Page 127 of 140 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I never watched Talking Dead but I knew that if you happened to see an actor sitting on the couch, it was usually a bad sign.

And it sucks that they would kill of characters just for shock value (I'm guessing Abraham fell into that category...tried to use him as a 'fake out' making people thing that Glen wasn't going to meet the same fate as the comic book, but it didn't work out that way). The nurse/doctor that took the arrow (to the head I think?) the one that was Tara's g/f I'm thinking was another. Same with Beth when she bit it by getting shot after that whole mission to rescue her. And those are just right off the top of my head.

Maybe that's why Maggie et al have pre-emptively left the show and sought other work, so they don't get some "shock ending" that they don't deserve. And yeah, I remember the dust up about how they treated Chandler and his character being written off. It was BS, like you said, he's one of the originals, he deserved better treatment as an actor than what he got.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, maybe part of that is true, but he did agree to do some movies though.
    A lot of deaths reflect what happens in the comics, but to other people. In the show it was Denise who gets the arrow through the eye, coincidentally it was Abraham in the comics who died that way.

Beth's death was interesting. It affected me more than most deaths on the show. I saw an interview with her and this is just supposition on my part. You know how there's times when someone wants to say something negative but they keep adjusting their statements to give a more PC response? That's what I saw. Similar to Riggs she was gushing about working on the show and moving, then became quiet.

I believe Maggie's issue was simple. She wasn't getting a wage similar to Rick and Daryl, yet at the time was involved in most of the storylines.

Aaaand I read something about them using Abraham in the Negan scene to make the obvious Glenn death, more shocking. I found it interesting how the show mimicked Glenn's comic book death right down to the hanging eyeball, yet longtime fans felt the show went too far with that scene and the seasonal cliff hanger in general. That's something I didn't agree with. It was a classic cliff hanger and I thought - Who is going to die in the next episode? It will be one of these people...I respect cliff hangers like that far more that false season enders where nothing really happens.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    A lot of deaths reflect what happens in the comics, but to other people. In the show it was Denise who gets the arrow through the eye, coincidentally it was Abraham in the comics who died that way.

Beth's death was interesting. It affected me more than most deaths on the show. I saw an interview with her and this is just supposition on my part. You know how there's times when someone wants to say something negative but they keep adjusting their statements to give a more PC response? That's what I saw. Similar to Riggs she was gushing about working on the show and moving, then became quiet.

I believe Maggie's issue was simple. She wasn't getting a wage similar to Rick and Daryl, yet at the time was involved in most of the storylines.

Aaaand I read something about them using Abraham in the Negan scene to make the obvious Glenn death, more shocking. I found it interesting how the show mimicked Glenn's comic book death right down to the hanging eyeball, yet longtime fans felt the show went too far with that scene and the seasonal cliff hanger in general. That's something I didn't agree with. It was a classic cliff hanger and I thought - Who is going to die in the next episode? It will be one of these people...I respect cliff hangers like that far more that false season enders where nothing really happens.
    Yeah, the way the ended Beth's story line bothered me. I mean, they make a whole big deal about rescuing her, which takes several episodes to complete, and they just kill her right at the end? For no good reason really? I don't know, it's just decisions like that which bother me. Killing someone off for the sake of 'shocking' the audience. Because her death didn't really further any other plot line in the show. So what was the point then?

And I agree with you 100% about the Negan beating someone to death and leaving it as a cliffhanger. I thought it was a good cliffhanger and one that did keep you guessing (unless you were a fan of the comics I guess). A far better cliffhanger as to what happened to Glen when he fell off the dumpster right into that horde and they made it look like he got killed. That was cheap.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, the way the ended Beth's story line bothered me. I mean, they make a whole big deal about rescuing her, which takes several episodes to complete, and they just kill her right at the end? For no good reason really? I don't know, it's just decisions like that which bother me. Killing someone off for the sake of 'shocking' the audience. Because her death didn't really further any other plot line in the show. So what was the point then?

