Page 104 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4153

Thread: NHL and other ice hockey discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We gave up Higgins and Ryan McDonagh for a guy that ain't doing anything (But I have to say about Higgins that he had to be traded TWICE to wake up and perform ) but McDonagh is the one that hurts us the most...He is one of their top defenseman in NY and our defense is having big problems this year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,772 Times in 4,011 Posts
    Yeah, he's one of a few unreal defensemen in NY that's going to carry them far. That's a rough trade for sure.

You know Higgins has some weird condition where he gets nasty boils/staph infections under the skin of his hands and feet randomly?? They don't even know exactly what it is! He has to keep his sht away from the team and use special soap and stuff. Gross Probably got it from some chick in Calgary

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Canucks carry on Rypien's legacy

VANCOUVER — Mindcheck.ca is the culmination of a three-tiered project to recognize symptoms and better understand the challenges of mental illness. Kevin Bieksa is hopeful it will have one positive result to remember fallen Vancouver Canucks teammate Rick Rypien in the most positive light.

The Canucks for Kids Foundation, Fraser Health and Provincial Health Services Authority and BC Children’s Hospital worked in conjunction to re-launch the expanded website Tuesday and Bieksa’s participation is the blue-liner’s best means to remember his close friend. Rypien, who had long battled depression, was found dead Aug. 15 in his Alberta home.

“I obviously have a personal interest invested in this and it’s near and dear to my heart to carry on his legacy,” said Bieksa. “I went through it with him the last few years and understand the struggles and mental health challenges and how underestimated it can be and how overlooked, too.

“There’s still not a lot of conversation out there and we’re trying to raise awareness and erase the stigma associated with it. Hopefully, we don’t have to see anybody else go through something like that.”

The hope was that July 2 would be the day to rightfully remember Rypien when it was announced that the former Canucks winger had signed a one-year contract with the Winnipeg Jets to re-energize his troubled NHL career. And now the hope is that by honouring Rypien’s contributions to the franchise over six years on Oct. 18 before the Canucks hosted the New York Rangers, it would help bring into focus that the Canucks are committed to building awareness and supporting those who are suffering from the similar challenges that Rypien faced. The Canucks are wearing his No. 37 on their helmets to honour the gritty forward and willing to work on mental health awareness.

“The goal is to help a lot of kids and troubled youth in B.C. and I had a bit of a helping hand in the process and have been to a few meetings and I’m pretty proud of the website,” added Bieksa. “Obviously, it’s a tribute to Rick and to help carry out his legacy and it’s something he always wanted to do and never had the chance to do. This is me following through on his wishes.

“He was close to doing it on a number of occasions and he really wanted to help out kids and wanted to go around to the schools and share his story with whoever he could. This is obviously the best next way and we feel it’s going to help a lot of kids who are struggling with mental health challenges across B.C. Hopefully, this can point them in the right direction.”

Mindcheck.ca features interactive quizzes and information and medical resources.

“Rick always wanted to help others and to have this website now to help people out and have the resources to ask for help, people have to check it out,” said Canucks winger Alex Burrows.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Canu...#ixzz1kRTNGnIH

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ok....WTF IS THAT?!?! Leading 5-0 against the RED WINGS after 22 minutes!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Unreal

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. I've got four of those rat bastards on my team... including Howard.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Got Hudler? (Got 2 goals...in a 7-2 loss )

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samarchepas View Post
    Got Hudler? (Got 2 goals...in a 7-2 loss )
    No.

He's on my watch list... the bastard.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Rumors are swirling about Pronger's career being over. Also, Pronger's wife is freakin' hot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Rumors are swirling about Pronger's career being over. Also, Pronger's wife is freakin' hot.
    You are kinda late on that rumor...its been out for MONTHS (since his concussion )

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If you want to watch the all star game online, http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhla...?id=2144938756

or just go to cbc.ca and follow your nose.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I like what they mentioned about 15$ million lines in the all star game the entire oilers dynasty team in the 80's was 7$ million

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
    If you want to watch the all star game online, http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhla...?id=2144938756

or just go to cbc.ca and follow your nose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (01-30-2012)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Agreed lance. Need some HUGE changes

They need to do it like the NFL... at the END of the season when the players can actually try. And stop trying to make it a fuggin' 4 day affair

Also, it's bullshit that guys like Couture and Benn are embarrassed in this public draft

Like Cherry says, they should do it like every game of shinny we played as kids. Sticks in the middle of the ice. The teams will be fair, these guys are all amazing

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

They need to do it like the NFL...
    nobody watches that game either

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."