Page 203 of 303 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4542

Thread: What's the last thing you bought?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    What wasn't?

Here's the list of things that I had to fix/replace/went wrong with the Tacoma that didn't on either of my 2 Ford Rangers that preceded it (even though the Tacoma was $6000 more than the most expensive Ranger I bought):

Battery
    Both headlights
    Both front turn signals
    Front shocks
    Heater/AC fan work only intermittently
    Key fob only working sometimes to lock/unlock doors
    Lights burned out on dashboard

Granted, some of these are relatively minor, but when you hear all the hype about Toyota and you spend $30K on a vehicle, you expect quality. Both my Rangers were older when I got rid of them and had more miles and experienced none of the above issues. So, before something else went wrong, I finally had enough headaches with the Tacoma. I'll never buy another one again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    The ranger is coming back! I'm stoked about that... there aren't any actual small/mid sized trucks on the market anymore. The Tacoma has been huuuuge for years now. I remember wanting a late 90's one so badly because of their rep and great size. My Dad has one now, nice vehicle but the fucker doesn't fit in their garage

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Its a nice truck, but not that reliable

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Ruger AR556.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/produc...56/models.html

The gun show had about 3 vendors selling them and they were asking way too much for them. I estimate I overpaid for the one I got by about $50 or $60, but I'm considering it a convenience fee since they're so scarce locally. 1 vendor wanted $699 for it unaltered which I thought was ridiculous, so I bought it from another vendor who was charging the same for it but threw in a quad rail and a telescoping foregrip. He had others with scopes but he was asking for an extra $100 for the ones with the scopes and I figured I could get a scope for cheaper online. The third guy wanted $850 for the one he had and his had a quad rail, a telescoping foregrip, and a scope.

The gun show was a joke overall. Maybe 5 gun vendors all asking way too much for their firearms. The mags were all overpriced. The ammo was overpriced and there wasn't a whole lot in terms of real quality there either. The holsters were all shit. The knives were overpriced.

Anyway, I've finished buying what I was after. I have what I ultimately set out to get when I started this. I have ideas for other things that I might be interested in, but they can wait a year or two. As far as I'm concerned, with respect to gun acquisitions, I'm done.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (10-29-2016), Griffin (10-30-2016), RBP (10-29-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    God it's sexy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    God you're sexy.
    Thanks, stud.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I caved and bought Battlefield 1 on PC.

It's really fucking good. Haven't played video games in a few months but I was up till 3am last night playing the campaign. The online game has a new mode too which is really great, kind of a dynamic battlefield that moves depending on how prior games have gone which is super immersive.

Graphics are incredible too, but now I'm wanting to upgrade my 3 year old graphics card

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Ruger AR556.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/produc...56/models.html

The gun show had about 3 vendors selling them and they were asking way too much for them. I estimate I overpaid for the one I got by about $50 or $60, but I'm considering it a convenience fee since they're so scarce locally. 1 vendor wanted $699 for it unaltered which I thought was ridiculous, so I bought it from another vendor who was charging the same for it but threw in a quad rail and a telescoping foregrip. He had others with scopes but he was asking for an extra $100 for the ones with the scopes and I figured I could get a scope for cheaper online. The third guy wanted $850 for the one he had and his had a quad rail, a telescoping foregrip, and a scope.

The gun show was a joke overall. Maybe 5 gun vendors all asking way too much for their firearms. The mags were all overpriced. The ammo was overpriced and there wasn't a whole lot in terms of real quality there either. The holsters were all shit. The knives were overpriced.

Anyway, I've finished buying what I was after. I have what I ultimately set out to get when I started this. I have ideas for other things that I might be interested in, but they can wait a year or two. As far as I'm concerned, with respect to gun acquisitions, I'm done.
    The local shop to me had the 556 on sale for $599.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Ruger AR556.
    Welcome to the AR club!

Now if you haven't done so already, separate the upper and lower halves by pulling the 2 pins. It's simple to do and you have to do it for cleaning so it's good maintenance practice.
    After that you can shop for other uppers in many configurations and calibers to easily swap onto the one lower that you have already bought.

... lego toys for big boys.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-30-2016)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    The local shop to me had the 556 on sale for $599.
    I paid $700. I won't lie, I feel I overpaid a little. I know I overpaid a little. But a lot of online shops are charging $700 or more, as ridiculous as that is. The majority of the ones that are charging lower prices are sold out. If I had bought the rifle online at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, it would have been $620 + the $20 FFL transfer fee that my local store charges. That was the lowest I could find that actually had it in stock. Mine had the quad rail and telescoping foregrip added on. So $640 + around $40 for the quad rail + around $20 for the foregrip (being generous here), and that would come to $700. I'm oversimplifying, really. If my local store had it in stock, they would have charged me $609 for it, but they were sold out and they told me that the rifles were allocated, so it doesn't seem like they would be in stock any time soon. I wanted to get it before the election. If she wins, people will panic buy, and then prices will jump through the roof. I would have done the quad rail and foregrip in the future anyway, so any money I overpaid, I consider it a minor inconvenience. In any case, I have what I was after. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I just need to get a cleaning kit/boresnake, some extra mags (Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has Gen M2 30 round Pmags on sale with a bulk buy discount... 3 or more for $10 each), and some ammo (Cabelas has some on sale, plus they have 12 gauge slugs and 00 bs that I can't get locally. Just need to buy $99 worth for free shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Welcome to the AR club!

Now if you haven't done so already, separate the upper and lower halves by pulling the 2 pins. It's simple to do and you have to do it for cleaning so it's good maintenance practice. After that you can shop for other uppers in many configurations and calibers to easily swap onto the one lower that you have already bought.

... lego toys for big boys.
    Thanks, Grif. I'll take care of all of that later. Right now, I'm too damn tired. And I just wanna watch baseball.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 10-30-2016 at 01:34 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Everything's more expensive up in Canada. Back in the 90s, one of my uncles bought for me the Band of Gypsies CD for my birthday while he was in Toronto on a business trip. He paid close to $35 for it, taking the exchange rates at the time into consideration. I could have gotten it for $13 - $15 locally. Of course, I didn't bitch about it back then. Hendrix is priceless. It was a pretty awesome birthday gift.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 10-30-2016 at 12:56 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Everything's more expensive up in Canada. Back in the 90s, one of my uncles bought for me the Band of Gypsies CD for my birthday while he was in Toronto on a business trip. He paid close to $35 for it, taking the exchange rates at the time into consideration. I could have gotten it for $13 - $15 locally. Of course, I didn't bitch about it back then. Hendrix is priceless. It was a pretty awesome birthday gift.
    Yep. For a few years there in the 2000's we were on parity and even then things were a bit more expensive. Now that the dollar is wayyy down, it's become very evident again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    About $50 of 5.56 Nato, and $50 of 12 gauge 2.75" slugs. 3 PMag gen M2 30 rounders and a .223 boresnake.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    3 more 30 round Pmags. When I get them I'll have 7 in total just like my semi-auto handguns. I'd rather get them now in case the bitch wins on Tuesday and the sellers all jack the prices up to take advantage of the panic rush.