#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts

Kelly Preston: Scientology Helped Me Overcome Son Jett's Death

Us Weekly

Two years ago, Kelly Preston was struggling to make sense of the sudden death of her 16-year-old son Jett, who lost his life due to a seizure in January 2009.

The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."

(Preston and her husband, John Travolta, have been Scientologists for more than two decades.)

The experience taught Preston a valuable lesson. "Don't sweat the small things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."

After a painful two years, the family (including daughter Ella Bleu, 11) finally received some happy news when baby Benjamin Hunter Kaleo was born in November 2010.

"We [had been trying] for quite a few years," Preston tells Health. "When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I'd snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful."

Motherhood, Preston says, is the single most important role she's ever tackled. "I've always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was 11. I was doing commercials for thousands of dollars, but I'd still babysit for $3 an hour just because I loved it."

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How about that!

It was the demented fantasy teachings of the corrupt Scientology that caused the kids death!!! At least those brain washing fuckheads can help her get over it, her and John pay them enough!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AntZ View Post
    How about that!

It was the demented fantasy teachings of the corrupt Scientology that caused the kids death!!! At least those brain washing fuckheads can help her get over it, her and John pay them enough!
    Is that true? Their belief in Scientology caused the child's death?

whoa

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Is that true? Their belief in Scientology caused the child's death?

whoa
    They ignored medical attention for his seizures and autism because of their beliefs in scientology, from what I've read anyways.

I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AntZ View Post
    How about that!

Same thing I was thinking, what tools

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    They ignored medical attention for his seizures and autism because of their beliefs in scientology, from what I've read anyways.
    Holy Jehovah's witness!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I heard this also.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Critics of Scientology suggested yesterday that Jett may have been suffering from autism, a condition that the church does not recognise because it considers mental illness to be psychosomatic and argues that it should be treated through spiritual healing.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5454720.ece

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Kluato approves.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    Kluato approves.
    Whats that mean?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sorry Klaatu..

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They painted themselves into a corner when the kid died! It was widely reported for years that his condition was being treated through the teachings of the cult. The cult dictates NO DRUGS for anything related to mental conditions of any type. After Jett's death, watchdogs that follow the cult closely quickly brought all their interviews and previous statements forward and then accused the Travolta's of child abuse and gross negligence! The shit hit the fan! They went crazy and accused the critics of fabricating facts and exploiting the kids death in order to attack the wonderful "church". The Hollywood and Scientology spin machines went into the defense and sympathy mode. But then the media didn't buy it, because based on their words, they had neglected treatment for the kid! When the media started asking questions, they did an about face and said OF COURSE they had Jett on drugs! But that just proves Scientology is a fraud because it's all based on the destruction of the whole mental health medical field and replacement with L.Ron Hubbard's teachings. Their admissions were just enough to quite the media and social workers, but many people believe it was a lie! But then the subject was quickly closed to any further questions, and the story died like ALL other stories related to the cult.

The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."

Now, fast forward a couple years, they start a new PR campaign of fluff and bullshit in a woman's rag. No one will recall that it was their bullshit that caused the kids death. Now it's the healing and courage of grieving parents from the powerful message of Scientology!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Everyone is entitled to believe as they wish, here in America anyway. It's one of the fundamental principles of our society and we should respect that.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 869 Posts
    I'm starting a religion where I believe that the font color on the internet should ONLY be black.

I already have your name on my butthole...too bad the tattoo artist couldn't spell
    Looser
    murder my ass..shove it up my ass....both are beautiful terms of endearment

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    Everyone is entitled to believe as they wish, here in America anyway. It's one of the fundamental principles of our society and we should respect that.
    So it should be okay to believe in something that contributes to the death of a minor child, when that death didn't need to occur? And then publicly act all distraught over it when it all could have been prevented?