Page 411 of 495 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 7415

Thread: What's the last movie you've seen?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    my kids thought it was a pretty decent movie, they put it somewhere in the middle of all of the star wars movies, so much better than the dog shit last jedi in their opinion

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    The Lazarus Effect

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    the rachel divide on netflix about rachel dolezal (the white lady who said she was black)

this chick is so screwed up. her sons are just asking her to tell the truth, these poor kids must have it so tough

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Deadpool. The first one

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

And

Trying to get caught up on all the Marvel films we haven't seen before seeing Infinity War. Really liked these, for some reason thought they looked kinda dumb when they first came out, but they were really good. Wife and kid both liked them as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-29-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I still need to see the first one.. ^^

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Solo: A Star Wars Story

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I still need to see the first one.. ^^
    You saw the sequel before watching the first one?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I need to see the first one so I can see the second one..

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Solo: A Star Wars Story

i assume L3 was your highlight?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post

i assume L3 was your highlight?

No, not really. I'm not really sure what my highlight was to be honest.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

by no means was it a stellar movie, i thought it really dragged getting going for the first 1/3 at least. i think it was okay (better than last jedi), but there were a lot of problems that i had. i also couldn't help but always think khaleesi every time she was on screen, which ended up being a lot. my kids put it behind rouge one and the originals but ahead of last jedi, attack of the clones, revenge of the sith and phantom menace, which i guess is fair. i think this is majorly going to hamper the 'spin-off' star wars movies, as it really didn't tell that much of a story arc of han

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

by no means was it a stellar movie, i thought it really dragged getting going for the first 1/3 at least. i think it was okay (better than last jedi), but there were a lot of problems that i had. i also couldn't help but always think khaleesi every time she was on screen, which ended up being a lot. my kids put it behind rouge one and the originals but ahead of last jedi, attack of the clones, revenge of the sith and phantom menace, which i guess is fair. i think this is majorly going to hamper the 'spin-off' star wars movies, as it really didn't tell that much of a story arc of han

No, it wasn't stellar. I always have problems with movies that tell a preexisting backstory. Think of the 'the Thing' prequel that came out a while back. It was all storytelling by the numbers, and some of it was really forced. You're always going to know how it ultimately ends, so there's no real suspense in the dangers they try to come up with to fill in the general outline. Same thing here. We all know that Han, Chewie, and Lando make it out alive to at least episode 6, so really, what's the point? Whoop-dee-doo, big-ass gravity well with a huge ass space octopus that the Falcon has to outrun. I guess there's no real danger to anybody here since we're not in an alternate timeline and we already know where, when, and how Han Solo eventually dies. Introducing the other characters and making them the real story might have made it better, but they didn't do that. But they did that in Rogue One, and that's why it was such a stellar movie. We knew ultimately what was going to happen, the Death Star plans get to the Rebels, but what happened to the players responsible? We had no idea who was involved and how they did it, and that's what made Rogue One so much fun.

The Game of Thrones people are going to be haunted by the fact that they were on that show for the rest of their careers, kind of like how the original Star Wars cast is haunted by the fact that they were a part of Star Wars. So yeah, whenever we see Emilia Clarke, all we're gonna think is Khaleesi. Whenever we see Peter Dinklage, all we're gonna think is Tyrion Lannister. That's what happens when you're a part of something iconic. You can't escape it. From now on, Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. And he always will be. Period, end of. But I guess he's at a stage in his life where that's ok. He did it right. He had a career, a decline, then a resurgence into an iconic role. And he made a gazillion dollars off of it. Seriously, he's set for life now. You could say the same thing about Alec Guinness.

The film was ok. I kept thinking that these anthology filmmakers really like smartass droids. They must have stolen the idea from Interstellar. Anyway, you're not gonna beat Empire. A New Hope. Rogue One is up there with the first 2. Then comes ROTJ. I'll put Solo in the middle and I'm currently putting the prequel trilogy ahead of the sequels. You can pick and choose the order, but really, what it boils down to is that all 5 of them are inferior films compared to my top 4. The prequels could have been a lot better, but whatever. Scrap the sequels, rewrite new sequels and make them vastly different.

There's rumors that there could be a sequel to this one. I say if they make Han and Chewie part of a larger crew full of characters that we don't know, but end up giving a crap about and find out what happens to them instead of trying to make us worry about Han and Chewie, then maybe it could work. But I doubt it. Han and Chewie are the bankable characters, and that's what the filmmakers are going to focus on.

There's a backlash among fans because of the sequel series with Rey and all of the other new ones. It's because of the Last Jedi, really. That's why the Solo film came in second behind Deadpool 2. The fans are boycotting this film. All told, they're probably gonna boycott future films as well. People are calling for the immediate removal of Kathleen Kennedy. If the Lucasfilms organization doesn't turn this ship around, then I don't see new Star Wars films remaining a bankable commodity for much longer.

Personally, I think they should get away from the main story and the main characters and reinstate the expanded universe and make some movies about shit other than Han and the Skywalker line. There's an entire galaxy with a rich history to explore. Make some films using that stuff as inspiration. That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 05-30-2018 at 05:31 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

Is it suitable to take a 30 year old and 16 year old to??

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's Star Wars. What would be unsuitable about it?