Page 428 of 495 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 7415

Thread: What's the last movie you've seen?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Pandering

I just found it really annoying and pandering when Cpt Marvel was taking the Infinity Gantlet and all the female cast "had her back"
    Plus I already have a bad taste for Brie Larson after her BS anti white male rhetoric when Cpt Marvel was being released

Believe it or not, Captain Marvel supposedly had a much larger role in the movie, but because of all the backlash against her during Capt Marvel, they cut her parts out early on. They also cut about 30 minutes of footage from the release, so technically, if they didn't throw the cuts away, there could conceivably be several versions of Endgame floating around.

In actuality, they weren't really pandering. It was a call back to Infinity War when Black Widow, Okoye, and Scarlet Witch were fighting Proxima Midnight in Wakanda. Also, it's a reference to a specific comic book, the full female-only Avengers team called A-Force. That comic was released in 2015. That whole movie is a bunch of references to comic junk. Cap fighting himself, Cap saying "Hail Hydra" in the elevator, Cap wielding Mjolnir, Tony Stark dying, Cap being old, Sam becoming Captain America, Professor Hulk, time travel, and a shit-ton of other junk. All of this stuff came directly from the comics.

It was only a few seconds so it's not like the "pandering" dominated the film. I still say Cap wielding Mjolnir made the whole battle sequence. But hey that's just my opinion.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Believe it or not, Captain Marvel supposedly had a much larger role in the movie, but because of all the backlash against her during Capt Marvel, they cut her parts out early on. They also cut about 30 minutes of footage from the release, so technically, if they didn't throw the cuts away, there could conceivably be several versions of Endgame floating around.

In actuality, they weren't really pandering. It was a call back to Infinity War when Black Widow, Okoye, and Scarlet Witch were fighting Proxima Midnight in Wakanda. Also, it's a reference to a specific comic book, the full female-only Avengers team called A-Force. That comic was released in 2015. That whole movie is a bunch of references to comic junk. Cap fighting himself, Cap saying "Hail Hydra" in the elevator, Cap wielding Mjolnir, Tony Stark dying, Cap being old, Sam becoming Captain America, Professor Hulk, time travel, and a shit-ton of other junk. All of this stuff came directly from the comics.

It was only a few seconds so it's not like the "pandering" dominated the film. I still say Cap wielding Mjolnir made the whole battle sequence. But hey that's just my opinion.
    Fair, still I thought it was lame. I also didnt think this was the best out of all of them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fair, still I thought it was lame. I also didnt think this was the best out of all of them.
    Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards it not being the best too. It was a fun ride, but I still think the Winter Soldier is the best Marvel film to date.

I don't think they're gonna recover from not having the big two guys in the MCU any more.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-09-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I hate when hot topic current events are interjected into fantasy world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-09-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    THE WANDERING EARTH
    Its on Netflix, highest grossing movie ever out of China. I enjoyed it, wild concept

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I hate when hot topic current events are interjected into fantasy world.
    Should of seen the mini dust up I had with a chick about Game of Thrones. She brought up racism in a scene that was clearly misogynistic

How do you argue with someone like that after they insult you..

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My wife says Im the bald guy..

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Pandering

I just found it really annoying and pandering when Cpt Marvel was taking the Infinity Gantlet and all the female cast "had her back"
    Plus I already have a bad taste for Brie Larson after her BS anti white male rhetoric when Cpt Marvel was being released

I saw Captain Marvell Saturday and Endgame last night. I found Captain Marvel to be totally unnecessary in both and Larson's delivery was stale at best. I also agree with Porky in that the little girl power segment was totally gratuitous and also unnecessary and was just there to appease all the SJWs. However my 11yo daughter turning to my wife and saying "girl power" kinda made it worth it. DG is right though the way they plugged into all the comics was pretty damn cool. Beer belly Thor was AWESOME and him wielding both Mjolnir and Storm Breaker then Cap nabbing Mjolnir was so cool I about lost my shit. I honestly liked how they killed off Stark too, it started and ended with him and in a great way. End Game was really Amazing but Captain Marvell sucked and there is no way it made as much money as they said. Movie was truly the first bomb Marvell has made. Its like they spent 300 million for permission to make end game or something.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Captain Marvel is supposedly going to be the leader of the Avengers going forward. I'm saying it's going to break Marvel. It's a huge mistake.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

Captain Marvel is supposedly going to be the leader of the Avengers going forward. I'm saying it's going to break Marvel. It's a huge mistake.
    Bad move

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks

Bad move

I totally agree, she does not have the mojo to carry a franchise. She has no gravitas or serious credibility to pull it off. I found the movie splintered and disjointed. Compared to all the other films it seemed rushed with nothing near the attention to detail the other films have. On top of that her acting was all over the place and totally unbelievable. She really does remind me of Kristen Stewart as far as her delivery goes. Blah all around. In the Original Avengers comics it was Ant mans idea and he was for the most part the leader. I think Paul Rudd has the juice to pull it off personally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post

I totally agree, she does not have the mojo to carry a franchise. She has no gravitas or serious credibility to pull it off. I found the movie splintered and disjointed. Compared to all the other films it seemed rushed with nothing near the attention to detail the other films have. On top of that her acting was all over the place and totally unbelievable. She really does remind me of Kristen Stewart as far as her delivery goes. Blah all around. In the Original Avengers comics it was Ant mans idea and he was for the most part the leader. I think Paul Rudd has the juice to pull it off personally.

In the original Avengers comic, Ant-man was Hank Pym, not Scott Lang.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks

In the original Avengers comic, Ant-man was Hank Pym, not Scott Lang.
    This is true.