Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Current Phone? Pros and Cons?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts

Your Current Phone? Pros and Cons?

I just thought to ask around what kind of phones people are using these days. What do you like about your phone and what you don't? What do you look for in your future phone?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have an LG Viewty that I've had for two+ years, The touch screen was the main problem , it couldn't keep up with my texting. I'm now getting a HTC Legend. My son knows so much more about these things and told me this is a really good phone with a good touch screen.
    Thanks Jezter!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    So you are no interested in what kind of operating system it runs and what specs it has? You look for a phone that is good for texting and not so keen on gaming/net browsing with it? Wouldn't a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard then come in handy if texting is what you like to do?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I am so used to texting by numbers now that it doesn't really matter, I was looking for something that has a decent touch screen and could access facebook, I'm easy otherwise! I am only just getting the idea that there are different OS for phones, my son says Android is the best, and this was the best for the phone cap I wanted!! I guess I'll find out when I get it!
    Thanks Jezter!

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    mine is the HTC wildfire http://www.htc.com/uk/product/wildfi...ification.html

its an entry level Android phone now running the 2.2 operating system which (sorry jez) after coming from the nokia os is a dream ,i didn't want an iphone as everyone has them and was looking for something different and within my price range, i'm finding lots of free apps for everything i need and can custom the phone to my needs , cons i would say would be battery life like any other smartphone , the camera is ok for fun shots but for 5mp i expected a little better and because of the CPU Processing Speed of 528 MHz rather than the 1gig ones of the top of the range android phones i do see some apps that aren't
    available or don't run as smooth as they should

the next phone..... tbh i'll stick to the same os now and may even stick with the HTC brand so who knows

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    mine's a Nokia 3600 nowt overly fancy but then I don't waste money using it to access the net....I have my laptop for that, I only use my phone for texting and calling the camera's ok....I like my phone's to have a good battery life so it's usually Nokia's I go for, I also like them to be compact so I can easily fit them in a small bag/pocket.....not looking for a new one yet but it will probs end up being another Nokia simfree so I can keep my number and I only ever use Pay as you Go because I only top up every 3mths and then only about £25-£30

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    I've had an Iphone since their inception. I like them. I like the ease of use. I know there are Iphone haters out there and in this forum, but so what. It works for me. So what that it don't play flash movies. It hasn't bothered me enough to stay away from them. There are more apps available for them that anyone can think of. They are simple to use and functional to what I need. I always have a camera and video camera on hand.

BTW, I'm not one of those Iphone users that upgrades every time a new one comes out, I've owned the original, had it for a year and a half, sunk it in a canoe incident thanks to my wife. Got a 3g had it up until the 4 came out last year. It was a big leap going from the 3g to the 4, and since I'm an original Iphone user, I'm grandfathered into their unlimited data plan. Now you pay for 2gig of info and so on with the new plans and phones.

I had my 3g jailbroken with Cidia and used it as a modem for my laptop. Haven't done it with the 4 yet, haven't had the need to.

Not scared of dead people Starchild's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Samsung tocco. Pro's - big screen, con's - I still don't understand how it works after owning it for 3 years!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm using my old MOTO vu204. Had a bb that I loved but doesn't work well in rural areas. I haven't decided what to get next but it will likely be something from Motorola.
    I'd love a smartphone with android OS, but not if I have to sacrifice call quality.
    Last edited by Southern Belle; 02-20-2011 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Blackberry Curve 8900

Solid phone, I've had it for a year and a half. With a software update to OS 5 it's really great to use. Awesome for organization, email and SMS, fast, I love the look and feel of it. I also like that RIM is a Canadian company, and their phones are highly professional and respectable.

Pros
    Blackberry Messenger (huge pro for myself)
    Strong software and layout
    Slim, still the thinnest RIM phone
    Wi-fi and GPS
    3.2mp camera w/ flash
    Full QWERTY keyboard (I don't like touch for typing still)

Cons
    Blackberry lacks the recreational apps Apple and Droid carry
    The track-ball is dated and newer Blackberry's have the nice optical track pad
    No 3G

I've sadly got a three year contract and can't see keeping this phone for another 18 months. So I will have to decide whether I go Droid or Blackberry in the next year or so. Hard choice. I can't explain how much fun I've had with BBM and how awesome that is. But the lack of apps make it a boring phone sometimes.
    Last edited by Godfather; 02-20-2011 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Blackberry Curve 8900

Solid phone, I've had it for a year and a half. With a software update to OS 5 it's really great to use. Awesome for organization, email and SMS, fast, I love the look and feel of it. I also like that RIM is a Canadian company, and their phones are highly professional and respectable.

Pros
    Blackberry Messenger (huge pro for myself)
    Slim, still the thinnest RIM phone
    Wi-fi and GPS
    3.2mp camera w/ flash
    Full QWERTY keyboard (I don't like touch for typing still)

Cons
    Blackberry lacks the recreational apps Apple and Droid carry
    The track-ball is dated and newer Blackberry's have the nice optical track pad
    No 3G

I've sadly got a three year contract and can't see keeping this phone for another 18 months. So I will have to decide whether I go Droid or Blackberry in the next year or so. Hard choice. I can't explain how much fun I've had with BBM and how awesome that is. But the lack of apps make it a boring phone sometimes.
    It's designed for business use.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Nokia C3

I bought this phone for a reason, no smartphone capabilities
    It has wifi, email etc...but I've had all of that disconnected.

PROS

- price, it's 50-80 dollars.
    - solid, heavy metallic construction
    - NO onscreen touch
    - large qwerty keys
    - loud, clear voice both ways
    - 6 main keys can be programmed with shortcuts, as well as 3 onscreen shortcuts
    - looks like a fancy phone
    - simple, works well, no BS

CONS

- numberpad on qwerty keypad can be hard to see
    - lame camera and video
    - not a smartphone, so less that great for data plans
    - made by people like Jezter

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    It's designed for business use.
    Well yeah All blackberry's are fairly business oriented.

But their popularity at least amongst my friends who range from students to bankers is huge.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Well yeah All blackberry's are fairly business oriented.

But their popularity at least amongst my friends who range from students to bankers is huge.
    They should come up with a phone for the "younger" market.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    im on a blackberry bold these days 24 month contract not sure i should have signed up that long good phone internet can be slow sometimes though.