Page 212 of 303 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4542

Thread: What's the last thing you bought?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Upgrades are always fun. I had planned on doing so with the squier, but gave it to my nephew, and bought the MiM strat. It came with custom shop Texas specials, so doubt I'd do much to it really.only thing I can really think of is upgrading the treMelo if I ever start using the bar. Same with the LTD. It came with demarzio pups, so not much I'd do. I would like to find some of the old style tuners with the greenish handles though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    You can put Fender or Sperzel locking tuners on the MIM (they're worth the cost), maybe switch out the nut if you're so inclined. If you have a plastic nut on it, it's certainly upgradeable. I have a graphite nut on mine, but I was thinking about getting something else lately. The trem bridge can definitely be upgraded, but you may need to do a little routing to get a new one to fit. I was considering getting the Fender American Series tremolo for mine, but I'm scared of doing that sort of thing without experience. I'm gonna need to find a cheap ass Squier to try out some hardcore alterations on before digging into my go-to guitar. You can certainly replace the bridge saddles without replacing the entire trem bridge. You can't do much better than the custom shop Texas Special pups. I was actually thinking about buying a set and throwing them in mine. I've got 90's era Lace Sensors in mine, and I hate them. If you check the quality of the pots and the capacitor, you may be able to upgrade them, but you're not really going to see a noticeable difference unless they're really shot. Even then, a good cleaning might be all that's needed. Oddly enough the better CTS pots and various named capacitors are relatively cheap. Some people say replacing the electrical wire and redoing the solder points might help, but I guess it would only help if the wires were really ratty. You can shield the electronics cavities with copper tape with conductive adhesive. You can upgrade the output jack with a Switchcraft output jack. Everybody says they're better.

That's pretty much everything, unless you want to install Strap-locks, which is pretty much a no-brainer if you're going to start playing live. It sucks to be playing and your strap comes lose and you drop your guitar. They're easy though.

You could get a new neck for it, but that'll run you about $200-$250.

And you could always wire shit differently, but you'd need to find some wiring diagrams to do what you want.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 02-20-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-20-2017)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts

got one of these ordered for my not sure why but enjoy gadgets so for £50 it might be fun for biking and underwater holiday shots , who knows

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redred For This Useful Post:

KevinD (03-12-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Friday mothafuckaaas we made it! Thank fuck that week is over, I was homicidal by Tuesday and suicidal by Thursday. Thank fuck it's Friday.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Friday mothafuckaaas we made it! Thank fuck that week is over, I was homicidal by Tuesday and suicidal by Thursday. Thank fuck it's Friday.

How much did that cost?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just my soul

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-11-2017)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Finally going to scrap that old WDTV box I've had for a million years that WD refuses to support. This is supposed to be one bad motherfucker.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (03-13-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    New casters for the chair. A car wash. A haircut.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A new toilet seat.

These things would break a whole lot less if the bottom of the seat made contact with the bowl ceramic completely. In other words, if the seat didn't have those cheap pieces of plastic separating the seat from the bowl. But no....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

redred (03-18-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Finally going to scrap that old WDTV box I've had for a million years that WD refuses to support. This is supposed to be one bad motherfucker.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv/
    That's sweet, can it stream from Steam?

I love PC gaming but my wife misses the days when I'd game xbox and she'd fall asleep on the couch with me PC gaming much less social but the games are way better... been tempted to get something like this to stream my PC to my TV.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's sweet, can it stream from Steam?

I love PC gaming but my wife misses the days when I'd game xbox and she'd fall asleep on the couch with me PC gaming much less social but the games are way better... been tempted to get something like this to stream my PC to my TV.
    Looks like it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...4k-hdr-support

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-18-2017)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    drugs and rum

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    2017 calender featuring my Camaro as November car of the month. I was surprised as mine is pretty stock, and there are some seriously fast cars in the club.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

Pony (03-19-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A Boss TU-3 guitar tuner.

I had an old Sabine chromatic tuner from the 80s or 90s and the son of a bitch finally died on me. Seeing as how I wasn't blessed with perfect pitch, a guitar tuner is a necessity.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Had it for a few weeks now, figured it was time to upgrade the TV in the living room since the existing one is 7 years old now. Had it for almost a month now, took a chance on this brand as the price can't be beat, especially for a 4K in this size and with HDR. When I got it, it was on sale for $799 and I had a 10% off coupon from Best Buy for my birthday, so even with tax, it was less than $800 for a 65" TV.

Now I know Goof tried this brand and warned me about a few things, but I still decided to take a chance on it, plus the reviews for it are extremely positive even with it's few drawbacks. The biggest issue (which Goof mentioned) was the LED backlight "bleeding" when the picture is really dark, especially when you are in a dark room and watching it. Now, this is a fairly noticeable problem, but unless it's late at night and the room is completely dark, you don't really notice it as much. The sound is fantastic, don't even need external speakers or a sound bar. It upscales everything into 4K, and most things, especially anything newer, looks great, you really can't even tell it's been upscaled. But on older things, especially things that weren't recorded in at least HD, there is some degradation, but it's not to the point of being unwatchable.

All and all, I am really happy with the TV. The old TV it replaced was a Vizio and I took the chance on that little known brand back then and was extremely pleased with it. So far so good with this brand as well. Plus, considering that a 4K HDR TV in this size that would 'fix' the LED bleeding/truer dark colors would cost at least $1000 more, I'm pretty happy with what I have.