Thread: Chapelwaite teaser (August 2021 - Epix)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

TV Chapelwaite teaser (August 2021 - Epix)

Based on Stephen King's short story Jerusalem's Lot.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ok, I've seen a few more promos for this and it doesn't look like a proper adaptation of Jerusalem's Lot, which is more like an old school gothic-style horror centered around Lovecraftian themes. This looks more like a proper prequel to Salem's Lot, which Jerusalem's Lot wasn't. Don't get me wrong, J.L. was a prequel to S.L., but it was different. Vampires were in J.L. but they weren't the central theme. It looks like they're pushing the vampire front and center angle in this adaptation, which is a little disappointing... if I'm right.

Anyway, the first episode will be released on Epix Sunday August 22nd (tomorrow).

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Two times a thing was mentioned in the first episode that I thought would be absent.

It's a slow burn of an episode. Calvin McCann from the short story isn't in the series. I suppose Emily Hampshire's character Rebecca Morgan replaces him.

The first three episodes have been released to streaming apps/devices (I get Epix through Amazon Prime channels). I think the Epix cable channel is just showing one episode per week on Sunday at 10 pm, so I don't know if streamers will have to wait several weeks to get to the 4th episode. I guess we'll find out.