Page 412 of 495 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 7415

Thread: What's the last movie you've seen?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    It's Star Wars. What would be unsuitable about it?
    All the hardcore fucking?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-30-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I must have missed that installment.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Is it suitable to take a 30 year old and 16 year old to??
    of course

not sure if that was a serious question or not though

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

No, it wasn't stellar. I always have problems with movies that tell a preexisting backstory. Think of the 'the Thing' prequel that came out a while back. It was all storytelling by the numbers, and some of it was really forced. You're always going to know how it ultimately ends, so there's no real suspense in the dangers they try to come up with to fill in the general outline. Same thing here. We all know that Han, Chewie, and Lando make it out alive to at least episode 6, so really, what's the point? Whoop-dee-doo, big-ass gravity well with a huge ass space octopus that the Falcon has to outrun. I guess there's no real danger to anybody here since we're not in an alternate timeline and we already know where, when, and how Han Solo eventually dies. Introducing the other characters and making them the real story might have made it better, but they didn't do that. But they did that in Rogue One, and that's why it was such a stellar movie. We knew ultimately what was going to happen, the Death Star plans get to the Rebels, but what happened to the players responsible? We had no idea who was involved and how they did it, and that's what made Rogue One so much fun.

The Game of Thrones people are going to be haunted by the fact that they were on that show for the rest of their careers, kind of like how the original Star Wars cast is haunted by the fact that they were a part of Star Wars. So yeah, whenever we see Emilia Clarke, all we're gonna think is Khaleesi. Whenever we see Peter Dinklage, all we're gonna think is Tyrion Lannister. That's what happens when you're a part of something iconic. You can't escape it. From now on, Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. And he always will be. Period, end of. But I guess he's at a stage in his life where that's ok. He did it right. He had a career, a decline, then a resurgence into an iconic role. And he made a gazillion dollars off of it. Seriously, he's set for life now. You could say the same thing about Alec Guinness.

The film was ok. I kept thinking that these anthology filmmakers really like smartass droids. They must have stolen the idea from Interstellar. Anyway, you're not gonna beat Empire. A New Hope. Rogue One is up there with the first 2. Then comes ROTJ. I'll put Solo in the middle and I'm currently putting the prequel trilogy ahead of the sequels. You can pick and choose the order, but really, what it boils down to is that all 5 of them are inferior films compared to my top 4. The prequels could have been a lot better, but whatever. Scrap the sequels, rewrite new sequels and make them vastly different.

There's rumors that there could be a sequel to this one. I say if they make Han and Chewie part of a larger crew full of characters that we don't know, but end up giving a crap about and find out what happens to them instead of trying to make us worry about Han and Chewie, then maybe it could work. But I doubt it. Han and Chewie are the bankable characters, and that's what the filmmakers are going to focus on.

There's a backlash among fans because of the sequel series with Rey and all of the other new ones. It's because of the Last Jedi, really. That's why the Solo film came in second behind Deadpool 2. The fans are boycotting this film. All told, they're probably gonna boycott future films as well. People are calling for the immediate removal of Kathleen Kennedy. If the Lucasfilms organization doesn't turn this ship around, then I don't see new Star Wars films remaining a bankable commodity for much longer.

Personally, I think they should get away from the main story and the main characters and reinstate the expanded universe and make some movies about shit other than Han and the Skywalker line. There's an entire galaxy with a rich history to explore. Make some films using that stuff as inspiration. That's my 2 cents.

good points dgx. my kids and i were talking about it this morning a bunch and we decided that knowing that han/chewie/lando are all okay left this film as kind of a get to know a little back story on han, but not all the way to the beginning of new hope, so there is still a lot of story left to tell from our thinking. i left being more interested almost in qi'ra's story and would have liked to see the whole arc there instead of focusing on a main character and not completing his story.

rogue one was a great movie, it told an entire story, there wasn't a feeling of 'just the tip' like there was when i left from solo

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    It's Star Wars. What would be unsuitable about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    of course

not sure if that was a serious question or not though
    Rephrase: would the 16 to 30 demographic be suitably entertained? Or is it for 10 year olds

think I have my answer

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i think they would be suitably entertained

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Rephrase: would the 16 to 30 demographic be suitably entertained? Or is it for 10 year olds

think I have my answer
    Do they like Star Wars? If so, they might be.

If they've never seen a Star Wars movie ever in their lives, then what rock did you find them under?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ex Machina

Caleb's a fuckin' idiot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Morgan

Meh. It was ok.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

Pretty good glimpse of our future

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I thought it was better than the first Jurassic World that came out a couple of years back. More suspense, in my opinion. Still not better than the the first Jurassic Park though.

A few of the characters in it were complete idiots, but whatever. I'm still not buying Chris Pratt as the Velociraptor whisperer.

There's one scene that, if you're really paying attention, will make you a little sad. Reviewers are talking about it online. Some people had some strong reactions to it.

It was a fun movie, overall.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 06-26-2018 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    incredibles 2

entertaining enough movie, my kids liked it

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

Got pretty stoned and watched this, its a weird one.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Knocked two more Marvel movies out before watching the latest Avengers movie. Both were pretty good