Page 302 of 303 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4542

Thread: What's the last thing you bought?

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    doing some xmas shopping and getting my traditional funny t-shirts for most people

found some good ones
    I'm only responsible for what I say
    Not what you understand

might get the WKRP Turkey Drop for ma and include it with her traditional $50 bottle of good wine
    dad's jokes are drier than melba toast, plan accordingly
    my younger brother is far more sarcastic than I am, hoping to find some quote from the old guy in christmas vacation or something
    I'll have to mail my son's out to him

I whisper WTF to myself at least 20 times a day

lol a fuggin Fugees t-shirt....raise your hand if you remember Lauren Hill back in the mid 90s saying she'd rather have black babies die of aids rather than have white people listen to her music
    Last edited by FBD; 11-25-2023 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    The Danelectro Backtalk reverse delay pedal. My Christmas present to myself. Total cost to me: a bunch of Amazon gift cards and about $18.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-02-2024), KevinD (12-31-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Fender Hammertone Reverb. It was a tossup between it and JHS series 3 reverb. I wanted a decent basic verb pedal as the verb in both my amps are a bit anemic.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-01-2024), FBD (01-02-2024), lost in melb. (12-31-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Fender Hammertone Reverb. It was a tossup between it and JHS series 3 reverb. I wanted a decent basic verb pedal as the verb in both my amps are a bit anemic.
    That's a pretty damn good verb pedal. Fender's been putting out some wicked pedals the past few years.

I've got the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator mk2 and am completely in love with it. I don't do much in the way of boutique pedals but that verb was completely worth the (discounted) cost that I paid for it.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 01-01-2024 at 04:25 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I fo wish it had a spring verb, but its not a necessity. I bought it with a gift card I was given by a vendor at work. Once I get home, I'm gonna finally put a board together and hook my amps up wet/dry. Next 2 pedals I want are a delay and a univibe.

All my pedals are pretty basic, but they work for me. Only one I haven't totally gotten along with is the JHS Bender fuzz. I think its mostly because I haven't really figured out to use it yet.

I'm jealous of your reverbarator. Lol
    Last edited by KevinD; 01-01-2024 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I fo wish it had a spring verb, but its not a necessity. I bought it with a gift card I was given by a vendor at work. Once I get home, I'm gonna finally put a board together and hook my amps up wet/dry. Next 2 pedals I want are a delay and a univibe.

All my pedals are pretty basic, but they work for me. Only one I haven't totally gotten along with is the JHS Bender fuzz. I think its mostly because I haven't really figured out to use it yet.

I'm jealous of your reverbarator. Lol
    I have a ton of delay pedals. Those and chorus pedals are my weakness. As far as vibes go, I own two: Digitech's Ventura Vibe and TC Electronic's Viscous Vibe. As far as I'm concerned, they're good enough for me. I don't think you can get the Digitech new anymore, but it should be available used. TC Electronic makes good pedals. I may pick up MXR's Univibe someday, but I have other fish to fry right now. As far as fuzz boxes go, I only have one, the EHX Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker. The only other one I'd want is the EHX Op Amp Big Muff to get that Smashing Pumpkins 90s sound. It's on my list but it's not a priority right now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Never seen a mass of pedals that didnt suck half the juice out of your signal. Do you do anything to mitigate that?

I remember asking this before but I dont recall if you did anything or if you were like nah its fine

(but to me, even the instrument cable matters and just about everything sucks some tone out, its all a matter of how much you're willing to tolerate)
    Last edited by FBD; 01-02-2024 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    picked up a cheapo ultrasonic toothbrush

fuckin a, almost like getting a dental cleaning every day it does so much better of a job than just a normal vibing toothbrush, nevermind the old school bristles on a stick

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post

fuckin a, almost like getting a dental cleaning every day it does so much better of a job than just a normal vibing toothbrush, nevermind the old school bristles on a stick
    Sonicare??

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Never seen a mass of pedals that didnt suck half the juice out of your signal. Do you do anything to mitigate that?

I remember asking this before but I dont recall if you did anything or if you were like nah its fine

(but to me, even the instrument cable matters and just about everything sucks some tone out, its all a matter of how much you're willing to tolerate)
    To buffer or not to buffer, that is the question. Or use a Boss pedal that uses a buffered bypass. Or get some better cables. Or all of the above. Or none of the above. It depends. Tone degradation can be a function of a shitty cable, or a really long cable, or a bunch of true bypass pedals, or a combination of all, or a really crappy electronics device too close to your rig. You'd have to experiment with your set up to figure out if you need a buffer pedal and if so, where in the signal chain it would be best to have it. I have a few cheapo buffers, but I rarely use them, since there's always at least one Boss pedal in my chain.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 01-03-2024 at 04:37 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-03-2024)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Sonicare??
    no like the cheapass Equate one that was like 35 bucks never tried one before and figured fuckit, cheap gamble. thumbs up!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-05-2024)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts

Soooo much better, I'll never go back. I used to get these stains on my front teeth a few months after my last dental cleaning and just figured that was how my teeth were. First time I tried an electric toothbrush, came right off Ended up buying them as gifts for all my family over the next year, actually makes a good gift.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-04-2024)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Soooo much better, I'll never go back. I used to get these stains on my front teeth a few months after my last dental cleaning and just figured that was how my teeth were. First time I tried an electric toothbrush, came right off Ended up buying them as gifts for all my family over the next year, actually makes a good gift.
    I've been using one of the electric vibrating ones for gotta be 7-8 years by now, the move to ultrasonic was arguably larger than reg to vibe

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP amp and the iDatalink AR module to interface with factory stereo headunit. The AR is normally $99, yhe amp is discontinued, but if you can find one, its around $400, so $500 for the set. $118 out the door.
    The AR is missing some cables, but that should be okay as I'd have to have the extended version of the cables anyway, as well as a Tee harness to plug into the factory system. Also need a dongle cable to program the AR. The DSP software from Kenwood no longer supports Android, but does for my work IPhone. Remaining parts should only be $100 or so. Ill start the installation next days off once parts arrive.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-13-2024)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I scarcely even notice that I never put a radio in my stang