Page 168 of 275 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4113

Thread: The NFL thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i can always find something else to do, i just know that i wont be planning on doing anything "special" for it (have people over, make a bunch of appetizers, etc).

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yt Trash View Post
    Can you tell who I put money on????
    Did the line stay at 7?

The GB betters won anyway...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    with this matchup, not sure i am actually going to watch the super bowl this year
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Me either, but given that it's the Super bowl, there won't be much else on TV. Unless a really good movie that I want to see is in the theaters, I'm kinda stuck.
    I wont be watching it either

I would watch it if you eejits would have it on a saturday instead of a sunday Normally starts about midnight sunday/monday my time, fuck that!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Did the line stay at 7?

The GB betters won anyway...
    I'm in a pool at work. There's about $1200. It started with a $25 buy in at wild card games, $5 every week after that, no buy backs. I'm still in it. There's about 9 left from about 35. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize money.

I also picked New England, the 9 who are left have picked the same teams the past 2 weeks so now we pick winner of super Bowl and scores on all four quarters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yt Trash For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-19-2015)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    So is Mike McCarthy resigning today? I swear, a monkey with a xbox controller and ESPN football on could have called a better second half. Sherman hyperextends his elbow and the fool doesnt go for it when its all numb and stingy? Better yet, let's not target sherman the whole rest of the game, he's injured and might not be able to make a play on it! Starks had that one good power run, but he aint Lacey, and he didnt look like himself yesterday either. And what was Matthews doing on the sideline immediately after that horribly played onside kick? Arguably their best player, game's on the line, other team just recovers an onside to go down for the win, and....he's on the sideline?

So basically those fuckwads were blessed with a 16 point lead that really should have been high 20s or low 30s if they had actually scored touchdowns, and then tried to take most of the second half carefully guarding their lead, or whatever you want to call that pathetic collection of plays called.

Mike McCarthy should be publicly flogged and then hosed down in the middle of Green Bay, Wisconsin on a nice cold day.

As usual the Seahawks would not have pulled it off without beast mode, who made his dick grabs rather stealthy

That Pats Colts game was absolutely pathetic - hey Colts, if you're going to spend so much on a QB, you might want to pick up some receivers who can actually catch the ball! That was the singular reason that was such a blowout last night, the Colts were never able to keep their offense rolling because every time there was a need for getting a pass made it would up on the ground. I think Luck did ok, but cmon... there were like 2 receptions all game

and jesus, Blount looks like beast mode II...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So is Mike McCarthy resigning today? I swear, a monkey with a xbox controller and ESPN football on could have called a better second half. Sherman hyperextends his elbow and the fool doesnt go for it when its all numb and stingy? Better yet, let's not target sherman the whole rest of the game, he's injured and might not be able to make a play on it! Starks had that one good power run, but he aint Lacey, and he didnt look like himself yesterday either. And what was Matthews doing on the sideline immediately after that horribly played onside kick? Arguably their best player, game's on the line, other team just recovers an onside to go down for the win, and....he's on the sideline?

So basically those fuckwads were blessed with a 16 point lead that really should have been high 20s or low 30s if they had actually scored touchdowns, and then tried to take most of the second half carefully guarding their lead, or whatever you want to call that pathetic collection of plays called.

Mike McCarthy should be publicly flogged and then hosed down in the middle of Green Bay, Wisconsin on a nice cold day.

As usual the Seahawks would not have pulled it off without beast mode, who made his dick grabs rather stealthy

That Pats Colts game was absolutely pathetic. That was the singular reason that was such a blowout last night, the Colts were never able to keep their offense rolling because every time there was a need for getting a pass made it wound up on the ground. I think Luck did ok, but cmon... there were like 2 receptions all game

and jesus, Blount looks like beast mode II...

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    with this matchup, not sure i am actually going to watch the super bowl this year
    I won't be watching

And I'm still wondering how much they paid Green Bay to throw that game

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    my best friend got offered super bowl tickets cheap I'm like sure, you can bring a 1 year old....14 month old... to the super bowl

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    I've figured out Elways plan for the Broncs. Since Kubiak is demonstrably able to produce a last place team with all star players, Elway must be going for the first draft pick in 16. Guess who all will be up for draft then?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-20-2015), Teh One Who Knocks (01-21-2015)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update 11 of 12 game balls used by Patriots in AFC title game underinflated, report says

FOX News

An NFL investigation reportedly has determined that 11 of the 12 game footballs used by the New England Patriots during Sunday's AFC Championship game were under-inflated by two pounds per square inch below the required minimum.

ESPN reported late Tuesday that the league had made the determination earlier in the day and described NFL officials as "disappointed", "angry", and "distraught." However, it is not known how the balls became under-inflated.

Under NFL rules, each team is provided with 12 balls to use on offense during the game. The balls are required to made available for inspection and approval by the game referee two hours and fifteen minutes before kickoff. The balls are required to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces. Teams are not allowed to alter the balls in any way once they are approved by the officiating crew.

The Boston Globe reported late Tuesday that the officiating crew for Sunday's game, led by referee Walt Anderson, discovered at halftime that the game balls were under-inflated after testing them with two different gauges.

Earlier Tuesday NFL senior executive vice president for football operations Troy Vincent told ProFootballTalk that the league expected to complete its investigation in "the next two or three days." The league has not commented publicly on the ESPN report.

The Patriots defeated the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl since 2001. They will play the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 1 in Glendale, Ariz.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    do both teams catch and throw the same set of balls ? i was just reading this but can't see an advantage if they share the balls

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No, each team gets a set of one dozen balls for them to use on offense, so the balls the Patriots used when on offense were different than the ones used by the Colts when they were on offense.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

redred (01-21-2015)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    well thats cheating then

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    to some it would seem rather obvious, no? if the patriots deflated their balls and the colts were made to play with regulation pressure

oh wait I'm sarry, this is tawmy we-ah tawkin ah-bout...awl is fahgiven

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks