Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor South Pacific

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    Well there is a disgusting thought I didn't need. And I guess they could even be hit twice if unlucky...

I've always assumed (to go back to something you talked about a few posts up) that there are latrine areas and probably hand soap at those locations. I also assume you can only use that soap to clean your hands after you shit. So, probably they do have lady thingies available as well. And possibly condoms.

But, they have to have some sort of sanitary bathroom practices or everyone would have Salmonella or E Coli poisoning before the show ends.

I know they have to boil their drinking water though, so I suspect the bathroom hand washing would be absolutely the only concession the producers make.

On a side note, apparently in an earlier season somebody passed out and fell into a campfire and the cameraman did nothing. And the producer stated that if the cameraman had helped, he would have fired him. Did you ever hear about any of this? Seems cold.
    On one season, they all went to the food auction.Are you familiar? Everyone gets 500 bucks and Jeff rolls out everything from double cheeseburgers to a pile of ant poo, hidden under covers so the contestants don't know what they're bidding on.They are told they have to eat the auction items while there, so of course they gorge themselves.In this particular case the people were saying that they all ate tons of food, then all of them had to go take emergency dumps in the jungle, using leaves as T.P.It literally happened within 20 minutes of the auction finishing.

Apparently this happens with the human body.If you eat nothing but a gram of rice and 5 ounces of water a day, for 14 days straight, the next time you eat anything of substance, it all runs right through you.On that season they did discuss the leaves and having to dump in the jungle, so I'm not sure they have actual latrines and handwashing areas.

Regarding Survivor 3 (Australia) yes a contestant named Michael was tending the fire one morning, after being on the Survivor diet for a few days.He was a big, in-shape guy and fell face first into the fire.They airlifted him outta there and he never returned to the game.He was ok with some minor burns on his hands.

The thing that disappointed me about the incident is that Burnett was interviewed and he went on record saying - If any cameraman interferes or tries to help a Survivor, I'll personally kill him with my bare hands.I have to temper that comment with Burnett's past as an SAS soldier and well as him drumming up PR for the show.If a contestant is in distress, apparently the cameramen are to notify the producers/Jeff/the medical team.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like what Burnett makes, I watch a number of his shows, but every time I hear anything about him as a person he comes off as a massive douchebag.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Agreed about Burnett.I always laugh at people who watch Big Brother and say how superior it is to Survivor....they're in a house with walls, heating, bedding and food ffs...and the entire template is lifted right from Survivor.

In fact any reality show pales in comparison to Survivor.It's true Lord of the Flies time in terms of a social experiment and personalities.And the way the game is set up with first having a group effort, then switching to an individual scenario, is brilliant IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I tried to watch big brother, I can't recall when exactly but maybe eight or nine years ago...it wasn't very exciting and they kept trying to shill out for extended pay-only online content.

If I was going to pay to watch people sleep, it would strictly involve naked teenage girls...
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Russell Hanz's nephew...

Welcome To Crazytown, population YOU!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Jim, the medical marijuana distributor amazed me....he's not an in-shape guy and he held up 240 pounds on his back...

wow

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Jim, the medical marijuana distributor amazed me....he's not an in-shape guy and he held up 240 pounds on his back...

wow
    Lil Hantz beat him by a few seconds though. He does have that stocky, 'seven dwarfish' build common to his bloodline however.

And damn...I just about clenched my own sphincter shut when Coach threw out his arms and snapped at Hantz, telling him not to listen to the garbage of the players on the way out.
    Last edited by JoeyB; 10-06-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hantz is going to do what Coach fears most...upset the applecart with some sort of psychotic outbreak

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hantz is going to do what Coach fears most...upset the applecart with some sort of psychotic outbreak
    Poor Coach, Hantz shafts him again. Just...genetically this time, instead of in person.

But, seriously...were you not impressed with Coach and the way he laid it out to Lil Hantz?
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Poor Coach, Hantz shafts him again. Just...genetically this time, instead of in person.

But, seriously...were you not impressed with Coach and the way he laid it out to Lil Hantz?
    Oh for sure.He's giving him good advice while laying down the law in a terse manner so the kid understands.The one thing I don't like about the recent Survivors is that people seem to have no problem laying out their plans at tribal council WTF, it's supposed to be a secret vote.I loved the first Survivor...no one knew how to play except Richard Hatch and he formed the first alliance.The votes were unique.A number of names popped up each tribal council, rather than the typical 2 person showdown.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh for sure.He's giving him good advice while laying down the law in a terse manner so the kid understands.The one thing I don't like about the recent Survivors is that people seem to have no problem laying out their plans at tribal council WTF, it's supposed to be a secret vote.I loved the first Survivor...no one knew how to play except Richard Hatch and he formed the first alliance.The votes were unique.A number of names popped up each tribal council, rather than the typical 2 person showdown.

I know a lot about Hatch...despite never having seen that season. Whatever you may think of him as a person, he is clever and knows how to manipulate people. His win seems almost inevitable.

Though, I wonder how he would fair now? I don't mean if he returned as a player, but, if he had had his first season now...with no reputation dogging him, BUT with all the game manipulation already in play.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I know a lot about Hatch...despite never having seen that season. Whatever you may think of him as a person, he is clever and knows how to manipulate people. His win seems almost inevitable.

Though, I wonder how he would fair now? I don't mean if he returned as a player, but, if he had had his first season now...with no reputation dogging him, BUT with all the game manipulation already in play.
    He came back for a reunion type show and didn't fare too well.He was great in the first season...in the private monologue interviews he was chuckling - These people think I'm their friend? They're all idiots and I'm just using them to get the million.A true trailblazer for how to set up an alliance, deceive people and win the game.Keep in mind no one from that season knew the structure and how it plays out with the two tribes, then the merge, then the jury.

You should try to find it somewhere, there was a woman named Sue who was a loudmouthed truck driver.At the end as a jury member she gave another girl, Kelly, a tongue lashing that has become legendary.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    At the end as a jury member she gave another girl, Kelly, a tongue lashing that has become legendary.
    Why did that turn me on?
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well now, the underlings finally pulled a good move and voted off one half of the couple.

They think that Ozzy is going to be pissed because his little sweety is gone...don't they realize that he's going to be pissed because they didn't vote 'his way'?
    Subtle but important difference I think.

and Cochran's quip about having the middle aged, lazy Ozzy made me roar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ozzy gets petulant and once again Lil Hantz loses an O-ring at Tribal Council....

What is wrong with him? He announces the two candidates to be punted without even being prompted.Even when Jeff and Coach try to subtlety let him know that you don't reveal your entire hand...he doesn't get it.