Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3546

Thread: The Major League Baseball thread

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Sad MLB pitcher Roy Halladay had drugs in system, was doing stunts at time of fatal plane crash: NTSB

By David Aaro | Fox News

Hall of Fame MLB pitcher Roy Halladay was doing acrobatics in his plane and had a dangerous mix of drugs in his system when the aircraft crashed into the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida in 2017, killing him, the National Transportation Safety Board said Wednesday.

The 40-year-old former Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies ace, who won more than 200 games and notched more than 2,000 strikeouts in a 16-year big-league career, had 10 times the recommended level of amphetamine, as well as morphine, a muscle relaxer, an opioid pain medication, and antidepressants in his bloodstream at the time of the crash, officials said.

Halladay performed high-pitch climbs and steep turns with the drugs in his system, sometimes within 5 feet of the water, witnesses said, as the maneuvers put loads of nearly two-times gravity on the Icon A5 plane he rented a month earlier, according to the report.

"It happened. I can't take it back for him," Halladay's younger sister, Heather, told ESPN. "I know what type of person my brother was and that's all that really matters to me. I do miss him like crazy and that's what this all brings up."

A commercial fisherman located 900 feet north of the accident scene said it had flown "really close" to houses. Others said the airplane was making steep turns and high-pitch climbs up to about 500 feet, while adding that the engine sounded normal.

During the last 2-1/2 minutes of the flight, Halladay conducted three maneuvers with high angles of attack, the report added.

During his final move, the speed of his propeller-driven plane fell to about 85 miles per hour as he entered a steep climb. It eventually went into a nosedive and smashed into the water at a 45-degree angle near Clearwater, Fla., on Nov. 7, according to the report. He died of blunt force trauma and drowning, it said.

Less than two weeks before his fatal crash, Halladay had flown the plane under Tampa Bay's Skyway Bridge, which had a 180-foot vertical clearance over the water, the report added, citing recovered GPS data.

Five days later he wrote on Twitter, "I keep telling my dad flying the Icon A5 low over the water is like flying a fighter jet! His response..... I am flying a fighter jet!!"

Icon issued guidance to its owners two weeks before Halladay's accident saying that while low-altitude flying “can be one of the most rewarding and exciting types of flying," it “comes with an inherent set of additional risks that require additional considerations.”

Halladay had about 700 hours of flight time after getting his pilot's license in 2013, a previous report said, including 51 hours in Icon A5s with 14 in the plane that crashed.

The report on Wednesday does not give a final reason for the crash. That's expected to be issued soon.

Halladay won 203 games and two Cy Young awards before retiring in 2013. He was inducted posthumously into the Baseball Hall of Fame last July.

Halladay broke into the majors with the Blue Jays in 1998, winning one Cy Young Award and being selected to six All-Star games during his tenure with the team.

He joined the Phillies after the 2009 season and was selected to two All-Star games, winning his second Cy Young Award, in 2010. That year he also pitched a perfect game, the 20th in major league history.

His no-hitter against the Cincinnati Reds in the 2010 National League Division Series was only the second no-hitter ever pitched in the MLB postseason, following only New York Yankees pitcher Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

During his time in the majors, Halladay was known as "Doc," a reference to the gunslinger Doc Holliday.

Fox News' Greg Wilson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-16-2020), RBP (04-16-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Red Sox sign-stealing investigation: MLB strips draft pick, pins wrongdoing on replay operator, report says

by R.J. Anderson & Dayn Perry - CBS Sports

Major League Baseball has determined that the Red Sox's replay official is primarily to blame for the team's 2018 sign-stealing scandal, Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich of The Athletic report. According to Rosenthal and Drellich, the Red Sox will be stripped of their second-round draft pick in 2020, and replay operator J.T. Watkins will be banned through the 2020 playoffs and forbidden to perform replay duties during the 2021 season.

As well, former Red Sox manager Alex Cora has been banned from MLB until the end of the 2020 postseason; however, his ban is pursuant to the Astros' cheating scandal, which was resolved earlier this year.

Back in January, the Houston Astros were fined $5 million (the maximum under the Major League Constitution) and stripped of four draft picks after Major League Baseball's investigation found evidence they had improperly used technology to steal signs during the 2017 season, the same year they won the World Series.

It's worth noting that the Red Sox's penalties were always going to look less severe when stacked against the Astros. Part of Houston's punishment entailed season-long suspensions for general manager Jeff Luhnow and skipper A.J. Hinch, each of whom was subsequently fired. No such penalties could be handed to current Red Sox employees, as they changed GMs late in September (Dave Dombrowski was dismissed) and parted ways with Cora due to his involvement in Houston's mess.

