Page 133 of 140 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2090

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Okay, while I am fully on board with New Carl finally being offed, I have MASSIVE issues with the way this all went down. The only infiltrator they showed from the Whisperers in the Kingdom at the fair was Alpha. You are telling me that Alpha, all by herself, was able to kidnap those 10 people that ended up with their heads on a pike, and no one saw or heard anything? She was able to subdue them and sneak them out of the gated Kingdom without being seen? Especially after knowing they were all taken alive after hearing Sadiq's story?

And when the episode opened and we saw that couple that we had never seen before, I told the wife, oh look, a couple we've never seen before, they're gonna die And they were dead before the show's opening credits

They also killed off a bunch of random/unknown/random characters in that reveal. Are we supposed to care? Did they just kill off all the extras to make it seem worse than it was if only a few main characters were killed? Hard to feel "shock" at their deaths when you don't even know who they are.

And the only one that I felt bad that died was Enid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Okay, while I am fully on board with New Carl finally being offed, I have MASSIVE issues with the way this all went down. The only infiltrator they showed from the Whisperers in the Kingdom at the fair was Alpha. You are telling me that Alpha, all by herself, was able to kidnap those 10 people that ended up with their heads on a pike, and no one saw or heard anything? She was able to subdue them and sneak them out of the gated Kingdom without being seen? Especially after knowing they were all taken alive after hearing Sadiq's story?

And when the episode opened and we saw that couple that we had never seen before, I told the wife, oh look, a couple we've never seen before, they're gonna die And they were dead before the show's opening credits

They also killed off a bunch of random/unknown/random characters in that reveal. Are we supposed to care? Did they just kill off all the extras to make it seem worse than it was if only a few main characters were killed? Hard to feel "shock" at their deaths when you don't even know who they are.

And the only one that I felt bad that died was Enid.
    We have to assume Alpha had her crew nearby because there's no way she gets control over 10 people without help.

I suspected this scene was coming because someone spoiled it from the comics, where I guess a similar act was carried out right around the time of the fair. Heads on spikes thing.

I had no issue with the episode. I liked the speech at the beginning by Ezekiel and could almost feel something horrible was going to happen due to rule number seven in TWD:

7. When things are going great people die right after the montage and nice music

Now for the culling choices...Tara, Enid and Henry were the main ones, everyone else was canon fodder to pad out the horror show. Did I miss anyone?

The only real problem I had was that Alpha and Daryl seemed to hammer out a pact (post horror show display) about geography. She had already pretty much ruined that considering what they're going to find. Why would Alpha go to those lengths, only to potentially screw up any deal made? Cwazy?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    We have to assume Alpha had her crew nearby because there's no way she gets control over 10 people without help.

I suspected this scene was coming because someone spoiled it from the comics, where I guess a similar act was carried out right around the time of the fair. Heads on spikes thing.

I had no issue with the episode. I liked the speech at the beginning by Ezekiel and could almost feel something horrible was going to happen due to rule number seven in TWD:

7. When things are going great people die right after the montage and nice music

Now for the culling choices...Tara, Enid and Henry were the main ones, everyone else was canon fodder to pad out the horror show. Did I miss anyone?

The only real problem I had was that Alpha and Daryl seemed to hammer out a pact (post horror show display) about geography. She had already pretty much ruined that considering what they're going to find. Why would Alpha go to those lengths, only to potentially screw up any deal made? Cwazy?
    I didn't know it was coming, when I see people discussing the comics, even though there are differences between them and the show, I avoid the discussion like the plague. Some people that read the comic books seem to get off on spoiling the show for no reason (same issue with Game of Thrones too). I hate spoilers and I don't want to see them. If I'm warned and see them, that's on me, but when some jackass just starts ruining things because they get off on it, it makes me want to puth their head on a pike.

In reference to your comment about Daryl and Alpha....they seemed to be alone, she already said that his friends had been released and would be waiting for him. Why the fuck didn't he just try and overpower her and kill her? He could have wrestled that shotgun away from her, his hands weren't bound. That was just dumb. He could have at the very least pushed her over the edge of the cliff. Sloppy writing IMHO.

And I still don't care, the Whisperers are not scary in the least, no matter how much they try and make them out to be. And Beta with his Christian Bale "I'm Batman" voice is comical, not scary.

And even if she (Alpha) had some of her crew there, I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they could overpower 10 separate people and sneak them out alive without anyone seeing or hearing something.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I didn't know it was coming, when I see people discussing the comics, even though there are differences between them and the show, I avoid the discussion like the plague. Some people that read the comic books seem to get off on spoiling the show for no reason (same issue with Game of Thrones too). I hate spoilers and I don't want to see them. If I'm warned and see them, that's on me, but when some jackass just starts ruining things because they get off on it, it makes me want to puth their head on a pike.

In reference to your comment about Daryl and Alpha....they seemed to be alone, she already said that his friends had been released and would be waiting for him. Why the fuck didn't he just try and overpower her and kill her? He could have wrestled that shotgun away from her, his hands weren't bound. That was just dumb. He could have at the very least pushed her over the edge of the cliff. Sloppy writing IMHO.

