Page 131 of 140 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Yeah, the deaf girl gets the last word

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From a reviewer over at i09

I have to assume Beta does something truly heinous in the comics, because right now he’s not scary, he’s just hilarious. Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichéd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought was super-cool back in 1994 that it warms my heart. He’s probably managed to find a small group of Whisperers to secretly play Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition) with him when they aren’t all forced to hang out with zombies.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    I played D&D until my late 20's

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, the deaf girl gets the last word
    When she tore off that page, walked away and left it with him I laughed and laughed

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    This episode finally answered some questions about Alexandria in the missing six years but it was like watching a super ball on a roulette wheel.
    Whoever edited this roundabout needs to be fired.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I thought it was a decent episode and glad that it answered a lot of the questions. I can see why Michonne is all fucked up, being forced to kill a friend and a bunch of kids will do that to a person.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One particular moment I didn't care for was towards then end, when Michonne was out looking for Judith. Michonne finds her and she (Judith) is dispatching zombies. Now, Judith in her own right is very smart and pretty much a badass and she knows how to survive. It's plainly obvious that the last zombie she tries to dispatch is only hit in the leg, and although she does manage to cut the leg off and the zombie topples over, the zombie obviously isn't dead. And before taking the time to kill the zombie, that's when she decides to stop and look away over at Michonne and acknowledge that she's there. The the aforementioned zombie attacks Judith and she screams like the little girl she is and is yelling for mer mom to save her. To me that scene appeared forced because I doubt that Judith would have let that zombie just fall over without going in for the kill. It was a contrived scene a bit to further it along where Judith and Michonne finally talk about the past.

Mini Rant/

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    During the first 20 minutes I was getting ready for a scathing review about wasting sets and actors on complete BS.

Then the episode got better.

Still pretty bad when Michonne's old girlfriend and her little crew of Oliver Twist Kids are 20 times scarier than The Whisperers

Tara!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And then the very last shot is the two Whisperers about reporting back to Alpha about what they saw and in that brief instance it made me not look forward to next week after 2 very good episodes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One particular moment I didn't care for was towards then end, when Michonne was out looking for Judith. Michonne finds her and she (Judith) is dispatching zombies. Now, Judith in her own right is very smart and pretty much a badass and she knows how to survive. It's plainly obvious that the last zombie she tries to dispatch is only hit in the leg, and although she does manage to cut the leg off and the zombie topples over, the zombie obviously isn't dead. And before taking the time to kill the zombie, that's when she decides to stop and look away over at Michonne and acknowledge that she's there. The the aforementioned zombie attacks Judith and she screams like the little girl she is and is yelling for mer mom to save her. To me that scene appeared forced because I doubt that Judith would have let that zombie just fall over without going in for the kill. It was a contrived scene a bit to further it along where Judith and Michonne finally talk about the past.

Mini Rant/
    Of course it was contrived. It screamed - You can't be alone little seven year old girl who is 3 feet nothing tall

And yes a device to get them to reveal the big secret about why Michonne has been acting so weird when it comes to her old Hilltop and Kingdom friends.

I still didn't buy it unfortunately. These people have been through hell together (Michonne + everyone) so if they do become estranged I was hoping there would be a better reason.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And then the very last shot is the two Whisperers about reporting back to Alpha about what they saw and in that brief instance it made me not look forward to next week after 2 very good episodes.
    One good part about that scene was when the actors playing the walkers stopped moving like zombies and then moved with deliberation. It was creepy.

Still say the theory that Eugene had about walkers evolving would have been 100 times better for future plots, seasons.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Of course it was contrived. It screamed - You can't be alone little seven year old girl who is 3 feet nothing tall

And yes a device to get them to reveal the big secret about why Michonne has been acting so weird when it comes to her old Hilltop and Kingdom friends.

I still didn't buy it unfortunately. These people have been through hell together (Michonne + everyone) so if they do become estranged I was hoping there would be a better reason.
    I can see how it would mess Michonne up for awhile...she saw what she thought was her friend, let her in, and then that friend took advantage by not only robbing them, but kidnapping several kids as well. Then, when confronting them after being tortured and nearly killed, Michonne is forced to kill her friend and several of the kids, so yeah, I can see that messing with her mind, especially since she had Judith to look after as her own plus being pregnant as well.

But Michonne is a very strong character (at least she used to be) and while something like that would fuck with her mind, she should be able to get passed it. And she never should have let it jeopardize her and Alexandria's relationships with Hilltop and The Kingdom.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like the actress that plays current Judith. I find her non-precocious and believable. I had a bit of a problem during the recent episode with the timing and the two Judiths.

Flashback Judith was during the time Michonne was pregnant, in the months directly following Rick's disappearance. We're told that was six years ago.

Current Judith and Flashback Judith looked about the same size and age

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I can see how it would mess Michonne up for awhile...she saw what she thought was her friend, let her in, and then that friend took advantage by not only robbing them, but kidnapping several kids as well. Then, when confronting them after being tortured and nearly killed, Michonne is forced to kill her friend and several of the kids, so yeah, I can see that messing with her mind, especially since she had Judith to look after as her own plus being pregnant as well.

But Michonne is a very strong character (at least she used to be) and while something like that would fuck with her mind, she should be able to get passed it. And she never should have let it jeopardize her and Alexandria's relationships with Hilltop and The Kingdom.
    Yeah the friendship then weirdness angle would screw people up for sure, but it seems like there's a big disconnect (for me) about why Michonne is so against the rest of her crew. To prevent getting screwed over by them? They all must know about her old buddy and what happened?

And is this the mysterious event Michonne thanked Daryl for a few episodes ago?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    This episode finally answered some questions about Alexandria in the missing six years but it was like watching a super ball on a roulette wheel.
    Whoever edited this roundabout needs to be fired.
    I found the episode uneven. First it was so boring I wanted to turn it off, then it got really interesting.