Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amy Winehouse's Parents Discuss Her Death: "She Hadn't Taken Drugs in Three Years"

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt View Post
    I was going to say something along the same lines. You have an addictive personality, whether its drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or even fame and it'll take its toll.

Chlordiazepoxide is highly addictive in and of itself and if you add alcohol, this intensifies the effect...read the Mayo clinic if you want the wordy facts.

I bet she died of liver failure after 3 years of this cocktail of alcohol and this drug.

Case closed.
    And to add...what I was really driving at was that people are trying to pigeon-hole the cause of her death onto street drugs.Inside, deep down my gut tells me that yes...all of the meth, coke, whatever she ingested, smoked or shot... broke her system down and she was already the walking dead, just needing a small catalyst to end her life.

Since none of us were coroners present at the autopsy, we don't know if she had a pre-existing medical condition that was weakened by her lifestyle.We also don't know what kind of prescription drugs she took, other than the one present in her body at the time of death.She could have been taking painkillers for years before taking prescription drugs that weened you off heroin..

And perhaps the biggest what if, is that drinking high volumes of alcohol kills people too.Was that the major factor in her death? A lot of young music stars have died due to alcohol abuse.Yet the public seems to want to cite the cause of Amy's death as a street drug overdose.She's done nothing unusual in that regard, she was just another performer who partied hard, rolled the dice and came up short.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    *nervous laughter and backs out of thread*

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I have grossed out deebakes? Who'da thunk it....Mayo Clinic is Dee's Kryptonite!

Right on all counts, Hal.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt View Post
    I have grossed out deebakes? Who'da thunk it....Mayo Clinic is Dee's Kryptonite!
    Wigga please

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Fitting..

Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    there was a bit of irony here....Lance recently posted some pics of her and RBP commented to the effect that she was looking better than years previous...
    I believe she was on the dry out trail at that time.Astute observation by RBP