Thread: Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In Public: ‘Covid Is Very Much Still A Thing’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Off My Meds Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In Public: ‘Covid Is Very Much Still A Thing’

By Amanda Harding - The Daily Wire

“Star Trek” actor Wil Wheaton recently explained why he feels compelled to keep wearing a mask in certain public settings even though people act like “d*cks” about it.

The 51-year-old took to social media, saying “someone asked why [my wife] Anne and I wear masks to hockey games, and because they weren’t a d*ck about it, I answered them.”

Wheaton said he was posting his full reply for future reference.

“Covid is very much still A Thing, and so is the flu, the common cold, and other respiratory illnesses,” he began a lengthy Facebook post.

“I started masking during the pandemic, because I didn’t want to get sick and die. I have kept masking when I’m in close proximity to other people, large crowds, or small indoor spaces because I haven’t had the flu or a cold or, gods forbid, Covid, since I made that choice.”

He continued, “It’s such a tiny, simple, thing and it makes a huge difference for me. It’s too bad that so many people have decided to make another personal health choice that is none of their business, that doesn’t affect them at all, just another part of their culture war. And it tells you everything you need to know about a person when they are a d*ck about it.”

Wheaton went on to describe a fellow hockey game attendee who was “coughing and sneezing his face off” during the game, which he presented as a good reason to be wearing a mask. “That’s basically why I wear a mask whenever I’m in a crowd, and why I wish it wasn’t such a big stupid deal (pro or against),” he added.

Next, he said people appreciate his masking. “I see a lot of thank yous for wearing masks in our photos. I appreciate the kindness, but we aren’t making a statement. We aren’t modeling behavior. We are doing what is best for us, period. This isn’t a statement, it’s just a personal health choice. If it helps normalize the entire thing, I’m happy for that passive bonus, but it’s not something I’m spending an action or even a bonus action on,” he wrote.

Finally, Wheaton compared masking to wearing shoes.

He wrote, “I haven’t heard someone complain that I wear shoes into a restaurant, and I haven’t ever had someone thank me for wearing shoes in a restaurant. I hope it will be the same with masks, sooner than later. It’s nobody’s business, and the only people who are d*cks about it are d*cks about everything else, anyway.”

“I’m just tired of this being not just A Thing, but A Big Stupid F***ing Culture War Thing,” the actor concluded. “So. Mind your business, do what’s best for your health and in consideration of the health of those around you, and don’t be a d*ck.”

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Sad to see that there are people out there that have been completely broken over Covid. To be that paranoid over something that is now nothing more than a cold is crazy, they will never be right in the head again.

Just yesterday on the way home from work I saw two people in a car, one in the front seat and one riding in the back, windows up, both wearing N95 masks

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Yeah, doesnt he know that ACE2 was merely the initial primary attack vector (he could have taken up cigarettes and achieved the same effect,) and at this point there are several which include all bodily fluids

But then again the lines have been so blurred that it has become difficult to tell what's a cold/flu and what's Dr Fauci & Ralph Baric's magic bat virus with the AIDS furin cleavage site, and what's adverse effects from the biggest mass medical experiment in history ever.

That furin cleavage site from HIV that the Indians found in Jan/Feb is but one of like 26 different cones of shit hanging off what they designed. Purposefully designed to just hit anything available and this is why while excess death is still up, causes appear to be all over the place. So for example whereas my uncle got Vasculitis from his participation in the experiment, my boss is having the myelin sheaths eaten off her nerves from it and is having MS symptoms. All in the massive list of adverse effects, of course.