Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AMD Breaks Overclocking Record, Leaves the Competition in the Dust

I might be losing it... Softdreamer's Avatar
    behind the 2 way mirror in your bathroom.
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I got a 2.2ghz up to 3ghz
    Its still going at that speed now 4 years later.

with certain chips the only difference between the mid range and the top range is the stock cooler and the voltage and multiplier settings.
    Shop around, and see what people are getting result wise and its safer than you would think

#edit#
    Forgot to say that its dual core.. so thats double the increase
    AMD 4200+
    Last edited by Softdreamer; 09-14-2011 at 06:42 PM.

come back to my place, I'll show you how to drink tequila.

fricnjay
    I run an Intel i7 950 on an ASUS Sabertooth motherboard with 24GB of Kingston HyperX memory. The I7 950 runs at 3.06GHZ but I have a huge heat sink with dual 4" fans on it and have it clocked to 3.4GHZ and my memory is slightly over clocked also. I run all this with Window 7 64bit OS and my system FLIES!!! No crashes, no lockups, totally stable! I typically will have Photoshop, Firefox, and Outlook open while watching HD video or listening to music and downloading something with no lag in any program. I was running an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 before and my new system MURDERS it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    I run an Intel i7 950 on an ASUS Sabertooth motherboard with 24GB of Kingston HyperX memory. The I7 950 runs at 3.06GHZ but I have a huge heat sink with dual 4" fans on it and have it clocked to 3.4GHZ and my memory is slightly over clocked also. I run all this with Window 7 64bit OS and my system FLIES!!! No crashes, no lockups, totally stable! I typically will have Photoshop, Firefox, and Outlook open while watching HD video or listening to music and downloading something with no lag in any program. I was running an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 before and my new system MURDERS it.
    I came a little in the back of my mouth, reading that...

My i5 runs at 3.3 and has some built in natural turbo boost that will fluctuate with the load.I clocked it at 3.7 on a handful of processor tests, which made me happy.