And I agree with you 100% about the Negan beating someone to death and leaving it as a cliffhanger. I thought it was a good cliffhanger and one that did keep you guessing (unless you were a fan of the comics I guess). A far better cliffhanger as to what happened to Glen when he fell off the dumpster right into that horde and they made it look like he got killed. That was cheap.
    Yeah me and DGX went back and forth over a logistics portion of the dumpster episode, before Glenn rolled under it

My contention was that the dumpster was close to the fences in the back of the alley and they could of just jumped. I think I even posted screen shots.

Doesn't matter. It was cheap and everything they did around the ensuing four episodes without the character of Glenn was also cheap. Not listing his name in the credits, not letting him post on social media or do interviews with the press.

And for what...to fake us out for almost a month using a plot device that did what? Essentially killed off a crappy character and not much else? Things like that make audiences like me suspicious..were there contract talks behind the scenes?

And that's another thing we don't hear much about and happens with every series behind the scenes. People leave the show because of other offers, wage differences, health reasons, personal changes within their lives we don't hear about.

I watched a few seasons of Blue Bloods. There was a good actress paired with Donnie Wahlberg for a season or so who was quickly written out of the show without explanation. Then she releases a statement saying she was ill and the show did her dirty. Turns out she had Celiac Disease which wasn't as accepted as a viable health issue back then. She lost tons of weight, was constantly nauseous while filming and production attributed her lateness and absences to drug use. Once Celiac became recognized and she was diagnosed, I think she may have sued the studio.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, but all this build up to The Whisperers and they are the LEAST scary or intimidating 'big bad' that has ever been on TWD. I'm bored with them already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Griffin (03-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Agreed. In the comics they intrigued me, but they're just plain silly on the show. Especially Alpha with her phony accent.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-04-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, but all this build up to The Whisperers and they are the LEAST scary or intimidating 'big bad' that has ever been on TWD. I'm bored with them already.
    The leader is the only Whisperer that looks worse when she takes off her mask.

Yep, just like a bunch of iron poor old people laying around at the Whisperer camp not doing or saying much. Oh no!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The leader is the only Whisperer that looks worse when she takes off her mask.

Yep, just like a bunch of iron poor old people laying around at the Whisperer camp not doing or saying much. Oh no!

Lydia, just shuffle along with the rest of us, no one will notice that you aren't a walker.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And I think New Carl is even more stupid than Classic Carl ever was

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

Lydia, just shuffle along with the rest of us, no one will notice that you aren't a walker.
    I was thinking of you last night watching that

At least two people without zombie guts and masks - Just shuffle along and ACT dead

fuck off

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And I think New Carl is even more stupid than Classic Carl ever was
    If they want a viewer for life....next shot after capturing Henry would be Lydia wearing a Henry mask walking back to the Hilltop.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If they want a viewer for life....next shot after capturing Henry would be Lydia wearing a Henry mask walking back to the Hilltop.

Everyone is going to get really sick of having to save his ass all the time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

Everyone is going to get really sick of having to save his ass all the time.

Hi Henry welcome back!

mmmrphumph *waves*

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I just don't know where they're going with this whole thing. Did TWD borrow some writers from Team Disco or something? The Whisperers camp is underwhelming at best, they aren't very well armed, they don't seem to do much besides shuffle around all day long. It's just pointless.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I just don't know where they're going with this whole thing. Did TWD borrow some writers from Team Disco or something? The Whisperers camp is underwhelming at best, they aren't very well armed, they don't seem to do much besides shuffle around all day long. It's just pointless.
    Did you hear Alpha say if there's a conflict they win no problem? Lydia said something about Hilltop not having many guns but they DO HAVE guns.

What are the Whisperers going to do? Some sort of slo-mo mass shuffling kung-fu?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you hear Alpha say if there's a conflict they win no problem? Lydia said something about Hilltop not having many guns but they DO HAVE guns.

What are the Whisperers going to do? Some sort of slo-mo mass shuffling kung-fu?
    Yeah, other than there being a lot of them, they don't seem to have much for weapons other than knives and spears. It would be easy to just light them up if they came to attack. Alpha's comment might mean that they (the Whisperers) are just animals, like when they left the baby to be eaten, and that the Hilltop have morals and feelings and won't fight dirty like the Whisperers would.