Thread: Unhinged NYC college professor who cursed out anti-abortion students holds machete to Post reporter’s neck

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Off My Meds Unhinged NYC college professor who cursed out anti-abortion students holds machete to Post reporter’s neck

By Reuven Fenton and Emily Crane - New York Post

The unhinged Manhattan college professor who went viral for cursing out anti-abortion students shockingly held a machete to a Post reporter’s neck Tuesday — and made wild threats that she was going to “chop” him up.

Shellyne Rodriguez spewed the menacing remarks when The Post knocked on the door of her Bronx apartment Tuesday morning — a day after she made headlines for flipping out on pro-life students at Hunter College.

“Get the f–k away from my door, or I’m gonna chop you up with this machete!” the manic adjunct art professor shouted from behind her closed door just moments after veteran reporter Reuven Fenton identified himself.

Seconds later, Rodriguez barged out and alarmingly put the blade to the reporter’s neck.

“Get the f–k away from my door! Get the f–k away from my door!” she raged before retreating back into her apartment and slamming the door.

The Post reporter and photographer immediately left the apartment building, but an armed Rodriguez quickly followed and accosted them outside.

“If I see you on this block one more f–king time, you’re gonna …,” Rodriguez said, while still wielding the implement.

“Get the f–k off the block! Get the f–k out of here, yo!”

The professor briefly chased The Post’s photographer down the street to his car before coming back to kick the reporter in the shins.

She finally retreated into her building just moments later.

Vince DiMiceli, a spokesman for Hunter College, told The Post Tuesday afternoon that Rodriguez had been fired.

“Hunter College strongly condemns the unacceptable actions of Shellyne Rodriguez and has taken immediate action,” he said.

“Rodriguez has been relieved of her duties at Hunter College effective immediately, and will not be returning to teach at the school.”

The terrifying ordeal unfolded after footage surfaced online that showed Rodriguez unleashing a profanity-laden attack on anti-abortion students who’d set up an information table at Hunter College earlier this month.

“You’re not educating s–t. This is f–king propaganda,” the art professor hissed to the students in the May 2 incident.

“What are you going to do, like, anti-trans next?”

A male student behind the table was filmed telling her, “I mean, no, we’re talking about abortion” and that he was sorry about “triggering” her students.

Rodriguez fired back, telling the male student he couldn’t be sorry “because you can’t even have a f–king baby.”

The video, which was posted to Twitter by Students for Life of America, then showed the professor tossing the students’ pamphlets.

It wasn’t immediately clear what unfolded between Rodriguez and the pro-life students before the camera started rolling.

A rep for Hunter College, a public school that is part of the city’s CUNY program, previously said the school is aware of the caught-on-camera altercation and is “taking this matter very seriously.”

“The provost has opened an investigation into the professor’s actions,” the representative said.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

“You’re not educating s–t. This is f–king propaganda,” the art professor hissed to the students in the May 2 incident.
    LOL, they always like to project

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Maybe I missed it, but how is this woman not arrested for assault with a deadly weapon at the least?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but how is this woman not arrested for assault with a deadly weapon at the least?
    It's NYC and she's black. They ain't arresting her for jack shit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    'roid rage

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly chased reporter turns herself in to cops, claims she's a victim

By Chris Eberhart | Fox News

The machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter surrendered to police Thursday morning, even though she insists she's the victim and said the entire incident "has taken a toll on my mental health."

Shellyne Rodriguez, 45, turned herself in to police around 7 a.m., according to the New York Post. It's unclear if she was charged.

She told ARTnews through her spokesperson that Hunter College, where she was an adjunct professor, fired her because the school "capitulated" to "racists, white nationalists, and misogynists."

The NYPD said in a statement Wednesday afternoon that there was a menacing complaint report on file following Tuesday's confrontation with the reporter, but no arrest was made at that point.

Rodriguez didn't return Fox News Digital's calls for comment on Wednesday, but told ARTnews that The Post reporter "did not use the intercom to gain access, and appear to have been trespassing inside the building when they pounded on her door and started yelling at her through the door."

The journalist, Reuven Fenton, said he identified himself as a reporter and was at her door asking for an interview with Rodriguez after she was seen in video destroying Students for Life in America's pro-life display in an expletive-filled rant that went viral earlier this month.

Rodriguez told ARTnews that Hunter told her to apologize, which she said she did, "Yet before the process could be completed, on May 19, Students for Life circulated a manipulated video of the incident on social media and mobilized their members to attack me."

"For the past two weeks, I have been inundated with vile and hateful emails, texts and voicemails nonstop," she told the outlet. "As much as this incident has stakes for my life, it is ultimately just one part of a broader political struggle taking place across the country.

"Right wing media organizations are weaponizing and sensationalizing this case to further their agenda, and using me as a prism through which to project their attacks on women, trans people, Black people, Latinx people, migrants, and beyond."

During the confrontation with The Post reporter, Rodriguez is seen on video bursting out of her apartment while holding a blade to Fenton's throat.

According to the NYPD, she allegedly followed him out of the building with the machete, chased him along the street and kicked him in the leg.

Wendy Olsoff, a co-founder of P.P.O.W, the NYC gallery that represents Rodriguez, told ARTnews the situation is similar to when the American Family Association and Rev. Donald Wildmon went after David Wojnarowicz, whose estate is also on the gallery’s roster.

Wojnarowicz was gay and spoke openly about governmental ignorance of AIDS, causing some Christian groups to term his art "blasphemous," the outlet reported.

"Now I feel like nothing has changed and, in fact, the strategies of these organizations have gotten more sophisticated," Olsoff said in a statement to ARTnews. "Now all organizations, like the AFA, have to do is manipulate an iPhone video and characterize Rodriguez as an insane gay Black woman professor.

"With the click of a button, their hateful message of fear, violence, racism, sexism and homophobia can be sent across the country and the world – meant to target people of color, the LGBTQAI+, women’s rights and anyone who doesn’t fall in line with their agenda."

P.P.O.W. didn't return Fox News Digital's calls for comment on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Fenton appeared on "Hannity" Tuesday night to talk about the confrontation.

"We just wanted to speak to this woman," Fenton told host Sean Hannity. "We thought we might have a chance given that she's obviously passionate about her beliefs and maybe if we showed up to her door, she'd be willing to grant us an interview."

Fenton told Hannity that he is still processing the incident as he considers pressing charges against Rodriguez.

Rodriguez is also a faculty member in NYC's The School of Visual Arts, which said it's reviewing Rodriguez’s employment, and she wasn't scheduled to teach any classes, even before the violent altercation.

"SVA is aware of the incidents involving one of our faculty members, Shellyne Rodriguez, who is not currently teaching any courses at the College," the school said in a statement to news outlets. "We are assessing to determine any potential next steps."

Fox News and the New York Post share common ownership.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She's the victim

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    She's the victim
    He almost pushed his neck onto the blade. That's assault!