38 billion to $127.13 billion on Wednesday.

Anheuser-Busch stock fizzled more than 1.5% on Wednesday.

The company is dealing with the fallout from conservatives over its deal with Mulvaney, the 26-year-old transgender influencer with more than 10 million followers on social media.

Mulvaney fired back at critics Tuesday, accusing them of bullying her because she’s an “easy target.”

As a guest on the “Onward with Rosie O’Donnell” podcast, Mulvaney said her trolls intentionally twist her words and actions in an effort to blast the transgender community.

“The reason that I think I am so … I’m an easy target is because I’m so new to this,” Mulvaney said. “I think going after a trans woman that’s been doing this for like 20 years is a lot more difficult. I think maybe they think that there’s some sort of chance with me … But what is their goal?”

“These people, they don’t understand me, and anything that I do or say then somehow gets taken out of context and is used against me and it’s so sad because everything I try to put out is positive. It’s trying to connect with others that maybe don’t understand me. It’s to make people laugh or to make a kid feel seen.”

Mulvaney had posted videos and photos on social media promoting her sponsorship deal with Bud Light, which produced specially made cans with Mulvaney’s likeness to commemorate the partnership.

The Mulvaney endorsement deal prompted Kid Rock to shoot up several cans of Bud Light with an assault rifle.

Bud Light produced specially designed cans with Mulvaney’s likeness to commemorate the partnership.

The backlash even prompted a local Missouri distributor to cancel an appearance by the famous Budweiser Clydesdale horses due to fears for the safety of staffers.

Industry experts told The Post on Tuesday that the controversy appears to have to stay in power and could lead to a full-blown boycott of Anheuser-Bush products.

Mulvaney reportedly is pulling down more than $1 million in sponsorship deals with several big-name brands including Nike and Kate Spade.

Megyn Kelly lashed out at the “non-breasted” Mulvaney’s deal with Nike.

“Nike sponsoring Dylan Mulvaney now for a f–king sports bra,” Kelly said during Tuesday’s edition of “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM.

“I’m sorry, Dylan doesn’t have breasts.”

Mulvaney’s sponsorship deal prompted Kid Rock to shoot cans of Bud Light.

“Dylan’s been taking some sort of a hormone that has turned Dylan into some … I don’t know what’s happening there, but those are not breasts.”

“And Dylan doesn’t need any sort of a bra — never mind a sports bra,” according to Kelly.

Both Bud Light and Nike have pushed back against the criticism and stood by Mulvaney.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-13-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh boy....

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Anheuser-Busch CEO Breaks Long Silence Amid Dylan Mulvaney PR Crisis

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

After nearly two weeks of backlash, including threats of a boycott movement and significant losses in market value to his company, Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth issued a statement related to Bud Light’s controversial decision to partner with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, but did not make mention of Mulvaney, transgenderism — or offer an apology to offended customers.

The controversy erupted at the start of the month when Mulvaney, a man who claims to be a woman, announced on Instagram: “Bud Light sent me possibly the best gift ever: a can with my face on it.” The video also included the hashtag #budlightpartner. In the days and weeks that followed, critics blasted Bud Light for its tone-deaf marketing and beer drinkers passed over it for other brands.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” Whitworth said in a statement Friday. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.”

Whitworth said that he is responsible “for ensuring every consumer feels proud of the beer we brew” and that the company proudly supports “our communities, military, first responders, sports fans, and hard-working Americans everywhere.” Whitworth added that he spends a lot of time “listening to and learning from our customers, distributors, and others.”

The statement failed to directly address the controversy that sent the company into a 13-day public relations crisis in the first place — their decision to collaborate with a man who has achieved internet fame by pretending to be a woman for the last year.

The CEO’s statement came nearly two weeks after Mulvaney appeared in an April 1 video showing off Bud Light cans with his face on them. Initially, there was confusion as to whether the April Fool’s Day announcement from Mulvaney was even real because Bud Light’s official social media pages and press page made no mention of a partnership with him.

But Bud Light confirmed and defended its partnership with Mulvaney on April 3, saying that custom beer cans were a “gift” for Mulvaney’s personal milestone, a reference to the 365 days Mulvaney has gone posting videos in make-up and women’s clothing.

