Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Maybe PCS could give us a little insight as to what the show is about?

I love Mr Repost, helps my Alzheimer's

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Man, what a prick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    finally someone died

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Man, what a prick.
    No kidding....I didn't really see that one coming

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    No kidding....I didn't really see that one coming
    Really? Because I was entirely frustrated with how telegraphed it was, I can't believe anyone didn't see that coming.

Just like in Breaking Bad, (vague to be friendly) when the guy stepped out after that thing happened, it was obvious what was going on in the 'other half' (see! safe for all to read).

Both things were so obvious that it made the actual moment it happened rather...not shocking. Look, either I'm just incredibly in sync with what the show is doing, or, more likely, it's being done with a little lack of subtlety.

And that frustrates me.
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I knew Shane's moral compass was a bit off when he was sleeping with his partner's wife, but I didn't think it was that off. I mean, yeah the world has changed and you have to adjust to survive, but damn man, Otis was trying to do right by the boy and Shane served him up like a lunchlady at a buffet line.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    Really? Because I was entirely frustrated with how telegraphed it was, I can't believe anyone didn't see that coming.

Just like in Breaking Bad, (vague to be friendly) when the guy stepped out after that thing happened, it was obvious what was going on in the 'other half' (see! safe for all to read).

Both things were so obvious that it made the actual moment it happened rather...not shocking. Look, either I'm just incredibly in sync with what the show is doing, or, more likely, it's being done with a little lack of subtlety.

And that frustrates me.
    I knew Shane's moral compass was a bit off when he was sleeping with his partner's wife, but I didn't think it was that off. I mean, yeah the world has changed and you have to adjust to survive, but damn man, Otis was trying to do right by the boy and Shane served him up like a lunchlady at a buffet line.
    Exactly...it was obvious that something happened out there, but not cold blooded pre-meditated murder. That was just stone cold evil.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly...it was obvious that something happened out there, but not cold blooded pre-meditated murder. That was just stone cold evil.
    To use your own argument against you though, you said in the Breaking Bad thread that Walter wasn't evil because he was killing to look out for himself and his family.

By that definition, neither is this guy. He killed to save his own ass and get the medicine to the kid. He DID stop to rip that shit off the dude, when he could have just ran away straight out.

I still say Walter is evil, evil, evil. Shane did something in the heat of the moment that was flat out evil, but is he, is he actually evil??? Time will tell.

And I'm still pissed they made it all so obvious!
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Very cool they're going a COMPLETELY different direction than the books... I'm left guessing. Very good episode.

All the same, if they wanted to just invent their own everything, change characters, add new ones, make up story arks... why didn't they just create an original series I know it's a tired nerd complaint.

What I expected was (big spoiler)....

Otis to live for a while. He is supposed to become a rapist who Rick catches and then pummels the shit out of, disfiguring his hand in the process. And Shane is already supposed to be dead for being an evil SOB
    Last edited by Godfather; 11-01-2011 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What bothered me most about that scene was the why...Shane hobbled Otis and then just ran off (I assume to the vehicle). Why couldn't they both make it without the dramatic bullet count, useless shots fired and discussion?

Unless Shane had to offer up a sacrifice to ensure his getaway.Didn't seem that way to me tho.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

Unless Shane had to offer up a sacrifice to ensure his getaway.Didn't seem that way to me tho.
    I think that's why he did it

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob034 View Post
    I think that's why he did it
    I kinda got that part but what I'm saying is that the scene played out like they both could of made it...without the human shield bit

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I kinda got that part but what I'm saying is that the scene played out like they both could of made it...without the human shield bit
    I dunno, they were both a bit lame and couldn't move very fast and the zombie horde did seem to be gaining on them

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I dunno, they were both a bit lame and couldn't move very fast and the zombie horde did seem to be gaining on them
    I guess the scene played into a pet peeve of mine for TV and movies.They have time to have a discussion or a meaningful exchange of glances....and then all of a sudden time's out!!!!

Pet peeve, subsection B - Someone is walking on a tightrope lit on fire with rockets being shot at them and another character says about halfway --- Be careful Jim!

it kills me

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What bothered me most about that scene was the why...Shane hobbled Otis and then just ran off (I assume to the vehicle). Why couldn't they both make it without the dramatic bullet count, useless shots fired and discussion?

Well the premise was that Shane made the 'sacrifice' in order to guarantee his own getaway.

But, you hit upon part of my problem...all the talk about exact numbers of bullets, the hobbled running, the fast moving zombies...while to some degree necessary to frame the impending action with some pretext to defend it, still made his shooting the other guy completely obvious before it happened and in a way ruined the 'surprise' for me.

OH, but one thing is massively unclear...can someone please help me with this? I forget his name, but the older guy who drives the Winnebago, why did he crawl down off the roof and walk off the road a bit? What did I miss there?
    Behold my signature~!!

Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!