Page 553 of 3231 FirstFirst ... 53 453 503 543 551 552 553 554 555 563 603 653 1053 1553 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 48465

Thread: Post a random picture

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

Oh, now I get it.

I was gonna have to look it up too....lol

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    you guys aren't familiar with on/off liquor stores?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I think liquor store is much simpler.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    guess it might be a minnesota thing

Licenses and Consumer Services – Alcohol Related License Definitions

I. Full Year Alcohol Establishments

Off-Sale 3.2 Beer: The sale of 3.2 beer in original packages in drugstores, general food stores and exclusive liquor stores for consumption off or away from the premises where sold. 3.2% malt liquor is malt liquor containing not less than .5% alcohol by volume or more than 3.2 % alcohol by weight. Examples: Grocery Store, Convenience Store, and/or Gas Station.

Off-Sale Liquor: The sale of liquor, wine or beer in original packages by exclusive liquor stores for consumption off of the premises. The main entrance of the establishment must be 2,000 feet away from the main entrance of any existing off-sale liquor establishment unless it is located in the B4 zoning district. Examples: Liquor Store and/or Wine Shop.

Off-Sale Malt Liquor (Growler): The sale of malt liquor in 64-ounce containers, commonly known as growlers, by a brewery licensed under Minnesota state statute 340A.301, for consumption off the premises. Effective August 2011, a food requirement may not be required for this license. A State of Minnesota Wholesaler's/Manufacturer's Intoxicating Liquor License is required. Brewers are limited to producing less than 3,500 barrels of malt liquor per year. Example: Microbrewery.

On-Sale 3.2 Beer*: The sale of 3.2 beer for consumption at the licensed premises. Examples: Beer Bar, Restaurant.

On-Sale Liquor*: The sale of liquor, wine or beer for consumption at the licensed premises. Examples: Bar, Tavern, Nightclub, Restaurant.

On-Sale Wine*: The sale of wine (with the option of beer) for consumption at a licensed premises. Example: Restaurant.

Taproom: A brewer (licensed under Minnesota Statute 340A.301) who sells for consumption malt liquor they produce on their premises. This license is exempt from maintaining minimum food service requirements.

*On-Sale Licenses include a food license.

II. Additional Liquor Licenses

Liquor Catering: On-sale liquor license holders with a State of Minnesota Liquor Catering Permit and a food catering permit may serve food and alcohol at private events. Examples include weddings, office parties, birthday parties, art gallery openings for a private guest list, etc.

* It is comparable to picking up your licensed premises and operating in that manner at another location.
    * You cannot leave alcohol where you are providing liquor catering services unless it is an open bottle of wine; that would fall into the off-sale license category.
    * You must make sure the event is private and not open to anyone walking in from the street.
    * You cannot use any alcohol other than your own that you purchased from a manufacturer or distributor.
    * You must notify Business Licenses at least 24 hours in advance of the event using the Event Notification Form.
    * You need to pay the event fee to Minneapolis Business Licenses only for events you cater in Minneapolis with alcohol.

Special All Night Bowling, Pool or Billiards: Any establishment with either a bowling or pool hall/billiard license and an on-sale liquor, wine, or beer license may apply to remain open to the public for up to 24 hours per day for games of bowling, pool and /or billiards. Establishments that do not sell beer, wine, or liquor are not eligible for this license.

Special Late Night Food: Any establishment with an on-sale liquor, wine, or beer license may apply to remain open for food service beyond authorized alcohol service hours. The on-sale establishment must have sales from food and nonalcoholic beverages equal to at least 60% of gross sales revenues. Meal service must be provided during the special late hours, and the menu must include at least four entrees, sandwiches, or other principal food items. The business must be open for eight continuous hours daily, except Sunday, in addition to the hours authorized by the special late hours food license. Nightclubs are not eligible for this license. Example: On-Sale Restaurant or Banquet Hall.

Temporary Expansion of License: License holders of on-sale liquor, wine, or 3.2 beer establishments may apply for a Temporary Expansion of License for:

1. premises that are directly adjacent and contiguous to their permanently licensed premises and/or
    2. entertainment not otherwise allowed under the establishment’s permanent license.

Individual establishments may be granted licenses for up to 12 days in any twelve month period which shall not exceed two (2) consecutive days per event. Example: Oktoberfest with live band and dancing in the parking lot.

* This is only available to Full Year Minneapolis On-Sale Alcohol license holders.
    * This may be used with a non-profit fundraiser.

III. Temporary On-Sale Alcohol Licenses

Temporary On-Sale 3.2 Beer: MCO authorizes this license only to a club or charitable, religious, or nonprofit organization not included within the term "bona fide" club as defined in Minneaplis Code of Ordinances, Section 360.10. No individual organization shall be granted this license more than four times per year or for more than 10 days. No more than 12 licenses shall be granted in any one calendar year at any location except for the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Parade Stadium. Minimum distance requirements from schools or churches (300 feet) do not apply to this license. Example: Fundraising events.

Temporary On-Sale Liquor and Temporary On-Sale Wine: Minnesota Statute 340A.404 authorizes this license only to a charitable, religious, or nonprofit corporation in existence for three years; a political committee registered under MN Statutes Sec. 10A.14; or a club as defined by MCO 360.10. Minimum distance requirements from schools or churches (300 feet) do not apply to this license. No organization shall be granted more than one temporary license for the sale of alcoholic beverages within any 30-day period. No organization shall be granted temporary licenses for more than 3 four-day events, 4 three-day events, 6 two-day events, 12 one-day events, or any combination that exceeds 12 days per calendar year. No more than 12 licenses shall be granted in any one calendar year at any location. Wine Tasting Events, as defined by Minnesota Statute 340A.418 are limited to four hours or less. Example: Fundraising events.

* Only non-profit organizations can apply for this license.
    * The non-profit applicant must contract with a Minneapolis On-Sale Liquor license holder to oversee alcohol service at the event and provide their establishment's liquor liability insurance.
    * This license may be used at many different locations in Minneapolis.
    * Donated alcohol, alcohol from a distributor or manufacturer, or retail alcohol may be used with this license.
    * There is no minimum requirement for food service.

Last updated Dec. 6, 2012

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    on sale - drink on site
    off sale - drink at home

some places here have on/off liquor sales. basically a bar with an ability to carry something home for later

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-21-2013)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thank you for the abbreviated version

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm actually curious as to whether this would work or not.

Aka 'The Fist'

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    I dont see why not, but Im sure there ends up being burning at some point

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's surrounded by water, so you wouldn't have to worry about a fire in the immediate area. It should have some sort of cage over it to minimize flying embers.
    Holding my own.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Richard Cranium (02-22-2013)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I dont see why not, but Im sure there ends up being burning at some point
    And that's what I'm wondering. How long and how hot would the fire have to burn until it became too hot at some point. Then again you're in a pool of water and you can always splash some water on the fire to cool it down.
    Aka 'The Fist'