While sources familiar with the matter later claimed to The Daily Wire that “no one at the senior level” of the company was aware of Bud Light’s polarizing partnership with Mulvaney, the company’s vice president of marketing recently touted her mandate to make the brand more “inclusive.”

Last week, the company issued a statement confirming the partnership and describing it as an attempt to “authentically connect with audiences across various demographics and passion points.”

The marketing stunt appears to have cost the company $5 billion in market value this week, and the backlash to the iconic American beer brand has been so intense that a Budweiser distributor in Missouri canceled an event with the company’s famous Clydesdale horses because everything was “still sensitive” over the matter.

Major conservative figures, including Kid Rock, Matt Walsh, Travis Tritt, John Rich, and Tucker Carlson, have been relentless in their criticism of Bud Light, and it’s not clear if the CEO’s recent statement will do anything to address their concerns.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Joe Rogan swigs Bud Light while laughing-off backlash over Dylan Mulvaney partnership and says: 'Why, if something is good do you give a f*** who's got it?'

The popular podcast host said he thought it was 'funny' how outraged people were over the beer company's partnership with the transgender influencer
    He also admitted to being entertained by some of the backlash, including the Kid Rock video in which he shoots several cans of Bud Light
    Bud Light has lost more than $5billion in market value since the eruption or controversy over its partnership with Dylan Mulvaney
    Joe Rogan swigged a Bud Light during his latest show - while suggesting the controversy over trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney was overblown.

Speaking on The Joe Rogan Experience Wednesday, Rogan said: 'Why, if something is good, do you give a f**k who's got it?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaney-row.html

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I suspect Rogan's sexuality is secure - unlike Bud light drinkers

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Second Bud Light marketing exec placed on leave after Dylan Mulvaney backlash

By Isabel Keane - New York Post

A second Bud Light senior marketing executive has been placed on leave following backlash and calls for a boycott over the brand’s recent partnership with popular transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, according to a report.

Daniel Blake, who oversees marketing for Anheuser-Busch’s mainstream brands, stepped back from his role Sunday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

It was reported Friday that another executive — the brewer’s vice president of marketing who was behind the campaign, Alissa Heinerscheid — was taking a leave of absence.

“Given the circumstances, Alissa has decided to take a leave of absence, which we support,” an Anheuser-Busch spokeswoman told the Journal. “Daniel has also decided to take a leave of absence.”

People familiar with the matter told the Journal that the decision to take leave was not voluntary.

The intense backlash began after Bud Light partnered with Mulvaney, a popular transgender influencer with over 10 million TikTok followers who rose to fame chronicling her gender transition on social media.

After she finished her “365 Days of Girlhood” video series, the beer brand sent Mulvaney custom-made cans featuring her face to help promote its March Madness contest.

In a video shared on Instagram, the content creator is dressed like Audrey Hepburn’s character in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” as she cracks open a Bud Light can and takes a sip.

“This month I celebrated my 365 days of womanhood and Bud Light sent me possibly the best gift ever — a can with my face on it,” Mulvaney said in the video noting her milestone. A second video for the campaign featured the influencer drinking a can of Bud Light in her bathtub.

A day before Mulvaney shared news of the partnership, Heinerscheid was interviewed on the podcast “Make Yourself At Home,” where she discussed her work in transforming the Bud Light brand from one marked by “fratty” and “out of touch” humor to one that embraces inclusivity.

“I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light,‘” Heinerscheid said.

Despite the growing backlash from the partnership with Mulvaney, Bud Light initially defended the move before offering a half-hearted apology to its loyal customers last week.

Heinerscheid has led the brand since June. It’s unclear if her replacement, Todd Allen, the global vice president of Budweiser, would be in the role permanently.

A replacement has not been announced for Blake, who has worked at Anheuser-Busch for nearly nine years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I suspect Rogan's sexuality is secure - unlike Bud light drinkers

Or maybe, just maybe, average people are finally getting fed up with having woke shit shoved down their throats on a daily basis.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-24-2023), PorkChopSandwiches (04-24-2023)