Page 122 of 140 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I've got the 'wait and see' attitude for the rest of the season. It may or may not break the show and get it canceled depending on how it proceeds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I'm on a TWD forum that does recaps and I realized people are weird.

You critique the episode, you're a hater and get comments like - Why do you even watch this show?? (duh, because I don't know the episode sucks until I've WATCHED it)

You like the episode and get called a network shill and/or get accused of sucking up to the podcasters who do the recap.

And the poor podcasters. They take time to watch the episodes, take notes, then record an hour long podcast (which is free) and they get so much negative backlash at times, it's a wonder they even upload the thing in the first place.

A commentor gave me a nice compliment and then asked - So why do you watch after 10 seasons if you hate it? I replied that I don't hate every episode and that they've answered their own question. Because I have watched a show for 10 seasons, I've made an investment of time. I explained that I used to look forward to TWD all week long and it was the highlight of my weekend. Now, when I see the same characters moving about the chessboard doing the exact same things week after week, I'm allowed to complain.

Because of interactions with the Hollywood Reporter guy, we get to hear things about people like Scott Gimple who have almost driven this show into the ground.

I've always said - They have the budget, they have a built-in great premise that can be explored a hundred different ways, and a talented cast of great actors. The only thing they lack is good writing. There have been some outstanding moments in the past, now everyone seems to have a kill switch.*

*kill switch on or off depending on the season. Rick, Morgan, Carol...hell now even Eugene all keep changing their basic motivations and it's getting old.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Episode 9 was released this past weekend to a pay service. I caught it on a streaming site.

Won't comment yet although not much changed from episode 8.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    'Walking Dead' Shocker: Danai Gurira to Exit (Exclusive)

Danai Gurira, the breakout star of AMC's The Walking Dead, is exiting the series.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding bada-- Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama.

Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln. The latter has played the central role of Rick Grimes since the pilot and departed in the first half of season nine.

AMC and representatives for Gurira declined comment.

Gurira's departure — like Lincoln's — is considered a creative blow to The Walking Dead. Both Rick and Michonne remain focal points of Robert Kirkman's source material on which the AMC series is based.

"She has been very vocal about saying that she loves the show. We love Danai; we love that character. Right now, she's got a lot of opportunities and she needs to weigh what she feels is best for her. But we certainly would want her on the show as long as she wants to be on it," AMC programming president David Madden told The Hollywood Reporter in November. "We really want her to stay. She is an incredibly valuable character and I'm really hoping she stays. Obviously, the lesson of Andy is that the show can survive anybody's departure if need be but that's not our goal. The goal is to have Danai continue on whatever basis she can make work, given the other things that she has going on in her life."

While a massive change to The Walking Dead, Gurira's departure is not completely surprising given her breakout status. Since Gurira joined the show in 2012, the actress with a Master's of Fine Arts from NYU with a theater background has used the top-rated series as a launchpad. She has continued her work as a playwright, co-writing (and co-starring in off-Broadway production In the Continuum, winning an Obie Award and Outer Critics Circle Award. She made her Broadway debut in 2009 in August Wilson's Joe Turner's Come and Gone. Gurira's 2012 play, The Convert — which just ended its run in London with her Black Panther co-star Letitia Wright — earned her a Whiting Award for emerging playwright. In 2016, her future Black Panther co-star Lupita Nyong'o starred in Eclipsed, which Gurira wrote. That play, Broadway's first with an all-female to premiere on Broadway with an all-female and black cast and creative team, earned Gurira a Tony nomination for best play. She is also part of the Oscar-nominated cast of Marvel's massive blockbuster smash Black Panther and reprised her role as Okoye in Avengers: Infinity War and all signs point to Okoye appearing in the highly anticipated Avengers: End Game. Gurira is also currently adapting Chimamnda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah into a miniseries that she will produce alongside Nyong'o — who will also star.

For the Walking Dead franchise, however, the three Lincoln-led films have now gained some serious star wattage with Gurira. (Lincoln and Gurira were romantically paired on Walking Dead and Madden noted he had "high hopes that Rick and Michonne's paths will cross again.") The first film will be told from Rick's point of view.

The three movies — set to begin production this year — will air on AMC, with the basic cable network, in success, partnering with a second party to help share the costs of what are expected to be cinematic features that are made for television.

Gurira had been in talks with AMC for a new contract since well before season nine started. With Lincoln and co-star Lauren Cohan's (Maggie) departures already on the books, sources say re-upping Gurira became a top priority as the two camps worked out details on an exit strategy. Meanwhile, Gurira's co-stars — Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) — signed multiple-year "franchise/universe deals" with AMC.

Sources say those pacts will cover three years of the franchise as a whole, meaning if their characters are written off of the flagship and relocated to another property in the Walking Dead franchise — or depart completely — they would continue to get paid. Both received sizable raises. Reedus — who also hosts and exec produces AMC's unscripted motorcycle series Ride With Norman Reedus — earns $350,000 per episode on top of additional guarantees and advances in a deal that sources say could be worth anywhere from $50 million to $90 million. McBride's deal will see the actress score an estimated $20 million over three years.

Those deals allow Reedus and McBride to jockey between Walking Dead properties, including crossing over to companion series Fear the Walking Dead and, potentially, roles in the trio of TV movies. AMC, under chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, has further expansion plans beyond the movies for its billion-dollar franchise.

Financial details of Gurira's contract were not immediately available.

Gurira becomes the latest series regular to exit The Walking Dead. In addition to Lincoln, Xander Berkeley (Gregory) and Tom Payne (Jesus) were (spoiler alert) killed off. Cohan opted to depart after she and AMC could not come to terms on a new contract. The actress remains open to a return and has said that there at least were some talks for a spinoff of some sort featuring her fierce survivor, Maggie. (AMC has declined comment on that.) Lincoln was No. 1 on the call sheet, followed by Reedus (the show's new male lead), Cohan, Gurira and McBride.