The Red Sox have since hired former Tampa Bay Rays executive Chaim Bloom to guide their baseball operations department. Ron Roenicke, formerly Cora's bench coach and at one point the skipper of the Milwaukee Brewers, will serve as the manager in 2020. Boston is expected to conduct a full managerial search after the 2020 season, if one is played.

These sanctions cap off a turbulent stretch for the Red Sox, who earlier this offseason traded former MVP Mookie Betts and left-handed pitcher David Price to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a prospect package in order to save money.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-12-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Red Sox scandal: Boston gets off easy for sign-stealing as MLB's credibility takes another hard hit

by Mike Axisa - CBS Sports

On Wednesday, Major League Baseball officially branded the 2018 World Series champions as cheaters. Commissioner Rob Manfred released the report on MLB's investigation into the 2018 Boston Red Sox, a team that was anonymously accused of using its video replay room to steal signs, and disciplined the club for doing pretty much exactly what it was said to have done. They stole signs illegally.

"I find that J.T. Watkins, the Red Sox video replay system operator, on at least some occasions during the 2018 regular season, utilized the game feeds in the replay room, in violation of MLB regulations, to revise sign sequence information that he had permissibly provided to players prior to the game," Manfred said in his report.

Watkins has been suspended without pay for the 2020 season -- a season that might not be played -- and he can not work in the same capacity in 2021. I reckon the organization will keep him around in a different capacity and he'll be fine. His father is the scout who signed Mookie Betts. The Red Sox were also stripped of their 2020 second-round pick (No. 52 overall) and former manager Alex Cora was suspended for the 2020 season. Cora was identified as a ringleader in the 2017 Astros sign-stealing scandal.

"Alex Cora will be suspended through the conclusion of the 2020 Postseason for his conduct as the bench coach of the Houston Astros in 2017," Manfred wrote. "While I will not impose additional discipline on Cora as a result of the conduct engaged in by Watkins (because I do not find that he was aware of it), I do note that Cora did not effectively communicate to Red Sox players the sign-stealing rules that were in place for the 2018 season."

That's quite a turnaround, huh? With the Astros, Cora was one of the masterminds behind an elaborate sign-stealing scheme that may or may not have helped the club win the World Series, then the very next year he had no knowledge of a similar* sign-stealing scheme with his new team in his new role as manager. Just a coincidence, I guess. Cora was an innocent bystander. Wrong place, wrong time.

* According to Manfred's report, Houston's scheme started with Astros players decoding signs in the video room, then using them so the runner at second base could relay the sign to the hitter. They later graduated to banging garbage cans and whatnot. The Red Sox did the same thing. They used the video room to decode signs so the runner at second base could give them to the hitter.

Keep in mind though, when Manfred disciplined the Astros, he noted then-manager A.J. Hinch "neither devised the banging scheme nor participated in it," but he was suspended because he "did not stop it and he did not notify players or Cora that he disapproved of it." Hinch did not participate in the sign-stealing scheme with Houston and was suspended one year. Cora was an active participant in the Astros' scheme but did not participate in Boston's scheme and was suspended ... one year? Inconsistent, that is.

When Manfred disciplined the Astros, the punishment simultaneously felt severe, yet too light. The punishment was unprecedented in baseball history, truly, but considering the extent and scope of the sign-stealing scheme, it felt like a slap on the wrist. The Astros kept their title, the players were not punished in any way, and owner Jim Crane was emboldened to say he takes no responsibility.

Boston's punishment does not have the same feel. It is astonishingly light, not only compared to the Astros' punishment -- the Red Sox did not even receive the token $5 million maximum fine -- but also because the Red Sox were repeat offenders. The club was fined for the Apple Watch scandal in Sept. 2017. Here's what Manfred wrote in his statement when the fine was announced (emphasis mine):

"In assessing the significance of this violation, the investigation established three relevant points. First, the violation in question occurred without the knowledge of ownership or front office personnel. Second, when the Red Sox learned of the Yankees' complaint, they immediately halted the conduct in question and then cooperated completely in my investigation. I have received absolute assurances from the Red Sox that there will be no future violations of this type. Third, our investigation revealed that Clubs have employed various strategies to decode signs that do not violate our rules. The Red Sox' strategy violated our rules because of the use of an electronic device."

The Red Sox got caught illegally stealing signs in 2017, assured the commissioner they wouldn't do it again, and then they brazenly did it again the very next season. Despite that, their punishment was more lenient than Houston's. Manfred justified this in his report by laying the blame on Watkins, and absolving everyone above him. The low-level staffer is wearing it.

