Page 18 of 140 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I hate to say this, but this whole season so far has been pretty much a let down compared to the first season....it's turned in As the Zombie Turns....or the Guiding Zombie.

I sure hope when it comes back that it's better or this will be a show I will probably not continue watching.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    I hate to say this, but this whole season so far has been pretty much a let down compared to the first season....it's turned in As the Zombie Turns....or the Guiding Zombie.

I sure hope when it comes back that it's better or this will be a show I will probably not continue watching.
    I agree - they need more action

Thanks to Goofy for my sig

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Wow I thought that was a fantastic episode.

Holy shit is Shane ever crazy But taking zombies for a walk on a leash.... just starting to see how flawed our hero is too That's why it's such a good show.

Interestingly we're up to about 3-4 major changes in the show as a result of Sophia being dead already!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Wow I thought that was a fantastic episode.

Holy shit is Shane ever crazy But taking zombies for a walk on a leash.... just starting to see how flawed our hero is too That's why it's such a good show.

Interestingly we're up to about 3-4 major changes in the show as a result of Sophia being dead already!
    It was only a meh episode up until the last scene, and even that only brought it up to an okay episode for me

I just read an interview with one of the writers for the show and he was all proud of that 'twist' at the end and how nobody saw it coming...

Um, hello, everybody saw it coming and nobody really thought Sophia was still alive. The only thing that may be a twist (for me anyhoo) is this....did Herschel know that Sophia was in the barn and if so, did he assume/know that was the same little girl that they were all looking for? It would make sense of Herschel trying to convince Rick to think of the walkers as people still and that they were only "sick" and could possibly be cured.

Or that could just be how Herschel genuinely feels because he had friends/relatives in the barn and he had no idea that the little zombie girl in the bar was Sophia.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    From a site that re-caps the episodes:

And then it happened: The moment that redefined The Walking Dead, if only because it proved that the show is defiantly willing to go there when it has to. One last walker emerged from the barn. It was a small walker. A child. A girl. Motherf---ing Sophia. Just like that, the entire main plotline of this half-season was proven to be pointless. Just like that, all of the various hopeful conversations about Sophia -- Daryl's angelic soliloquies about pretty flowers, Carl's constant assertions that Sophia will love life on the farm, Rick's insistence that Sophia was alive -- suddenly looked bleakly hilarious in hindsight. They were never going to find Sophia. Daryl almost died for nothing. The moment she left the highway back in the season premiere, she signed her death warrant. Shane was right all along.
    Why do people think that having zombie Sophia coming out of the barn was so shocking? To me this was a horribly telegraphed end result...I dunno, maybe I just expect more from this show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was genuinely surprised that Sophia turned out to be a zombie. That's a big shift from the comic because Sophia doesn't die. It makes me wonder what impact a growing child had on the story line since obviously real time moves faster than time in the show. If you watched Lost you may remember the little black kid who had some sort of 'special ability' and an interesting backstory that they basically had to get rid of after the first or second season because of the writers strike and the fact that he grew up too fast for the show to justify it. I wonder what problems they may have filming Rick's son going forward. I agree though, that was a pretty boring episode until the last 15 minutes considering it was the mid season finale. Now we have to wait until mid-Feb.

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Joebob, and I'm being really serious in this question, you really didn't think Sofia was zombified/dead by this point?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    Joebob, and I'm being really serious in this question, you really didn't think Sofia was zombified/dead by this point?
    no I really didn't because A.) it's a big difference from the comic and B.) like that quote you used earlier said, since the Sophia search was the focus of the whole season so far I really didn't think it would end up with her being dead because it makes this whole season so far kind of a waste. I thought they would use it as sort of a jumping off point, like she was captured by a different group and now they have to leave the farm and get her back or something like that.

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well, more than once it has been pointed out that this doesn't follow the comic (never read the comic, never will....only reason I know is because peeps like you and GF have pointed it out), so just because she doesn't die in the comic doesn't mean she wouldn't die in the show. Didn't one of you guys say that in the comic Shane dies early on-ish? Yet he's still alive on the show and a huge part of the plot.

As for the whole season (so far) being the "Search for Sophia" I think they made her a zombie to exactly make the whole thing a waste and pointless. I think they were going for irony here, but that's just my thoughts on it. I fully expected her to be a zombie, so I wasn't surprised she was in the barn.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was split on her being a zombie. I just hadn't thought about it enough to put two and two together and figure our she was in the barn I thought that was great. You just knew that Rick was the one that would have to shoot her too.

Lance how come you wouldn't consider reading the comic? I promise it's far more enjoyable than the tv series! It's the first and only graphic novel I've ever read and I couldn't put it down, was up late into the night for days
    Last edited by Godfather; 11-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you see the look on Herschel's face when Sophia stumbled out of the barn? Was it me or did he almost look smug? Maybe he was thinking, "Yeah, you had no problem shooting my zombified friends/family, but here's one of your own, now what?"

And then Rick puts one right in her head

Or was I just seeing things on Herschel's expression that just weren't there?

And like I mentioned earlier, my next big question is, did Herschel know that the little girl in the barn was the same girl Rick and company were searching for?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Lance how come you wouldn't consider reading the comic? I promise it's far more enjoyable than the tv series! It's the first and only graphic novel I've ever read and I couldn't put it down, was up late into the night for days
    Just no desire to is all

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'll have to watch that last scene again, I didn't notice Everyone just looked stunned and miserable to me

I get what you're saying about the episode being meh up until that point. I was basically half paying attention to the TV, and then Shane started freaking out and was just like What.is.happening.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Like I said, maybe I was just seeing something that wasn't there