Thread: My ISP is screwing me without flowers...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts

My ISP is screwing me without flowers...

I am enraged.I pay for one or four tiers of possible internet service.

Up until this year my 'high speed' package gave me the following:

7.5 Mbps download speed
    .5 Mbps upload speed
    75 gigs per month bandwidth

Now I see my bandwidth has been reduced to 60 gigs per month and I have to pay 2 dollars for every additional gig I go over.

My Dad and I bundle our TV and internet through the same company to save some money.... we have the most basic digital cable package bundled with the 'high speed' internet package.
    Bundled the price on their website right now is :

basic digital cable - 29 dollars
    high speed internet - 37 dollars
    = around 68 dollars per month with tax and b.s.

So I notice on the past two invoices we've been getting charged 78 dollars.I call up their customer service and end up getting enraged.....

she - Well sir that was the price at the time you bundled the services, so sorry.
    me - Yes but you've reduced the bandwidth and I'm looking at your site right now and it says I should be only paying 68/month.
    she - Well sir you're not on a contract so we can change things daily if we want...
    me - *furious* So let me understand this....you can reduce my service AND make me pay more than advertised for services????
    she - Yes that's correct.
    me - Maybe I should just change my provider if this is the way you handle customers?
    she - Yes sir we've been hearing a lot of that, please feel free to discontinue services.
    me - *mumbles comment about her lineage referring to her Mom being a dog*
    she - Have a good day sir...click.

So I finally have a bandwidth meter on my site and it's way out to lunch.Much like Lance's, it displays a big blue graph for each month.
    It also displays that I've uploaded an average of 1.5 gigs - 2 gigs per month.I do not upload anything because of my lame upload speed.

I guess I'll have to get my bill every month and see how many additional gigs they're going to charge me for, based on their shitty, inaccurate graph

What a load of doody, I am not happy.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 02-21-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: anger