Thread: ain't this the truth

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    8 tracks are nothing

When I was in Jr High, one of my friends parents had a reel-to-reel set up, now that's old school

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Yeah, we had one of those..8mm iirc, but, I wasn't allowed to mess with it....Something about my inate ability to make things fall apart just by looking at them....(Somehow, girl's clothes were always resistant to this ability though)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This band was on TV the other day and my mom said "I like them maybe I should buy their tape." I said "yeah sure why not all you have to do is go back to 1994."

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    vinyl players are expensive these days too! still play a bunch of vinyl every now and then
    I got a loan of my mates 'Never Mind the Bollocks' LP....... sounds fucking epic on vinyl!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Yeah, we had one of those..8mm iirc, but, I wasn't allowed to mess with it....Something about my inate ability to make things fall apart just by looking at them....(Somehow, girl's clothes were always resistant to this ability though)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post

makes you think what else will be over looked as times moves on
    I love it

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I love it

What do you know about this??

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    this reminded me of my brothers fb status the other day, his 8yo asked him if everything was in black and white when he was her age and couldnt believe mobiles and laptops wernt around then.

hes only 35

apologies for teh poor spelling and grammar. Engrish isn’t this users strong point!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    What do you know about this??
    I'm not that young... oddly enough my boss was surprised I was old enough for VHS and cassettes. But I had audio-books for my Sony Walkman when I was young, before I got a CD players with 3 seconds of anti-skip

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    this reminded me of my brothers fb status the other day, his 8yo asked him if everything was in black and white when he was her age and couldnt believe mobiles and laptops wernt around then.

hes only 35
    I had a disposable camera that I wanted to use up a few years back so I took a picture of my niece who was like 3 or 4 at the time. After I took the picture she was like "can I see?" and I had to explain to her that it wasn't that type of camera. She didn't really get it, she just thought that all cameras were digital cameras.

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob034 View Post
    This band was on TV the other day and my mom said "I like them maybe I should buy their tape." I said "yeah sure why not all you have to do is go back to 1994."
    My wife was on a "haunted" tour of downtown, the old lady giving the tour made a comment about one of the houses, of how the "CD just flew out of the tape deck, and across the room"

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    8 tracks are nothing

When I was in Jr High, one of my friends parents had a reel-to-reel set up, now that's old school
    I have (had) a portable reel to reel recorder.It's blue and weighs about 30 pounds.I used the same tape over and over and over because my folks didn't have very much money raising 3 kids.

Still....it was pretty fookin cool listening both ways on it and making recordings when we were lads

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    My wife was on a "haunted" tour of downtown, the old lady giving the tour made a comment about one of the houses, of how the "CD just flew out of the tape deck, and across the room"
    We still have an 8 track player and it shoots out The Partridge Family tape every time we throw it in

(Dave Cassidy's solo album stays in for some reason)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I have (had) a portable reel to reel recorder.It's blue and weighs about 30 pounds.I used the same tape over and over and over because my folks didn't have very much money raising 3 kids.

Still....it was pretty fookin cool listening both ways on it and making recordings when we were lads
    Dunno if I ever saw a mini one...what size were the reels? The one my buddy's dad had was the full-sized one hooked into the hi-fi set. We weren't allowed anywhere near it

My buddy's dad was an optometrist, so they had quite a bit of money....they always had all the newest and most expensive stuff.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    Dunno if I ever saw a mini one...what size were the reels? The one my buddy's dad had was the full-sized one hooked into the hi-fi set. We weren't allowed anywhere near it

My buddy's dad was an optometrist, so they had quite a bit of money....they always had all the newest and most expensive stuff.
    The reels were smaller than the regular ones for sure, I don't know the dimensions.The whole unit was quite heavy (being a kid) but very unique.My Dad worked at a seismic place that used BASF tape for all of it's analog records and he brought it home for me