"In addition to my September 15, 2017 warning to all Clubs that future violations of MLB's sign-stealing rules would 'be subject to more serious sanctions,' I specifically advised the Red Sox that I 'expect your strict adherence to the On-Field Regulations going forward,'" Manfred wrote in his report. "Numerous witnesses described that both then-President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski and current General Manager Brian O'Halloran subsequently communicated the importance of adherence to rules to employees, including Watkins."

In a 2017 memo, Manfred alerted teams that the manager and general manager would be held accountable for sign-stealing, yet neither Dombrowski nor O'Halloran were disciplined. They held the same positions in 2017 as 2018, so it's not like they were new to the job and unaware of the memo. The Red Sox cheated, Manfred said leadership would be held accountable, the Red Sox cheated again, but leadership was not held accountable. Dombrowski and O'Halloran passed the buck to the people below them and that's apparently enough to avoid discipline as a repeat offender.

Not only that, but Manfred downplays the Red Sox's sign-stealing by noting it only happened in a small percentage of plate appearances. "The information was only relevant when the Red Sox had a runner on second base (which was 19.7% of plate appearances league-wide in 2018), and Watkins communicated sign sequences in a manner that indicated that he had decoded them from the in-game feed in only a small percentage of those occurrences," he wrote. It didn't happen often, but when it did, it happened during the game's most important moments. That's not OK!

I'll give Manfred this: he announced the Red Sox's discipline at exactly the right time. It'll be quickly pushed out of the news cycle by Thursday's NFL Draft and the MLB season is still weeks away, maybe months. By time baseball returns, everyone will be so happy the game is back that no one will care about the Red Sox (or the Astros, for that matter) being punished weeks ago. If MLB wanted to bury the news -- and the league did, undoubtedly -- there was no better time to do it than right now.

Make no mistake though, baseball has a major credibility problem right now. Two of the last three World Series winners have been outed as serial cheaters and the public perception is that the punishment does not fit the crime. Players around the league were upset the Astros were not stripped of their title and they weren't shy about it. Now the Red Sox, a team that had been warned not to steal signs once before, stole signs again during a highly successful season, and their punishment was not nearly as harsh as Houston's.

The punishment is not nearly enough of a deterrent. Steal signs and you might win a World Series, and the worst-case scenario is what, you get caught, lose a draft pick(s), and have to find a new manager? That's not stopping anyone.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Bryce Harper criticises "dumb" policy stopping MLB players featuring at the Olympics

By Ali Iveson - Inside the Games

Bryce Harper, six times a Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star, has called for MLB players to be allowed to play at the Olympic Games.

Before Tokyo 2020 was postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic, the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC), MLB and MLB Players Association had agreed a deal which would allow players on 40-man MLB rosters to play in Olympic qualifiers and the Games, but only if the players were not on an active MLB roster.

A star like Harper, who last year joined the Philadelphia Phillies in a deal worth $330 million (£266 million/€304 million), would not fit that criteria.

"It is such a travesty to me," Harper said on the Starting 9 podcast.

"I'm not saying this as disrespect to minor-leaguers - the Olympics are in Tokyo, and you're not sending big-league guys?

"Are you kidding me?"

"You want to grow the game as much as possible and you're not going to let us play in the Olympics because you don't want to [lose] out on money for a two-week period?

"Okay, that's dumb."

Harper said he would like MLB to "shock the world and put all your big-leaguers back in" the Olympics.

The Nippon Professional Baseball season was to pause for Tokyo 2020 this year, allowing its top players to compete, and WBSC President Riccardo Fraccari has told insidethegames he is "confident" a similar agreement will be in place for the rearragended Games in 2021.

The Korean Baseball Organisation had also factored in a break, but the chances of MLB doing the same are remote.

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has said previously that he "can't imagine" the league taking a mid-season break long enough to allow players to compete at the Olympics, focussing instead on having them play in the World Baseball Classic, which is sanctioned jointly by MLB and the WBSC.

Baseball and softball are due to feature on the Olympic programme for the first time since 2008 next summer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    I'm for letting them play in the Olympics.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-18-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Bryce Harper Reveals Idea for Revised 2020 MLB Season and World Series Playoffs

Adam Wells - Bleacher Report

With no baseball games going on right now because of the coronavirus pandemic, Philadelphia Phillies star Bryce Harper has been spending his time coming up with ideas for a revised 2020 MLB schedule.

