Thread: J.K. Rowling Goes Viral With Message To Those Pushing People To Use ‘Cis’ After Musk Labels It A ‘Slur’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Awesome J.K. Rowling Goes Viral With Message To Those Pushing People To Use ‘Cis’ After Musk Labels It A ‘Slur’

By Katie Jerkovich - The Daily Wire

Famed “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling went viral after she posted a message to those pushing people to use the word “cis,” a term used to describe people whose identity and gender correspond with their biological sex, after Twitter boss Elon Musk labeled it “a slur.”

Rowling, who has faced numerous attacks from leftist activists for her support of biological women, tweeted on Wednesday: “‘Cis’ is ideological language” that signifies “belief in the unfalsifiable concept of gender identity.”

“You have a perfect right to believe in unprovable essences that may or may not match the sexed body, but the rest of us have a right to disagree, and to refuse to adopt your jargon,” Rowling tweeted. Her post has since gone viral with more than 4.5 million views and counting.

In a second tweet, she torched a trans activist who told her, “You as a cis woman have every right to disagree with me, cis man, and other cis women, along with trans men and trans women.”

“Just type ‘repent, heretic,'” Rowling tweeted. “Fewer characters and it’ll have exactly the same effect on me.”

The post came about after Musk responded to a commentator on the site who had tweeted, “Yesterday, after posting a Tweet saying that I reject the word ‘cis’ and don’t wish to be called it, I receive a slew of messages from trans activists calling me ‘cissy’ and telling me that I am ‘cis’ ‘whether or not I like it.’ Just imagine if the roles were reversed.”

In response, Elon informed users on the platform, “Repeated, targeted harassment against any account will cause the harassing accounts to receive, at minimum, temporary suspensions.”

“The words ‘cis’ or ‘cisgender’ are considered slurs on this platform,” he added.

Rowling previously spoke out against the former Scottish female First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, who in 2022 supported that government’s Gender Recognition Reform Bill.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-22-2023)