And I still don't care, the Whisperers are not scary in the least, no matter how much they try and make them out to be. And Beta with his Christian Bale "I'm Batman" voice is comical, not scary.

And even if she (Alpha) had some of her crew there, I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they could overpower 10 separate people and sneak them out alive without anyone seeing or hearing something.
    I was thinking Daryl should have nudged her off that cliff too. I guess we're supposed to understand that The Whisperers have this HUGE crew, which brings up another question - Alpha said her people were down in that giant herd of walkers guiding them. Which I can kinda sorta believe. Question then - How did they recruit so many people to become Whisperers? They have enough people to take down all of the good guys we know? I know I wouldn't want to be a skin wearing, worm eating Whisperer

Podcast I listen to has the comic book zone which appears at the end, complete with warning. It was my bad in that case wanting to hear to some info. I'm in part responsible (by name) for them creating that segment on the podcast because I bitched like a gay man finding sand in the vaseline over something minor they revealed in the past

Same podcast has the guy who hates Henry and I can hardly wait to hear his take on this. He let us know that Henry has appeared in almost every episode this season, while people like Daryl and Michonne got limited time in the first half of the season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This episode was weird in a way that they seemed to introduce and/or bring back some very minor characters just to kill them for shock value? The couple at the beginning. The girl that had a crush (?) on Henry. The red haired girl that I don't remember seeing before that asked Henry if he was lost. One of the teenage boys from many episodes back that came over to taunt Lydia. I think they could have just left it with Enid, Henry, Tara, and the blacksmith's wife (can't remember her name) and that would have been gory enough.

The writing on this show is very sloppy at times and they leave Discovery sized plot holes in it sometimes because of it.

Some of the heads on the pikes I didn't recognize/ remember. There were 10 of them, the 7 I named off abpve, I think the leader of the Highwaymen was on there, which makes 8...I guess that's how poorly they chose the people that were getting killed off, because I can't remember/or don't recognize the other two that I'm missing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This episode was weird in a way that they seemed to introduce and/or bring back some very minor characters just to kill them for shock value? The couple at the beginning. The girl that had a crush (?) on Henry. The red haired girl that I don't remember seeing before that asked Henry if he was lost. One of the teenage boys from many episodes back that came over to taunt Lydia. I think they could have just left it with Enid, Henry, Tara, and the blacksmith's wife (can't remember her name) and that would have been gory enough.

The writing on this show is very sloppy at times and they leave Discovery sized plot holes in it sometimes because of it.

Some of the heads on the pikes I didn't recognize/ remember. There were 10 of them, the 7 I named off abpve, I think the leader of the Highwaymen was on there, which makes 8...I guess that's how poorly they chose the people that were getting killed off, because I can't remember/or don't recognize the other two that I'm missing.
    Yeah I may have to find a recap to get the list of heads.

They did do what you mention just for effect it seems. Bring back the kids Henry hung out with, show Brett Butler again (blacksmith's wife), make sure Enid got a line or two.

List so far:

Tara
    Enid
    Henry
    Red haired teen girl
    Teen girl with glasses who liked Henry
    Ozzy - highway men leader
    Brett Butler
    (2) Random couple at beginning

That's nine if I have this right

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There's a commenter on the podcast site who hates Tara with a passion. His comments are always hilarious because he despises her so much. He would even make comments when she didn't appear in an episode

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

They did do what you mention just for effect it seems. Bring back the kids Henry hung out with, show Brett Butler again (blacksmith's wife), make sure Enid got a line or two.

List so far:

Tara
    Enid
    Henry
    Red haired teen girl
    Brett Butler

Wait a sec

Didn't the two teen guys who harassed Lydia end up on spikes too?

That would be 11...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

List so far:

Tara
    Enid
    Henry
    Red haired teen girl
    Brett Butler

Was the couple that was killed at the very beginning on the pikes? If they were, that's all 10 then.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There's a commenter on the podcast site who hates Tara with a passion. His comments are always hilarious because he despises her so much. He would even make comments when she didn't appear in an episode
    She's not the greatest character on the show, but far from the worst. Why does he hate her so much?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wait a sec

Didn't the two teen guys who harassed Lydia end up on spikes too?

That would be 11...
    It was only one of the teen boys that harassed Lydia.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From Forbes:

"But many viewers struggled to recognize some of these victims, and even the big names among them felt largely like secondary characters. To recap, here were the victims of Alpha's monstrous retribution:

Ozzy
    Highwayman second-in-command
    DJ
    Frankie
    Tammy Rose
    Addy
    Rodney
    Tara
    Enid
    Henry"

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Okay DJ is the Highway Men's second in command so Forbes screwed that up.

Frankie was a Negan wife survivor. (red haired and attractive...one of the teen girls?)

Tammy Rose is Brett Butler, blacksmith's wife.

Addy was girl with glasses who liked Henry.

Rodney was one of the teen boys.

Tara

Enid

Henry

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I think they fucked up by making it too hard to figure out who died...it loses some of the impact

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Okay I've got the list:

Left to right, top row first.

Ozzy, Alek, DJ, Frankie, Tammy Rose
    Adeline, Rodney, Tara, Enid, Henry

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)