In an Instagram post, Harper's idea involves an NBA-like split, with east and west leagues replacing the American and National Leagues, a 135-game regular season from July 1-Nov. 15 and a 10-team round-robin playoff format held at a single location leading to the World Series:

"10 teams round robin format College World Series kinda style at the new Texas Stadium or whatever stadium/ stadiums are best. 3 game series. You win the series you move on. You lose you play the other loser in a 1 game wildcard. Winner of that moves on. Other team is out. Or you could play it in Vegas so you have the Strip Hotels and could use one hotel for all the guys and contain possibly? ⠀

"2 teams left 7 game World Series. They get 2 days off before the series. With those 2 days off you do a All Star Game and homerun derby. Could do the MLB awards as well at that time."

In order to accommodate a 135-game season, Harper noted he would have seven-inning doubleheaders on Sundays with every other Monday being used as an off day for all 30 teams.

Roster size would increase from 26 to 30 players, with teams allowed to use a six-man starting rotation in order to preserve arms if pitchers wanted to do it that way.

Harper's idea is dramatically different from the reported proposal that MLB currently has on the table.

Per ESPN's Jeff Passan, team owners this week approved MLB commissioner Rob Manfred's proposal of a return-to-play scenario with the hope of starting an 82-game regular season in July with a schedule featuring teams playing only divisional opponents and interleague opponents in the same division (AL East vs. NL East, etc).

The MLB Players Association has yet to approve the plan, which includes a 50-50 revenue split with the owners. Ronald Blum of the Associated Press reported the union believes the split is a "salary cap and a framework players will never agree to."

MLB canceled the remainder of spring training and postponed the regular season on March 12. The 2020 season was originally scheduled to being on March 26.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Starling Marte's wife died unexpectedly... she'd broken an ankle and was awaiting surgery in the hospital and died of a heart attack. Sad stuff.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-19-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Fucked up.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

MLB announces 60-game season for 2020; Opening Day will be July 23 or 24

By R.J. Anderson - CBS Sports

Major League Baseball is set to return. The MLB Players Association (MLBPA) informed the league on Tuesday that players will comply with commissioner Rob Manfred's imposed outline for a 2020 season. Players are set report for another version of "spring" training on July 1, and the league's imposed 60-game season will start either July 23 or 24, the league announced.

The two sides also finalized coronavirus health and safety protocols on Tuesday night. Here's part of the league's statement announcing MLB's return:

The health and safety of players and employees will remain MLB's foremost priorities in its return to play. MLB is working with a variety of public health experts, infectious disease specialists and technology providers on a comprehensive approach that aims to facilitate a safe return.

MLB has submitted a 60-game regular season schedule for review by the Players Association. The proposed schedule will largely feature divisional play, with the remaining portion of each Club's games against their opposite league's corresponding geographical division (i.e., East vs. East, Central vs. Central and West vs. West), in order to mitigate travel. The vast majority of Major League Clubs are expected to conduct training at the ballparks in their primary home cities.

Commissioner Manfred said: "Major League Baseball is thrilled to announce that the 2020 season is on the horizon. We have provided the Players Association with a schedule to play 60 games and are excited to provide our great fans with Baseball again soon."

MLB owners voted unanimously Monday night to have Manfred mandate a season. In a statement, Manfred had requested that the players respond by 5 p.m. ET so that the league could proceed with scheduling that imposed season. The league and players failed to reach a modified agreement for a 2020 season after weeks of negotiations and Manfred had the right to impose a schedule thanks to a deal the two sides struck in March.

The negotiations about a return-to-play plan stalled when it came to the length of the season and the financial compensation players would receive. The union's ability to file a grievance against the league, which could result in a substantial cash windfall, also became a matter of importance later in the talks.

Originally, the league had submitted a 67-page proposal outlining all the safety and testing protocols that would be installed this season. Little else had been leaked about negotiations concerning those regulations, though the two sides were suggested to be closer than not, with the league bending to players' requests for greater access to medical and training equipment.

It's worth noting that 40 MLB players and staff members reportedly tested positive for the novel coronavirus in recent days. MLB has also reportedly ordered all spring training sites to be closed and sanitized, and personnel must test negative for COVID-19 before being allowed to return.

Here are seven other things to know about the 2020 MLB season.

1. Format of regional schedule finalized
    The exact schedule still needs to be made, but we know the structure of it. Every team will play 40 games against divisional foes (or 10 apiece) and 20 interleague games against the geographical equivalent. The Nationals, for example, will play all their games against NL and AL East teams.

2. Teams to submit 60-player rosters; will open with 30-player rosters
    Predictably, things are going to move at a rapid pace. That includes teams submitting 60-player rosters for big-league spring training, with that list due to the league office by Sunday at 3 p.m. ET, according to The Athletic's Jayson Stark.

