Page 348 of 495 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 398 448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 7415

Thread: What's the last movie you've seen?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post

Thought it was pretty entertaining.
    I watched it at the weekend, the church scene was awesome

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I watched it at the weekend, the church scene was awesome
    Yes it was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Jurassic Park was unbelievable, but it was a good, entertaining flick. The trick with these movies is to distract you enough from the believability aspect just enough for you to get sufficiently entertained so that when all is said and done, you find yourself looking past the believability aspect in spite of the utter walking all over reality. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull failed horribly at this. Jurassic Park was fantastic at it. It brought you back to your childhood love of dinosaurs, and you were in awe when you first saw them on the screen. You forgot that it was all cgi and animatronics. This one almost made it. Almost.

Chris Pratt is a very likable guy. He's an everyman's guy. A guy's guy. I get what you mean when you say you can't see him as a leading man, but he's done it twice and I'm telling you, I believe that in Guardians, he held his own quite well. But that's how the StarLord/Peter Quill character was written. Another issue I had with Jurassic World's writing: Pratt's part was completely serious. It's like he was completely tense all the time. There was no break in his serious demeanor. Pratt has got comedic chops. He's good at being goofy. Not Carrey goofy, but you know, one of those guys that makes you smile and they don't overdo it. It goes to his likability. He's got great timing in that respect. He should be in parts that play up to that aspect of his acting ability. Or they should rewrite the parts slightly to play up to that aspect. The writers dropped the ball in that respect here. Even Sam Neill had some zingers here and there in the first one to break up the seriousness every once in a while. And that's what this movie needed, a little break in the tension here and there. A leading man who was written a little more human and showed a tad bit of humor here and there when appropriate.
    My comment was a little tongue in cheek. I've heard that unbelievable description a few times now and it's a movie about what? Oh yes recreating dinosaurs and opening theme parks

I understand and agree with your thoughts on Pratt....he read a pretty brutal mean Tweet about himself, paused and then did the - awwwww I've loved him ever since

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I apologize. I haven't really talked about very many movies in a while and I guess I just really wanted to riff on this one.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Never a worry.....verbose equals a thought process equals an extra 60 seconds to read, oh no

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't like the reviews that have a picture, then " It was ok I guess "

The Prolapse Champion
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

I enjoyed it.

Second film in a trilogy (technically they're making 4 films). Teen dystopian film series where civilisation is enclosed within walls and divided into factions. Each faction has different traits and responsibilities. Some people are factionless (outcast) and some are divergent (can't be categorised into just 1 faction). The divergent people are considered a threat to the faction system. Main character is divergent and she must fight/flee to survive.
    Last edited by Lambchop; 07-08-2015 at 11:08 PM.

The Prolapse Champion
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

W.T.F

Reminded me of one of those cheesy 'Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus' type films. Except, in this case, it's genetically modified T. Rex vs T rex vs Raptors who are led on a hunt by their alpha male human on a motorcycle vs Shamu the Sea World dinosaur.

Then as soon as genetically modified T.rex is killed, the main character gives the Raptor a look and that stops it from attacking the humans. Then they cue the ''we're safe'' music while normal T. Rex and Raptor are still on the loose. LOL

C.G.I was impressive. Story heavily lacking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Strangers on a Train (1951)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044079/

Very Good Movie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Good Kill

Ethan plays a drone pilot and questions some of the kills. Good time waster and the movie wasn't afraid to support both sides of the collateral damage issue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Signal

Interesting sci-fi movie that went in a totally different direction than anticipated.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post

I enjoyed it.

Second film in a trilogy (technically they're making 4 films). Teen dystopian film series where civilisation is enclosed within walls and divided into factions. Each faction has different traits and responsibilities. Some people are factionless (outcast) and some are divergent (can't be categorised into just 1 faction). The divergent people are considered a threat to the faction system. Main character is divergent and she must fight/flee to survive.
    Watched this last night. I've read the three books. I think the person playing the lead was a poor choice...bad actress and she is not the short, lethal little package described in the books. And as usual they changed some significant plot points that made no sense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

took my kids to it tonight, they both loved it. it was funny at a number of parts and a great popcorn movie

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Did you hang around for the mid- and after-credits scenes?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Mad Max Fury Road

I liked it. Not a remake of the first yet it somehow contained the mood of the original. It's one long road trip of modded vehicles and violence

The only strange thing is Tom Hardy is a pretty good actor, not sure what he's doing in this limited role