On the activism side, Gurira in December was named a U.N. Women Goodwill Ambassador. She will lend her name and dedicate her support to spotlighting gender equality and women's rights — and focus on putting unheard women's voices front and center. On Feb. 14, Gurira will mark the third anniversary of her Love Our Girls awareness campaign she launched to highlight the struggles, experiences and challenges of girls and women across the world.

Gurira is repped by UTA, Suskin Management and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Meh, I'm pretty much over her mopey and brooding character this season now that Rick is 'gone'. FFS it's been 6 years, get over it just a little maybe?

And I'm starting to get bored with this show. I dunno, it's like all they do is face the 'next big bad' that comes along. It's getting stale to me I guess.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Michonne is the new Clint Eastwood. All she does is scowl and talk quietly... while scowling.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I made the mistake of saying the Whisperers are hardly threatening at the recap podcast site. Keep in mind I don't read the comics.

Another commenter tries to convince me that the Whisperers can herd a large group of walkers as a distraction, while they stealthily sneak off somewhere else and pull shenanigans.

I respond saying - Yeah but it's a one trick pony. Once other humans realize they're dressed as walkers, the jig is up. The Whisperers now have to kill every witness to preserve the secret.

Guy responds back saying that I just don't get it.

I reply - If I had a bow or a gun, I would plug every walker in the arm or leg until someone screamed or pissed their pants in pain.

Aaaaaaaand what did Daryl do in the first scene with walkers after discovering the secret??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-12-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly...everyone kept talking about how the "worst" big baddies was coming along. And maybe it was a little tense at first, but this whole last episode was just kinda meh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Especially now they can't even communicate by whispering like they did. Everyone is going to know as soon as they hear a whisper, they're out there somewhere

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So did anyone catch the Rosita (Imma whore) progression?

She's with Father Gabriel, knows Eugene loves her and is going to have Saddiq's baby

From one brief sentence we get that she fooled around with Saddiq and some point, but when?

And here's another weird one...did you catch Michonne's thanks to Daryl? Thanks for looking for Rick...and that other thing.

That other thing? Is Michonne's five year old spud the spawn of Daryl?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Exactly...everyone kept talking about how the "worst" big baddies was coming along. And maybe it was a little tense at first, but this whole last episode was just kinda meh.
    Especially now they can't even communicate by whispering like they did. Everyone is going to know as soon as they hear a whisper, they're out there somewhere
    Someone brought up a good point. I think Eugene said the walkers may be evolving so they can use rudimentary tools and organize themselves. Why not explore that?

To me that's 10 times scarier than some chick named Lydia dressed up in a walker mask. Who cries constantly for a 43 minute episode...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    So did anyone catch the Rosita (Imma whore) progression?

She's with Father Gabriel, knows Eugene loves her and is going to have Saddiq's baby

From one brief sentence we get that she fooled around with Saddiq and some point, but when?

And here's another weird one...did you catch Michonne's thanks to Daryl? Thanks for looking for Rick...and that other thing.

That other thing? Is Michonne's five year old spud the spawn of Daryl?
    Is it Saddiq's kid? I was kinda confused about all that and missed some of the dialog. I didn't hear (or get the impression) it was his.

And yeah, she's way out of Eugene's league. Well, basically everyone is out of Eugene's league

And don't forget, Rosita was with Sarge before that and they used to let Eugene watch even though he thought he was being sneaky.

Not sure what the other thing Michonne was saying to Daryl about. Unless it's dealing with the Whisperer they caught meaning she doesn't need to deal with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Someone brought up a good point. I think Eugene said the walkers may be evolving so they can use rudimentary tools and organize themselves. Why not explore that?

To me that's 10 times scarier than some chick named Lydia dressed up in a walker mask. Who cries constantly for a 43 minute episode...

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Is it Saddiq's kid? I was kinda confused about all that and missed some of the dialog. I didn't hear (or get the impression) it was his.

And yeah, she's way out of Eugene's league. Well, basically everyone is out of Eugene's league

And don't forget, Rosita was with Sarge before that and they used to let Eugene watch even though he thought he was being sneaky.

Not sure what the other thing Michonne was saying to Daryl about. Unless it's dealing with the Whisperer they caught meaning she doesn't need to deal with it.
    According the podcasters the quick sentence about having fun = Rosita having Saddiq's baby.

Michonne and Daryl's conversation is just my perverted suspicion. Both of them were so distraught that Rick died, they boinked. Funny we don't see very much (nothing) of her new kid.

We are burying the lead once again...what about Negan??? I agree with the podcasting community that his entire 30 minutes served no purpose. He escaped, toured the old sights, got a leather jacket and headed right on back home.

Must say I loved Judith's line. Negan swears and she says - Hey, watch your language asshole!

I still don't buy an eight year old girl is allowed to walk around with a magnum that's bigger than her arm...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    According the podcasters the quick sentence about having fun = Rosita having Saddiq's baby.

Michonne and Daryl's conversation is just my perverted suspicion. Both of them were so distraught that Rick died, they boinked. Funny we don't see very much (nothing) of her new kid.

We are burying the lead once again...what about Negan??? I agree with the podcasting community that his entire 30 minutes served no purpose. He escaped, toured the old sights, got a leather jacket and headed right on back home.

Must say I loved Judith's line. Negan swears and she says - Hey, watch your language asshole!

I still don't buy an eight year old girl is allowed to walk around with a magnum that's bigger than her arm...
    Yeah, I mean it's been 6 years give or take, what did Negan think? Everything was gonna be the same? Absolutely pointless.

And the wife said the same thing about Judith. As if they would let her just go out all alone any time she wanted.