Stark added in a subsequent tweet that teams don't have to invite all 40 of their players on the 40-player roster to camp, but that those players must be paid regardless of their invite status.

Once the season begins, teams will be allowed to carry 30 players on their active roster. That number will drop to 28 after two weeks, then 26 after four weeks, according to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand.

3. Universal DH among rule changes
    MLB will have at least two rule changes this season: a universal DH (yes, that means pitchers will no longer hit in the NL) and a baserunner placed on second at the start of every half-inning in extras. You can read more about that here.

5. Transaction freeze to end this week
    On a related note, teams will be able to make transactions again beginning Friday at noon, per Stark. Between that and the subsequent 60-player submission deadline, it's possible that baseball sees its first trades in months before the end of the week.

5. Trade deadline will fall in August
    Speaking of trades, MLB will have a trade deadline this year after all. Instead of falling on July 31, it'll come a month later, on August 31. Unlike in most years, that will represent the midway point of the season.

6. COVID-specific inactive list
    According to ESPN's Jeff Passan, MLB will have a COVID-19-specific inactive list that players will be placed on if and when they test positive or show symptoms. There will be no set amount of time for the player to sit out, unlike the injured list, which requires hitters to miss at least 10 days.

7. Unsigned players head to Nashville?
    Here's perhaps the most surprising element of the details revealed so far. Per Stark, MLB has talked with the city of Nashville about hosting two teams of unsigned players who would be paid to remain in shape as potential replacement players, should the need arise during the season. Teams would then have to pay to add these players. It's unclear exactly who would be involved and how it would work, but it's worth knowing that it's a possibility being discussed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    You'd think they might have mentioned something about, oh I don't know... THE FUCKING FANS ATTENDING GAMES?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-24-2020), Griffin (06-24-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You'd think they might have mentioned something about, oh I don't know... THE FUCKING FANS ATTENDING GAMES?
    Even though being outside in the sun is the safest place to be, I'm going to guess there will be no fans whatsoever this season at any of the games.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-24-2020), RBP (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Even though being outside in the sun is the safest place to be, I'm going to guess there will be no fans whatsoever this season at any of the games.
    You have no idea how much that pisses me off. It will be the summer of rants.

That ship has sailed.

And protests aside, do you have any idea what the neighborhood around Wrigley will look like on game days?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Will fans be allowed at MLB games in 2020 season? Astros owner says 'that's the plan' in Texas

By Matt Snyder - CBS Sports

Major League Baseball announced Tuesday that the league plans to play baseball in 2020. A 60-game regular season is set to start next month and players will report to training camps next week. We now know where and when we'll see the players. But what about fans?

Due to government restrictions due to the coronavirus pandemic, many ballparks will likely be emptym at least at the start of the season. Some states, however, are hoping to include fans in the yard at some point.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has been saying for weeks that he wants to allow fans to attend Astros and Rangers games. Abbott has called for Texas stadiums to be half-filled for sporting events.

He reiterated that point Tuesday night despite a surge of positive COVID-19 cases in recent weeks:

Houston Astros owner Jim Crane was asked about having fans at Minute Maid Park this season on Wednesday and told
    reporters (including MLB.com's Alyson Footer) "that's the plan."

"We still have to go through the player protocol. We're still focused on that," Crane said. "I think the intent at some point is to get the fans in the ballpark." Crane added that having fans purchase tickets as well as concessions and merchandise at the ballpark is the "only thing we can do to counter" financial losses stemming from the pandemic.

Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker recently said Chicago could allow fans into Wrigley Field and Guaranteed Rate Field this season, with as many as 8,000 fans per venue being allowed (via NBC Sports Chicago).

It's unclear if MLB will have a league-wide policy for allowing fans to attend games. The possibility of having people in attendance was only mentioned one time in the league's 101-page health and safety protocol:

If and when play resumes with fans, Clubs must adhere to all requirements of the 2020 (Best Stadium Operating Practices) unless MLB specifically provides otherwise.

No fan policy seems set in stone, and a lot could change in the weeks before Opening Day. MLB reportedly had 40 players and staff test positive for the coronavirus last week.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    8,000 fans per venue. What are we the fucking Marlins? There will be 3X times that within a 1 block radius of the stadium.

You know how much those tickets will sell for? So, if you're rich you may attend baseball, my Liege.

And state by state requirements will give some teams from states with Governors who have a functioning frontal cortex both an economic and home field advantage.
    Last edited by RBP; 06-24-2020 at 06:47 PM.