Page 123 of 277 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4153

Thread: NHL and other ice hockey discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i'm on the kings band wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Same
    Me too.

And even though I'm a fan of Brodeur's, I sincerely think his time in the league as a goaltender is coming to a close. Besides, I think it would be really cool if the Kings made history being the first 8th seeded team to win the Cup.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm still not sure..
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Me too.

And even though I'm a fan of Brodeur's, I sincerely think his time in the league as a goaltender is coming to a close. Besides, I think it would be really cool if the Kings made history being the first 8th seeded team to win the Cup.
    He has been pretty solid in the playoffs though for a 40+ year old...

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
    I'm still not sure..
    *looks at avatar and user title*

It must be such a hard decision for you...

Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    He has been pretty solid in the playoffs though for a 40+ year old...

He is pretty damn good for his age. Knowing him he'll be 70 years old and still be good in net, but he'll have to use a walker to get to the ice.

I hear Hasek is trying to make a comeback. At 47, he's gonna join the silver club too.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    you could look at it another way too, he is the only goalie left aside from the monster the kings have

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Brodeur is good to go for another year at least...If he wants to or just do like Lidstrom did (But then again...Brodeur already said that he was coming back next year)
    And the whole Thomas thing= RIDICULOUS!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Brodeur's Dad said he thought his son was good for another season, maybe two, if there isn't a lock-out. Cool to hear his take on it. Hope he stays around!

Thomas confirmed earlier today he will take the year off. At 38 I'd be surprised if he could come back after a year off. Funny he doesn't just retire and save face. Thomas said he wants to be back play in the 2014 Olympics Umm, at least Quick, maybe Schneider, Howard & Miller are going to have something to say about that. The US has many of the best goalies right now!!!
    Last edited by Godfather; 06-04-2012 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Pittsburgh Penguins acquired goalie Tomas Vokoun from the Washington Capitals on Monday for a seventh-round draft pick and then signed the veteran to a two-year, $4 million contract....!! (Did not see that coming ...and yes I knew that trades can happen right now...when the teams are out of the playoffs)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Not official, but,,,

Pitt will be trading Fleury to Edmonton for the first overall pick.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Hey Lance what's your take on Tim Thomas First he's talking about a taking year off (even though that could still fall under Boston's cap). That's one thing if you're worn down, but now we're hearing from a reputable source that he relocated his family to a compound with full deep earth survival bunker in the mountains in Colorado and needs time off to get ready ..... again just before the game today he posts articles about how the world is about to face a huge financial meltdown and to be ready and shit.

I think he's lost it...
    Haven't followed it other than seeing a blurb about him on ESPN last Friday about maybe not playing. I'll be back when I read more about it

Although if he doesn't play, I think we have someone very capable with Rask between the pipes. Not in Thomas's league by any stretch, but then again, he really hasn't been an 'every day' goaltender yet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samarchepas View Post
    The Pittsburgh Penguins acquired goalie Tomas Vokoun from the Washington Capitals on Monday for a seventh-round draft pick and then signed the veteran to a two-year, $4 million contract....!! (Did not see that coming ...and yes I knew that trades can happen right now...when the teams are out of the playoffs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
    Not official, but,,,

Pitt will be trading Fleury to Edmonton for the first overall pick.
    Fleury is 20 times better than Vokoun. The front office in Pittsburgh is fucking nuts. They might as well put a scarecrow in front of their net.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fleury is 20 times better than Vokoun. The front office in Pittsburgh is fucking nuts. They might as well put a scarecrow in front of their net.
    He is...and the Penguins are aware of it BUT Vokoun will be a damn good backup just in case something like this year happens (And it challenges Fleury to do better too)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wow that's all shocking... why is Pitt worried about a high first round draft more than solid goaltending unless they didn't want Fleury for some reason? They have three stars in Malkin, Crosby and Staal, with rookie James Neal scoring 40 goals as the icing on the cake. Sure they can draft a superstar but how do they expect to sign all these guys the next 2 years. Maybe they're worried about Crosby's health that much? I'm just spit-balling obviously. I'd still be flabbergasted if they weren't drafting a Defenseman... odd

Man, the time leading up to the draft/July 1 is way better than the trade deadline these past few years eh
    Last edited by Godfather; 06-04-2012 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Maybe they're thinking about a future without Crosby? His ability to stay healthy has been highly questionable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Maybe they're thinking about a future without Crosby? His ability to stay healthy has been highly questionable.

Yeah I wondered the same, and Staal missed 20 games last year as well. Still seems like something you'd hold out another season to do. Crosby still has another year on his contract, as does Stall. Then again, next season is a huge one for the Penguins because (according to Cap geek) it looks like they only have 3 forwards locked up for more than this upcoming season!