Page 21 of 140 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    I guess I'm alone on the farm holiday.I enjoyed the change of pace and believe that little outlets of humanity would exist in that world.Otherwise it would be the same weekly attack of zombies on the interstate or in a city, rinse/repeat.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    thing is we know thres some form of 'civilisation' somewhere.......remember the helicopter in episode 2 series 1?

They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well. The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I'm afraid TWD is suffering from Craprica disease....the only thing saving it thus far for me is the first season which kicked ass, which Craprica never had. Now it has devolved into a run of the mill, bland, boring drama with an occasional zombie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    I'm afraid TWD is suffering from Craprica disease....the only thing saving it thus far for me is the first season which kicked ass, which Craprica never had. Now it has devolved into a run of the mill, bland, boring drama with an occasional zombie.

Glimmer of hope: Remember, the creative force behind the show basically imploded and was replaced between the two seasons...give them time and hope that the 'second half of the second season' is better.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like what happened on the farm....I call it Post Apocalyptic Restructuring of Morals.

What are the new rules? Who do we follow and listen to? What happens when the new rules break down?

The farm eps are symbolic of that.Trying to regain civilization and civilized actions, when the whole world has gone to shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Frank Darabont's epic, rejected plan for 'Walking Dead' season 2 revealed?

by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

Frank Darabont’s unceremonious exit from AMC’s The Walking Dead left many fans wondering what season 2 would have been like had he remained the showrunner.

Well, ParanormalPopCulture and AintItCool have apparently nailed down Darabont’s original plan for the season 2 premiere. And, if true, it was a fantastic idea. But so far, Darabont’s office, AMC and Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman all refuse to comment on these reports, which include a letter purportedly from Darabont himself. So there may be more news to come on this subject…

The opener allegedly flashbacks to the early days of the zombie apocalypse. The entire episode would have tracked a squad of Army Rangers dropping into Atlanta. They get trapped in a zombie outbreak. “All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from ‘the city is being secured’ to ‘holy shit, we’ve lost control, the world is ending,’” Darabont describes in a letter to AICN. So, yeah — Black Hawk Down with zombies.

Along the way, the soldiers encounter some familiar faces from the show. “Picture our squad arriving at a manned barricade where some civilians are being held back from leaving the city on shoot-to-kill orders to stop the spread of contagion, it’s a panicked high-intensity scene, and in this crowd of desperate people we find Andrea and Amy. The barricade gunners panic, the civilians start to get mowed down by machine-gun fire, and in this melee the girls get pulled to safety by some old guy they don’t even know. It’s Dale. He’s nobody to them, just some guy who saw the opportunity to do the right thing and reacted in the moment.”

The end of the episode concludes with the last surviving member of the squad, now infected and dying, hiding in a tank. A very familiar tank…

“After the soldier dies this squalid, lonely death … and after a quiet lapse of time … we do a shot-for-shot reprise from the first episode of the first season: Rick comes scrambling into the tank to escape the horde … blows that zombie soldier’s brains out … now Rick’s trapped … fade out … the end.

The notion was to take the ‘throwaway’ tank zombie Rick encountered in the pilot, and tell that soldier’s story. Make him the star of his own movie, follow his journey, but don’t reveal who he is until the end. The idea being that every zombie has a story…”

Darabont compared the plan to the way Lost would occasionally break format with a “wild card” episode. Then Episode 2 would pick up back with Rick and the other survivors.

Darabont doesn’t say why the team jettisoned this episode, but there’s a few obvious guesses: It’s expensive and not essential to the story. But of those two, the potential cost issue is likely to get to the most attention from fans. Squabbles over budget were one reported reason Darabont was booted, though AMC has assured viewers wouldn’t really notice a qualitative difference. After all, it’s not like season 2 has taken place entirely on a freakin’ farm or anything … right?

Over on Paranormal, the actor who played the tank zombie, Sam Witwer, blamed budget worries for cutting the story.”This is all because people wanted to save money,” Witwer said. “This is all because they felt it necessary to cut the budget by — when you add in the tax breaks they’re pocketing — like 35 percent. Really? Budget cut? So, I’m not happy about it. And here’s the thing, it’s not as simple as don’t support The Walking Dead because there are a lot of good people on that set. People who are busting ass to entertain all of us … People who have been threatened to not speak out over what happened. It’s ugly … it’s really ugly what happened.”

If you’re fan, I recommend you click over to AICN to read Darabont’s letter in full. Witwer’s interview is here (the actor describes the Atlanta battle as a potential Web series, Darabont corrects that description). Check back on this post and we’ll update if more clarity become available.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    was gonna say....that tank thing sounded familiar

It would have been a great episode.I like the idea of the army thinking that they just have to contain a virus or similar and then the zombies kick ass!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    was gonna say....that tank thing sounded familiar

It would have been a great episode.I like the idea of the army thinking that they just have to contain a virus or similar and then the zombies kick ass!
    I agree, I wish they would have done that episode

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Damn that sounds unreal, wish they'd made it.

Can't believe we still have to wait another month for a new episode. How stupid

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    All I can say is that when the new episodes return, there better be a little more action/adventure and a whole lot less As The Zombie Turns crap story lines

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The farm was a wonderful subplot that illustrated the frailty of the human condition after a calamity.I loved it and hope that there's more

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    All I can say is that when the new episodes return, there better be a little more action/adventure and a whole lot less As The Zombie Turns crap story lines

Or what?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Or what?
    Or I'm done with the show, it has become, in a word, BORING....and also, predictable.

Too much other good stuff on TV to waste time watching what has become a glorified soap opera with an occasional zombie thrown in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Here's a preview scene from next season:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...4-d3601b3e5aaf

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's baaaaaaaack this Sunday, I wonder who they'll spend the whole season looking for this time?

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."