Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor South Pacific

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts

TV Survivor South Pacific

I've watched every Survivor since the first season and it is the ONLY reality show that I will tune in for.

For 39 days you have to build your own shelter, find food daily and build a fire from scratch to survive.The physical portion is beyond difficult.Average weight loss is from 14 pounds to 22 pounds in just over a month.The best shelter features palm fronds for a roof and bamboo poles to sleep on.

The physiological/social game is where the game really shines.If you're lazy or difficult to get along with, or inept in challenges...you get sent home.

This time around, the returning players are Coach and Ozzy, two of my favorites

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Coach is awesome...the dragon slayer is one of the few people who plays with integrity.

Russell, the opposite of Coach, also was really interesting. A lovable rogue, a love to hate him type, whatever you saw in him he was entertaining. That said, his nephew seems to possess something of Russell's dark side but perhaps not the cleverness that made his uncle such a force to be reckoned with. Also, instead of cozying up to the prime ass, he seems determined to get rid of it. Hint: sending temptation home will not prove your fidelity...it just means you can't face temptation.

'Woody Allen' is suddenly looking like he may have a dark side too...

I feel for Papa Bear. Mostly because I always get along with actual bears (SAN FRAN sort, such as he).

Ozzie(y?) annoys me, I can't quantify why yet...
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hanz's nephew is a mess.He's pretty much saying that Mikaela is a temptation of the flesh and hates her for no reason other than he has self control issues.She was strong and confident building the shelter as well as being a physical player in the challenges.His perception of things is completely skewed, like when he said - She came at me like a bulldog, accusing me of blah blah blah.She did not I don't like that he uses religion as a false moral compass and that he calls creepy team meetings every other hour.That past episode was hilarious, him creepin peeks at her every chance he gets while his voiceover says - She's bad news, she has to leave, I don't like her......while he fondles his crotch hiding in the foilage.

Coach is impressing me this season.That Christine person has done nothing but insult and put him down since they arrived.And he just laughs it off.I would have said something to her before this point if I was him.

In past Survivors, Ozzy was one of those few players who actually started looking better after a few weeks and seemed to really adapt to the physicality of the challenges as well as living in the jungle.Only a handful of players have done that.It's hard to explain other than they look healthy, happy and physically better after 21 days or so and are usually in for the long haul.Amanda Kimmel would be in that category, one of my favorite Survivor players and future wife.IMO she's hot beyond belief.

Ozzy reminds me of a vacant supermodel He seems to have no linguistic skills other than - Ungowa Cheetah?. I like him as a player but laugh at his lack of simple conversational skills.When Dawn (?), the older woman was crying, his 'therapeutic pep talk' was making me laugh my ass off...

I think Cochrane will bear down and become quite serious in the coming days..
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 10-01-2011 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    I went to School with Christine (Opulu) who's currently in Redemption Island. I graduated with her Brother and my wife actually Graduated with Her. I know her personally and she's playing true to character. That's how she is in real life. Real Bitch and calls people out. Girl was so clueless in High School, had a real Identity Crisis. She caught quite a bit of flack from her close friends for going on the show.

I've caught the show in the past here and there, but we're watching it this season because of Christine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yt Trash View Post
    I went to School with Christine (Opulu) who's currently in Redemption Island. I graduated with her Brother and my wife actually Graduated with Her. I know her personally and she's playing true to character. That's how she is in real life. Real Bitch and calls people out. Girl was so clueless in High School, had a real Identity Crisis. She caught quite a bit of flack from her close friends for going on the show.

I've caught the show in the past here and there, but we're watching it this season because of Christine.
    That's great

I've never understood the thought processes of some people.She's done nothing but insult a returning veteran of the show, each time she opens her mouth.And then wonders why no one likes her
    It's like they're oblivious to their own venom and think it's A-OK to put down everyone around them.

Coach gets a check mark from me, just for the way he's not being baited by her ignorant (and untrue) comments.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Coach is the awesome. If I ever did Survivor, I would only do it as part of his tribe.

And the luxury item I would bring would be a massive box of Baking Soda. Shit can do anything.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Do they still get to bring luxury items? We don't hear much about it anymore.

