Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    Wow, sorry...I truly never thought mentioning the contents of a commercial that they air constantly on AMC before, during, and after the show would be a problem. Honest mistake dude. I just assumed everyone would have seen it, they even show it during the ON DEMAND viewings.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Yes, if it was shown, then it can be discussed. Part of discussing something involves speculating what might happen in the future. If they're showing future scenes then we can speculate as to what they mean.

It's not the same as me telling you what's already happened in the comic book.

I am only following the administrator's lead on this subject gentlemen, which I happen to agree with.Discuss the show, not what the next week's spoiler reveals.

case in point - Dexter's next week preview contains at least two developments that will be...."........" to not use a phrase.If I brought them up, fans that haven't seen the preview may get upset.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Yes, if it was shown, then it can be discussed. Part of discussing something involves speculating what might happen in the future. If they're showing future scenes then we can speculate as to what they mean.

It's not the same as me telling you what's already happened in the comic book.

I'm kind of stunned here and I never meant to start shit...they show that commercial all the time and I never even thought of it as a spoiler.

Mea culpa though, I'll try to be more selective about what I discuss in the future.

Let's not have this become a shitstorm.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm kind of stunned here and I never meant to start shit...they show that commercial all the time and I never even thought of it as a spoiler.

Mea culpa though, I'll try to be more selective about what I discuss in the future.

Let's not have this become a shitstorm.
    Ya keep on saying wow and are you really mad and you're kinda stunned....there was no shitstorm.But if you keep acting incredulous and making it a big deal, it will be a big deal ffs

I won't speak for Lance, but maybe just read my first post....understand that discussing next week is kinda shitty for some.....and.....move.....on.

thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Ya keep on saying wow and are you really mad and you're kinda stunned....there was no shitstorm.But if you keep acting incredulous and making it a big deal, it will be a big deal ffs

I won't speak for Lance, but maybe just read my first post....understand that discussing next week is kinda shitty for some.....and.....move.....on.

thanks
    I am stunned, but not mad, at all.
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts

HEY! It's ok to talk about current episodes or say something like - Next week's show looks good!

BUT NO SPOILERS YOU BLUE TESTE SUCKING BASTID!
    oh ffs. What's the point, let's talk about this and not about that....boo hoo. I'm out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Wow, sorry...I truly never thought mentioning the contents of a commercial that they air constantly on AMC before, during, and after the show would be a problem. Honest mistake dude. I just assumed everyone would have seen it, they even show it during the ON DEMAND viewings.
    You seem to be forgetting that some of the show's viewers stay in foreign countries (i.e. me) and don't have the channel AMC so have never seen the preview featuring the helicopters.......... so thanks for that

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yt Trash View Post
    oh ffs. What's the point, let's talk about this and not about that....boo hoo. I'm out.
    If a show like Dexter reveals something for instance in a next week preview ..I'll use a fiction - "Deb Morgan dies at the hand of a rival serial killer", do you really think that it's a "boo hoo" situation if you read it before getting a chance to watch?

Lance took a shot at both you and I last week for saying considerably less than an actual plot development within the show.That bothered me a little because nothing was revealed and he got mad.Now Joey says his bit and Lance seems to be fine with that and I'm here all alone trying to defend a point that rankled the administrator of the site.

So ya, boo hoo outta here partner if you don't understand the crappiness of revealing next week's preview points to people.Some of us tune in to weekly shows to be surprised..

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that some of the show's viewers stay in foreign countries (i.e. me) and don't have the channel AMC so have never seen the preview featuring the helicopters.......... so thanks for that
    If a show like Dexter reveals something for instance in a next week preview ..I'll use a fiction - "Deb Morgan dies at the hand of a rival serial killer", do you really think that it's a "boo hoo" situation if you read it before getting a chance to watch?

Lance took a shot at both you and I last week for saying considerably less than an actual plot development within the show.That bothered me a little because nothing was revealed and he got mad.Now Joey says his bit and Lance seems to be fine with that and I'm here all alone trying to defend a point that rankled the administrator of the site.

So ya, boo hoo outta here partner if you don't understand the crappiness of revealing next week's preview points to people.Some of us tune in to weekly shows to be surprised..
    I said I was sorry...I think anyone can see it was an honest mistake with absolutely no malice attached to it. Maybe we should just phase back into regular discussion now, aye? I will start to talk in italics if I have to people, you have been warned.

Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    I'M not a writer for the show. Seeing a snip it in a commercial and speculating what's going to happen is hardly a spoiler in my opinion. But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

COMMENTS ABOUT THE HELICOPTERS I MENTIONED FROM THE AD:

That scene was included in tonights episode, during the teaser, it was actually a flashback to the events prior to last season. So, apparently, those helicopters may not be a future plot point so much as a flashback.

SPECULATIVE STATEMENTS WARNING BASED ON TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

So here is what I think, based on the old dude's no gun rule, his earlier statements about this being a plague and expecting a cure, and that he has a barn full of walkers...

He is saving them, waiting for them to be cured. I'm not sure how he collects them but he is. I hope he's not feeding them!

On one hand...if they could be cured, a noble effort. On the other...wtf!
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yt Trash View Post
    If you find the need to discuss things that haven't even happened yet, there are plenty of sites for that. I ask one little thing and you get all bent out of shape over it...now you know how I feel when I come into one of the TV show discussion threads and see fucking spoilers about shit that hasn't happened yet. Fine, see ya.

See, I can have a shitty attitude too.

Thanks Hal for trying to reiterate what I have asked. I have been avoiding this thread (and other TV show threads) because it has been pissing me off. I will never for the life of me understand why people like spoilers. Why watch the fucking show if you know what's gonna happen? I didn't say anything about Joey's comment about the choppers because at that point after making myself clear about not wanting spoilers, there they were again. It's like hitting myself in the head with a hammer. After awhile you just have to stop.

But Joey apologized and I appreciate that as he didn't know about my mini-rant from the Dexter thread (I thought I mentioned it in here, I was wrong).

And as for spoilers on upcoming episodes, I might as well just go to one of the many spoiler sites out there and I can post the plots and basic story lines (many of which get very detailed because I think some places get their hands on the actual scripts) for the show all the way through the finale. That way we can all save ourselves some time and not have to watch any of the shows, we can just quickly read about it here and then move on with everything else.

And to be clear, speculation about something in the future of a show based on what has already happened on the show or how the last episode progressed and ended is not a spoiler at all and I have no problem with that as I have done it too. But speculation on what's going to happen because you watched the previews for the next episode and you already know part of what's gonna happen, then that is the pure definition of a spoiler. Same with the people that were fans of the comic book and come in here and say things that have happened in the comic....that's a spoiler, even though the show doesn't exactly follow the comic. There are enough parallels where it brings spoilers into the game. I don't watch the previews for upcoming episodes, I don't read the websites that have spoilers about upcoming episodes, and I don't watch the ads for the upcoming episodes. Call me crazy, but I actually like to watch the show and enjoy it and be surprised about what happens next.

And as for the 'beware of spoilers' in the thread title, that is to warn people that there will be talk about episodes that have already aired and if you aren't current on the show, then you enter at your own risk. It does not mean that someone should expect discussion ruining the entire outcome of the upcoming episodes/season. That's why I avoid all these threads like the plague until I have caught up on any episodes I haven't seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

COMMENTS ABOUT THE HELICOPTERS I MENTIONED FROM THE AD:

That scene was included in tonights episode, during the teaser, it was actually a flashback to the events prior to last season. So, apparently, those helicopters may not be a future plot point so much as a flashback.

So here is what I think, based on the old dude's no gun rule, his earlier statements about this being a plague and expecting a cure, and that he has a barn full of walkers...

He is saving them, waiting for them to be cured. I'm not sure how he collects them but he is. I hope he's not feeding them!

No need to wrap spoiler tags around stuff that already happened

And again, thanks for the apology about the previous spoilers, it's appreciated

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In the end, it's just a TV show.......

so how about Andrea being a stupid bitch.....again

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

I think we all knew something was up, but I guess I didn't expect a barn full of walkers

Not sure yet if they are there for noble or nefarious reasons yet though...the old man is a hard one to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob034 View Post
    so how about Andrea being a stupid bitch.....again
    She seriously needs to die...feed her to the walkers.

I knew it was Daryl and I knew she was going to shoot him. I'm actually surprised it was only a graze, I thought she was going to kill him, or hurt him way worse than he was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    good thing she still doesn't know how to shoot

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."