#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts
    Carrie Underwood's Hubby Moving to Nashville
    By Alla Byrne - People Magazine

Looks like Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher will no longer have a long-distance marriage.

The singer's hockey-player husband has been traded from the Ottawa Senators to the Nashville Predators, according to CBC News. With Fisher living in Ottawa and Underwood based in Nashville, the good news is that the couple will no longer have to travel to see each other.

"We will both truly miss Ottawa," Underwood said in a statement Thursday. "Mike has been such a big part of the community, and I will never forget how they welcomed me with open arms. We obviously love Nashville, and the teams' decision for him to now play with the Predators is an exciting opportunity for Mike. I support him wherever he plays!"

Fisher himself has mixed feelings about the change. "It's hard, it's a bit of a shock [and it ] still hasn't sunk in yet," he said in a video interview on the NHL Web site. "The hardest part is the goodbyes to people. That's tough. I'm excited about Nashville, about the Predators. If a trade was going to happen and there was a place I had to go, it would be Nashville. I'm excited about being a part of that team, they're a very good team."

Added Fisher, "I'm sure my wife won't be disappointed ... I think it will be a great place for me and the family."

Time Apart

Due to Underwood's concert tour and Fisher's hockey schedule, the pair haven't been able to spend long periods of time together very often since their wedding last summer.

But Underwood seemed to be settling into her husband's native Canada very nicely. In fact, the newlyweds had been putting the finishing touches on their new home in Ottawa.

"There's definitely some more to be finished, but it is by far very livable," Underwood recently told Tampa radio station WQYK. "I'm trying to figure out where everything should go, and it's amazing, because my husband has more clothes and shoes than I do!"

Luckily, the couple don't have to worry about house hunting in Nashville since Underwood has a home in the exclusive gated community of Governor's Club in Williamson County. Although it sounds like the singer may need to invest in bigger closets.

Another bright spot in the trade is that it looks like the newlyweds will get to spend Valentine's Day together in Nashville since the Predators have home games over the weekend and next week.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Canucks lost Bieksa now too. He fractured something, out for 3-6 weeks.... This nancy is worried.

6 injured defensement (ie all of them) in 10 games With Salo just hanging in there

That has to be some kind of record?!?!?!

Ballard, Hamuis, Edler, Alberts, Bieksa & Sweatt... I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry
    Last edited by Godfather; 02-18-2011 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yup so its the Moose vs the Predators tonight? (BTW Jarkko Ruutu to the Ducks)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh DAMN!! James Wisniewski broken jaw bone....We might have re recall guys from Wheeling (our ECHL team)
    Last edited by samarchepas; 02-18-2011 at 03:29 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    I know a guy in the ECHL... been to a few games. Not a strong league

Call up Maxwell

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Do you really want to see him play on defense? (Gill,spacek,WIsniewski,Markov,Gorges,Cammaleri... still think its only bad in Vancouver?.... )

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Brian Elliot traded to the Colorado Avalanche.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    why does Tampa have a team? I mean I love Stevie Y and wish him the best but seriously why does this team exist. The wings played in Tampa last night and you would've thought it was a home game. Look at the crowd in this clip, it's all red. You can't tell from this clip but when the wings scored you would've thought it was at the Joe. I know there are a lot of MI transplants down there but seriously no one cares about hockey in FL give it up already. It was a bigger deal in Detroit than TB because it was the first game against Yzerman:

This is from a different game:

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It used to be full there (when they won the Cup) and its better than it was last year (Want an empty arena? Look at the Panthers or the Thrashers) So IMO lots of teams will move before the Lightning.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    the Avs trade Craig Anderson to the Sens for Brian Elliot.....

what a difference a year makes for Anderson

I am fixed

"Somedays I wake up and feel like nobody loves me. Other days I wake up and feel like I love nobody. Sometimes I wake up and feel tired, and worn out. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I cannot face the day. But someday I'll wake up and realize that waking up is pretty stupid because it just makes you feel like crap."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Colborne, Bruins 1st and a conditional pick to Toronto for Kaberle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    At least the leafs got something for him. He would be leaving once a UFA

Thanks to Goofy for my sig

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sure you got something for him...but I'd like that Burke would have used his brain a little more here...trading him somewhere that he will have to face 6 times (minimum) per year? Trading within your own division ain't really recommended

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Reports were basically stating that most deals were looking like a potential 2nd round pic since his contract is up. 1st round in own division to me is better than a 2nd. Besides - he may not stay with BOS when he becomes a free agent.

As far as i'm concerned to get anything for him is a big + for the leafs

Thanks to Goofy for my sig