Last I remember was Colby Donaldson bringing a Texas flag that they used for a roof on their shelter...bright boy

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I assume they get one...I mean, I've only been watching since "fans vs favorites"...so if I know about it, it had to still be used fairly recently.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I recall one of the contestants put out a book...could have been that cutie Colleen Haskell from the very first Survivor.Burnett the producer was all over that and stopped any Survivors from talking about the mechanics of the show.
    That's what I want to read....what is allowed, what isn't, how are bathroom issues handled etc.

I have read snippets from other cast members telling how they never got to talk with fellow contestants until they arrived at the location, how hard it actually is trying to sleep out there, how boring it gets off camera and how the challenges are handled.Both tribes are situated miles apart, if not on separate islands and they don't ever see Jeff until the challenges or Tribal Council.Apparently the producers take a real hands off approach with the cast, no talking to cameramen, too bad if you haven't eaten in 3 days, that sort of thing.

I find it fascinating how they keep them segregated and in the dark about all aspects of the upcoming game.They never tell them last names or what the person does back in the States for a job, school or homemaker.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    What I find fascinating is that the few times I've seen it, never once do you see any crew or camera or sound/boom guy at all. Who ever edits it does a fantastic job of keeping the behind the scenes unseen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I predict that Hanz's nephew will have a meltdown and embarrass himself even more than Russell did

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Survivor hottie...

Each season features one or two babes, who retain the babe status even after 5 weeks of not showering, brushing their teeth etc.
    Any candidates for this one?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    The Survivor hottie...

Each season features one or two babes, who retain the babe status even after 5 weeks of not showering, brushing their teeth etc.
    Any candidates for this one?
    Mikayla, obviously, she's insanely fit and anyone who can make a Hantz guy lose his shit has something going for her.

Edna? (The Asian lady, I think that is her name). She looks good...

And, I can't explain why exactly, but Dawn seems attractive...maybe it's because she's just a year older than me and I like to see women my age who still look decent.

All of that said...your comment hits on something that always grosses me out. How are these people fucking? Seriously? I get twitchy sitting next to someone who hasn't flossed in a couple of days. All I can assume is that they get together in spite of the stench in the way guys fuck each other in prison. It's all you have and hormones take over? Still, eww.

This is one more reason I would bring baking soda...it works as a toothpaste, it works (brilliantly) as an underarm deodorant, and it also can be used to clean your hair. And all those bite marks and sweat included acne we see on people? A dab of water and baking soda makes a paste that will heal them.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah Mikayla has that natural sex appeal/strength thing going for her

I like to think of behind the scenes stuff too...
    Let's do the math, any woman who is out there more than 28 days will get hit by the curse.Aunt Flo.The Crimson Tide...
    That has to be uncomfy if they don't get a supply of pads n pons? Not only for everyday life around camp but also in the challenges.

And yes the stench...various survivors have commented that the funk gets pretty bad starting on around day 5.....day 37 has to be disgusting

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Yeah Mikayla has that natural sex appeal/strength thing going for her

I like to think of behind the scenes stuff too...
    Let's do the math, any woman who is out there more than 28 days will get hit by the curse.Aunt Flo.The Crimson Tide...
    That has to be uncomfy if they don't get a supply of pads n pons? Not only for everyday life around camp but also in the challenges.

And yes the stench...various survivors have commented that the funk gets pretty bad starting on around day 5.....day 37 has to be disgusting
    Well there is a disgusting thought I didn't need. And I guess they could even be hit twice if unlucky...

I've always assumed (to go back to something you talked about a few posts up) that there are latrine areas and probably hand soap at those locations. I also assume you can only use that soap to clean your hands after you shit. So, probably they do have lady thingies available as well. And possibly condoms.

But, they have to have some sort of sanitary bathroom practices or everyone would have Salmonella or E Coli poisoning before the show ends.

I know they have to boil their drinking water though, so I suspect the bathroom hand washing would be absolutely the only concession the producers make.

On a side note, apparently in an earlier season somebody passed out and fell into a campfire and the cameraman did nothing. And the producer stated that if the cameraman had helped, he would have fired him. Did you ever hear about any of this? Seems cold.
    Last edited by JoeyB; 10-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!