Page 126 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, he left a note saying he couldn't live with it and that new girl that I don't ever remember seeing before brought it to Daryl. Daryl flashed that note to the deaf girl and that's why they both said/wrote that they couldn't live with it either.
    Oh new girl was part of the original group of teens that got Henry drunk and stoned. She has boobs.

At first I thought she was going do something else with ol Daryl

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Oh new girl was part of the original group of teens that got Henry drunk and stoned. She has boobs.

At first I thought she was going do something else with ol Daryl
    Oh, okay, I remember that, but all those other kids just didn't make an impression I guess

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Funny how Alpha cared about getting her daughter back but was gonna let the walkers eat the baby.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Funny how Alpha cared about getting her daughter back but was gonna let the walkers eat the baby.
    Yep and it's questionable things like that which ruin the story. I still can't get onboard with the Whisperers.

They've had six years since Negan went to jail so they would have enough ammo to take down that group in seconds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Finally though a bit of realism when the baby cries.

Judith, Maggie's spawn, and the mysterious kid Michonne and Rick had all have grown up since day one in the zombie apocalypse.

Any parent watching that knows how much noise and attention babies and children need.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yep and it's questionable things like that which ruin the story. I still can't get onboard with the Whisperers.

They've had six years since Negan went to jail so they would have enough ammo to take down that group in seconds.
    Yup, shoot first and ask questions later.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Finally though a bit of realism when the baby cries.

Judith, Maggie's spawn, and the mysterious kid Michonne and Rick had all have grown up since day one in the zombie apocalypse.

Any parent watching that knows how much noise and attention babies and children need.
    Realism, yes, but it was only used as a plot device to show that the Whisperers are "animals".

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One of the scariest moments for me was when they discovered the people at Terminus were cannibals and everyone was lined up over that trough, waiting to get their heads bashed in with a ...bat (?).

Too bad that fell apart when Super Carol saved everyone, but I like Carol's character so I didn't complain about the progression.

It led to that scene where the Terminus guy was eating and feeding Bob part of his own leg. (the Bob-B-Q scene )

THAT is the horror the zombie apocalypse would create...not these weird mother figures and odd plot contrivances. Which makes me wonder - The Whisperers must coat themselves in zombie gore daily, otherwise the zombies ccouldn't be herded/fooled as we're seeing.

The Whisperers looked pretty dry to me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One of the scariest moments for me was when they discovered the people at Terminus were cannibals and everyone was lined up over that trough, waiting to get their heads bashed in with a ...bat (?).

Too bad that fell apart when Super Carol saved everyone, but I like Carol's character so I didn't complain about the progression.

It led to that scene where the Terminus guy was eating and feeding Bob part of his own leg. (the Bob-B-Q scene )

THAT is the horror the zombie apocalypse would create...not these weird mother figures and odd plot contrivances. Which makes me wonder - The Whisperers must coat themselves in zombie gore daily, otherwise the zombies ccouldn't be herded/fooled as we're seeing.

The Whisperers looked pretty dry to me
    Yeah, I agree with Terminus, that was the scariest the show has been. It's been in a downward spiral ever since with these 'big bads' that have followed. I hope they don't drag the Whisperers out for 2 seasons like they did Negan.

And you're right, in every instance where we've seen the living try and blend in with the dead (even on Fear the Walking Dead), the people had to lather up pretty liberally with zombie guts. All the Whisperers had on were masks, none of them were gut covered at all.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I agree with Terminus, that was the scariest the show has been. It's been in a downward spiral ever since with these 'big bads' that have followed. I hope they don't drag the Whisperers out for 2 seasons like they did Negan.

And you're right, in every instance where we've seen the living try and blend in with the dead (even on Fear the Walking Dead), the people had to lather up pretty liberally with zombie guts. All the Whisperers had on were masks, none of them were gut covered at all.
    On FTWD, people made fun of Nick's character and I was onboard for some of it. But think about what he was and what he did. Recovering addict finds out zombie gore will allow you to walk beside them undercover. I can see how just the excitement of doing that would be attractive to someone like Nick. (and me too probably)

Then an entire season in TWD is based on people who somehow don't have to lather up, which is one of the worldbuilding ideas they've created about their own world!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    On FTWD, people made fun of Nick's character and I was onboard for some of it. But think about what he was and what he did. Recovering addict finds out zombie gore will allow you to walk beside them undercover. I can see how just the excitement of doing that would be attractive to someone like Nick. (and me too probably)

Then an entire season in TWD is based on people who somehow don't have to lather up, which is one of the worldbuilding ideas they've created about their own world!
    Maybe they've hired some writers from Discovery?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Maybe they've hired some writers from Discovery?
    I read that as Disney at first

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Either or, pretty much the same at this point

So, is something bad gonna happen to Jerry now? Usually on this show, when something good happens to someone (especially more fringe characters), something bad happens to them soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Either or, pretty much the same at this point

So, is something bad gonna happen to Jerry now? Usually on this show, when something good happens to someone (especially more fringe characters), something bad happens to them soon.
    I've watched the Talking Dead and if you were suddenly a guest on the couch, it meant you were written off the show. It happened so much they had to change the format because fans would find out online who the weekly guests were before the show(s) aired and put it together.

I would HATE to be a star on TWD. I've heard stories that depending on how important your role was, someone from production would phone you with 'the call'. Carl was done dirty from what I understand and his Dad went online and made a few angry Facebook posts. Chandler Riggs had bought a home in Georgia right before he was cut. Whether you like Carl or not, he was one of the actors there from the first season. Literally grew up working on the show.

I read that was part of why Scott Gimple was shuffled to a different position. When he was showrunner, inside word was he would write people off the show for shock value, not plot value. Before every mid season finale and end of season finale some of the actors would start looking for other projects just in case.

Some actors would get the word before the season started shooting, some would get it before they shot the episode where they die.

Jerry is a beloved character so yes this visibility spike showing his personal life probably equates to his death My reasoning is they already lost Rick and Maggie using some of the clunkiest writing imaginable and most fans know the stories behind the exits. Lauren Cohan was not happy and her new show is premiering as we speak So they probably need someone else to kill for shock value. Someone known.

And my own take without reading anything is that Andrew Lincoln didn't just leave because he wants to be with his kids and hated the commute. I think he was tired of playing the same character and needed to get away from it before he becomes Rick Grimes forever.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 02-25-2019 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, I never watched Talking Dead but I knew that if you happened to see an actor sitting on the couch, it was usually a bad sign.

And it sucks that they would kill of characters just for shock value (I'm guessing Abraham fell into that category...tried to use him as a 'fake out' making people thing that Glen wasn't going to meet the same fate as the comic book, but it didn't work out that way). The nurse/doctor that took the arrow (to the head I think?) the one that was Tara's g/f I'm thinking was another. Same with Beth when she bit it by getting shot after that whole mission to rescue her. And those are just right off the top of my head.

Maybe that's why Maggie et al have pre-emptively left the show and sought other work, so they don't get some "shock ending" that they don't deserve. And yeah, I remember the dust up about how they treated Chandler and his character being written off. It was BS, like you said, he's one of the originals, he deserved better treatment as an actor than what he got.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, maybe part of that is true, but he did agree to do some movies though.