Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    The show used to be good too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The show used to be good too.
    Right up until they parked a 10 million dollar boat only to return days later and wonder why it had been stolen ...during the FRICKEN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

People didn't like Nick in the beginning yet having a character who's a reformed drug addict and discovers he enjoys the rush of covering himself in zombie goo and walking with zombies, was an example of good writing I thought.

Right around the time they went to that compound in Mexico and the cast literally split up in five different ways for no reason at all, killing a few members in the process...is where it went off the rails IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And things like pushing Travis out of a helicopter in episode two of a season...really points to things going on behind the scenes that have NOTHING to do with the intended plot.

He was on the Talking Dead right after and he couldn't even talk about his exit without humming and hawing and trying to come up with a non confrontational answer. He was hiding something for sure.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Right up until they parked a 10 million dollar boat only to return days later and wonder why it had been stolen ...during the FRICKEN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

People didn't like Nick in the beginning yet having a character who's a reformed drug addict and discovers he enjoys the rush of covering himself in zombie goo and walking with zombies, was an example of good writing I thought.

Right around the time they went to that compound in Mexico and the cast literally split up in five different ways for no reason at all, killing a few members in the process...is where it went off the rails IMO.
    Yeah, it was ridiculous when they split everyone up and had 3498502374698374 different story lines all going on at once. It became a mess. And then this season they "re-invent' themselves with being The Tryhard Helpers and still making dumb mistake after dumb mistake. You would think that by this time living through a zombie apocalypse you would learn to not trust ANYTHING.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (09-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, it was ridiculous when they split everyone up and had 3498502374698374 different story lines all going on at once. It became a mess. And then this season they "re-invent' themselves with being The Tryhard Helpers and still making dumb mistake after dumb mistake. You would think that by this time living through a zombie apocalypse you would learn to not trust ANYTHING.
    I went back and forth with the podcasting chick because she felt at a certain stage people would become more altruistic and attempt to rebuild society through...helping.

She is a longtime fan of the comic books and a Day One watcher and writer covering TWD for years, so she knows her stuff. She's the one who came up with the idea (about a year ago) to use the zombies as perpetual motion machines and it finally appears on the last episode.

I agree with you and her to certain degrees. Societies would form out of necessity and then break down out of humanity...Woodbury was cool on TWD and so was Terminus.

Hell, people hated season two of TWD and Hershel's farm..but I loved the idea that an old doctor would still see people as people and try to preserve his relatives. When they opened those barn doors I thought it was a very realistic moment considering they had lived alone on that farm for about a year after it started.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Boldly Pivots Back To Making No Sense

Paul Tassi, Senior Contributor - Forbes

Last week on Fear the Walking Dead, actual things happened! Logan was killed! There’s a new villain group with mysterious symbols and goals! Could Fear finally be turning things around?

No, no, probably not.

As evidenced by last night’s episode, the show is still writing itself off a cliff. We were back to focusing on Morgan again (I swear him being gone was what made last week’s episode somewhat tolerable) and he runs into yet another person trying to escape from the new Big Bads, Virginia and her horse crew.

Al hears from the guy that this new group is always talking about the future, so she immediately assumes they have something to do with the helicopter people and her brief makeout buddy from earlier in the season. Turns out they have literally nothing to do with each other, as Virginia explains, because they barely even just got gas, so how the hell would they be flying helicopters around?

What I remain confused about after this entire episode is that all Virginia and her group seem to be doing is…setting up settlements around the area. Like, that’s it. They have their horses and keys on a map, but from what I can tell all they’re really doing is trying to set up communities and rebuild, pretty much the same thing all groups are doing now, whether it was Madison and her baseball stadium or Rick and his communities over in Virginia.

The difference being here is that she’s…evil about it? She executes Logan and his team when they stop being helpful. She’s apparently tried to kill two different people who were inspired to run away. I’m not sure what exactly is so controversial about building communities that it requires mass capital punishment, but this gang seems kind of rinky-dink compared to other villains in series history, and I think it’s too bad that they weren’t connected to the helicopter people, as that would have actually been interesting.

Weirder still is how Morgan and Al react to all this. Morgan seems genuinely charmed by them by the end (they fixed his stick!) even though he knows that they just murdered Logan and have been hunting this guy they just tried to help for some unspecified reason.

I don’t understand any of this, and not in a “hmm what an interesting mystery” kind of way, but rather nothing we’re being shown and the way the characters are reacting to it makes much sense at all. And to top it all off, we have Grace at the end saying that her cancer alarm is going off all of a sudden and Morgan realizes he was a jerk to her, so now we have to deal with her dying and Morgan getting in his sadness cycle all over again. Will we see the return of Crazy Morgan (for the fifth time)? God I hope not. Or hope so. Honestly, I don’t even know at this point.

This was a bizarre, bland, boring episode that does not give me much hope for this supposed “big” surprise that’s supposed to be happening at the end of season 5 to make season 6 interesting, but I guess we’ll see. I have absolutely no faith that Fear can improve under its current showrunners, and every time I think I see a glimmer of hope it’s snuffed out by the following week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (09-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Love that title

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    'Boldly Pivots'

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yep

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    YES!!! About time Negan took that bitch out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    The Walking Dead is ending in 2022 after a 24-episode 11th season, and a spin-off featuring Norman Reedus' Daryl and Melissa McBride's Carol will be coming the next year or so.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/walking...an-1234573093/

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Wow, I had no idea this was still going

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Wow, I had no idea this was still going
    That's probably why it's ending. They've probably lost a bunch of viewers over the years. I stopped watching a few years ago.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Newly Seeking Shelter
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This franchise has been a success since it came out, but with Rick's departure I already lost the sense of seeing it, on the other hand fear does not give me the same feeling, can you help me?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts