Page 124 of 140 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Strangely I did like the character of Lydia and thought the actress was good.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Yeah I'm feeling the same way. The New Avengers sneak out of Hilltop and come back. Tara forgives them. Daryl has more mumbling to do since Rick left and did you catch the common thread through the various stories? Child abuse. They're hinting strongly Daryl was a victim.

Female podcaster explained The Whisperers in the comics are more hardcore. For example any guy can jump on any woman and have his way with her in front of the others. The woman can't and doesn't complain. They're more violent etc etc.

Male podcaster - I hate Henry and thing he's the dumbest character on the show. He could die and I wouldn't miss him for a second
    Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now, but you're right, that's definitely where it's headed.

And I know nothing about the comics, so that whole thing about them being able to rape a woman in their group? And people not being able to resist protest? I find that just stupid and doesn't make them hardcore to me And I understand they couldn't run that on TV, even cable TV without backlash, so it's understandable why that isn't in there. And as far as being more violent? They would be hard pressed to beat having Negan beat people to death in the head with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat IMHO.

And yeah, Henry just needs to be walker food Although I'm guessing the want him to be New Carl and he will be getting more and more air time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Strangely I did like the character of Lydia and thought the actress was good.
    To me she's just a bit of meh in a whole storyline of meh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now, but you're right, that's definitely where it's headed.

And I know nothing about the comics, so that whole thing about them being able to rape a woman in their group? And people not being able to resist protest? I find that just stupid and doesn't make them hardcore to me And I understand they couldn't run that on TV, even cable TV without backlash, so it's understandable why that isn't in there. And as far as being more violent? They would be hard pressed to beat having Negan beat people to death in the head with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat IMHO.

And yeah, Henry just needs to be walker food Although I'm guessing the want him to be New Carl and he will be getting more and more air time.
    In the comics the entire current plotline is Lydia and Carl coincidentally.

"Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now..."

Can I make a guess? What has been happening in Hollywood for the past few years? TWD has always had strong female characters but I've noticed more women-centric leads and storyline components. Get rid of that guy Luke (which they did) and the entire new group is females. Women of color, women with disabilities, women leaders...all in one neat package.

Not saying things like that can't happen, but when they take down walkers with slingshots it does make me laugh.

And let's have a deaf character and her sister out alone at night looking for walkers Hello, sign language in pitch black and no other way to warn her?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the comics the entire current plotline is Lydia and Carl coincidentally.

"Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now..."

Can I make a guess? What has been happening in Hollywood for the past few years? TWD has always had strong female characters but I've noticed more women-centric leads and storyline components. Get rid of that guy Luke (which they did) and the entire new group is females. Women of color, women with disabilities, women leaders...all in one neat package.

Not saying things like that can't happen, but when they take down walkers with slingshots it does make me laugh.

And let's have a deaf character and her sister out alone at night looking for walkers Hello, sign language in pitch black and no other way to warn her?
    #metoo

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, especially the whole deaf thing. You point is perfect, what do they do at night? Sign louder?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    #metoo

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, especially the whole deaf thing. You point is perfect, what do they do at night? Sign louder?
    And I may have missed it near the end when the Whisperers arrived at Hilltop, but did I see the same sisters separated after their dumb night out searching* and one of them is now trapped behind the Whisperers group? If so how in the hell do you walk 100 yards away from your deaf sister when traveling outside of safety?

* Forget the sisters, that whole group goes to look for someone at night with no source of light or idea where they went? Gooood plan

sign harder

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And I may have missed it near the end when the Whisperers arrived at Hilltop, but did I see the same sisters separated after their dumb night out searching* and one of them is now trapped behind the Whisperers group? If so how in the hell do you walk 100 yards away from your deaf sister when traveling outside of safety?

* Forget the sisters, that whole group goes to look for someone at night with no source of light or idea where they went? Gooood plan

sign harder
    The show is just getting more and more ridiculous, I just don't know, They could have done this whole Whisperers thing differently but the way it's playing out is just not frightening nor scary.

And the characters keep making more and more stupid decisions all the time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The show is just getting more and more ridiculous, I just don't know, They could have done this whole Whisperers thing differently but the way it's playing out is just not frightening nor scary.

And the characters keep making more and more stupid decisions all the time.
    Female podcaster said the way they handle the Alpha (Lydia's Mom) in the comics is better. This podcast has a good structure. They review the episode and then have what they call The Comic Book Zone at the end, so people can turn it off and avoid that part. So I'm only versed in the comic world as far as each podcast episode allows, and the podcaster is quite good about not revealing things that could be blatant spoilers. The comic varies wildly at times from the show but the podcaster says some of the comic book plots are really good, some are not handled well.

She implies that Kirkman treats relationships a lot differently in the comics, more of a male-teen view on life My takeaway from that is comics = non-PC, show = has to be more PC.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Female podcaster said the way they handle the Alpha (Lydia's Mom) in the comics is better. This podcast has a good structure. They review the episode and then have what they call The Comic Book Zone at the end, so people can turn it off and avoid that part. So I'm only versed in the comic world as far as each podcast episode allows, and the podcaster is quite good about not revealing things that could be blatant spoilers. The comic varies wildly at times from the show but the podcaster says some of the comic book plots are really good, some are not handled well.

She implies that Kirkman treats relationships a lot differently in the comics, more of a male-teen view on life My takeaway from that is comics = non-PC, show = has to be more PC.
    Yeah, I try and stay away from the comic book just because I don't want spoilers, but I do also know that the show and the comic are completely different in many ways. Like Daryl isn't in the comic at all, Carl is still alive in the comic at this point, etc...but it's cool to0 know some of the ways that it's different.

And I guess I never really thought about it until you brought it up in that post, but the show is a bit on the PC side in a lot of ways (like Shameless is this season just started that back up, but that's a different conversatin ) but in the same respect, you have gays whining that TWD killed off another 'different' (gay, PoC, etc) character when they killed Jesus. They whine that it always happens to gay people portrayed on TV. It's like for them, the whole gay thing needs to be front in center. They want a GAY character, not a character that happens to be gay.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I try and stay away from the comic book just because I don't want spoilers, but I do also know that the show and the comic are completely different in many ways. Like Daryl isn't in the comic at all, Carl is still alive in the comic at this point, etc...but it's cool to0 know some of the ways that it's different.

And I guess I never really thought about it until you brought it up in that post, but the show is a bit on the PC side in a lot of ways (like Shameless is this season just started that back up, but that's a different conversatin ) but in the same respect, you have gays whining that TWD killed off another 'different' (gay, PoC, etc) character when they killed Jesus. They whine that it always happens to gay people portrayed on TV. It's like for them, the whole gay thing needs to be front in center. They want a GAY character, not a character that happens to be gay.
    Yep the podcasters listened to their commenters (me on that one ) about not bringing up what happened in the comics during recaps because it can spoil the show if the show writers decide to follow the same progression. Even saying something like - Morgan dies in the comics...kind of alludes he may leave the show or die.

I only notice the new PC aspect of TV shows from reading news articles here. Hollywood is the main battleground for all things sexist, racist and chauvinistic. While I applaud equality, I don't think industries should change just for that reason. If a female and/or minority director, or director of photography, or writer is good, fine let them do the work.

I think we're seeing more of a - We need to change everything to a female/minority viewpoint and that may hurt whatever industry eventually.

I almost turned off a couple of recent episodes of Shameless because of their illegal alien views getting shoved right into the plot and I'm a pretty liberal guy in most cases

*very minor spoiler - Liam sets up a Kool Aid stand in front of a neighbor's house and blocks the driveway, plays loud music, has tons of kids hanging around and the neighbor tells him to move it. He won't so she calls the cops. It turns into this huge neighborhood wide march to go 'out the racist'.

Not sure if any of the neighbor's complaints were because some of the kids were black

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I almost turned off a couple of recent episodes of Shameless because of their illegal alien views getting shoved right into the plot and I'm a pretty liberal guy in most cases

*very minor spoiler - Liam sets up a Kool Aid stand in front of a neighbor's house and blocks the driveway, plays loud music, has tons of kids hanging around and the neighbor tells him to move it. He won't so she calls the cops. It turns into this huge neighborhood wide march to go 'out the racist'.

Not sure if any of the neighbor's complaints were because some of the kids were black
    Yeah, we're only one episode into the 2nd half of the season, but the whole illegal alien thing being pushed right in your face is off-putting.

And the Liam thing is right out of the news from some stories that happened last year. But of course it all needs to be re-hashed on a popular TV show. Can't let people forget that there are some racist people out there. But of course only highlight the WHITE racists, not the minority racists.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, we're only one episode into the 2nd half of the season, but the whole illegal alien thing being pushed right in your face is off-putting.

And the Liam thing is right out of the news from some stories that happened last year. But of course it all needs to be re-hashed on a popular TV show. Can't let people forget that there are some racist people out there. But of course only highlight the WHITE racists, not the minority racists.
    Yeah I'm watching the Kool-Aid scene and they're not even on Liam's street. Woman has a front drive-way and they're camped out almost blocking her way in. I can't recall one instance of her complaining about the color of the kids or how they're dressed or how they're bringing down her property values. She does what I would have probably done. It's a long street young people, move your stand off my front lawn.

* illegal alien thing goes away quick but before it does, there's an interesting turn involving other than white racism...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Okay, with those stupid Whisperers and "Alpha's" ultimatum....why doesn't Hilltop just light them all up from the top of the wall. Problem solved.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Okay, with those stupid Whisperers and "Alpha's" ultimatum....why doesn't Hilltop just light them all up from the top of the wall. Problem solved.
    You asked the exact first question of the male podcaster

Which prompted a long discussion about Negan formerly taking all of the guns from everyone, but six years have passed, but yeah what about ammo?, not sure if Tara has the balls to light up strangers...and so on.

I just needed one look at Uncle Fester and it would have been target-time baby