Thread: Samsung Galaxy S II

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    I think the new Galaxy rated pretty good.. I can post the consumer reports ratings later if any ones interested? They just came out..
    You must get paid by that magazine

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'd like to see them... my phone is on it's last legs. The Alt button doesn't really work, I'm missing periods like Beiber's groupies.

Too many cool phones out there that I love BB Bold, Galaxy II s and I'm assuming the iPhone 5 will be good too in the new year
    You're gonna abandon Crackberry?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Hard to say... typing on the new Bold is a dream, and that's what I use my phone most for. Emails and texts.

Then again, I really want a phone that's fun too, good for Youtube, and has some great aps. Crackberry don't offer that

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelancinator View Post
    You must get paid by that magazine
    I value unbiased opinions...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'd like to see them... my phone is on it's last legs. The Alt button doesn't really work, I'm missing periods like Beiber's groupies.

Too many cool phones out there that I love BB Bold, Galaxy II s and I'm assuming the iPhone 5 will be good too in the new year
    I'll bring it to work tomorrow and scan it and email the jpg to you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Don't worry if it's a pain. I think half the internet is dedicated to people reviewing shit these days

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Don't worry if it's a pain. I think half the internet is dedicated to people reviewing shit these days
    No biggie, we have an auto scanner/emailer here..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hard to say... typing on the new Bold is a dream, and that's what I use my phone most for. Emails and texts.

Then again, I really want a phone that's fun too, good for Youtube, and has some great aps. Crackberry don't offer that
    Definitely get an Android then...and you will love texting on a Swype keyboard once you get the hang of it, it's super fast...Jez is a fan of Swype too

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyGut View Post
    I value unbiased opinions...
    They aren't the final opinion on unbiased opinions

I have yet to read a head-to-head review where the iPhone 4/4S beats the Galaxy except from Apple fanboy sites. As GF mentioned, all you have to do is look at the specs between the 2 phones.

Now will Apple catch up when the 5 comes out sometime next year? No doubt, but Samsung will keep getting better as well.

I told my boss just a few minutes ago that I ordered the Galaxy S II (he has an iPhone 4S) and he immediately looked up the reviews on both phones and now he's jealous

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks

I have yet to read a head-to-head review where the iPhone 4/4S beats the Galaxy except from Apple fanboy sites. As GF mentioned, all you have to do is look at the specs between the 2 phones.

Now will Apple catch up when the 5 comes out sometime next year? No doubt, but Samsung will keep getting better as well.

I told my boss just a few minutes ago that I ordered the Galaxy S II (he has an iPhone 4S) and he immediately looked up the reviews on both phones and now he's jealous
    I never said the iphone was better than the galaxy 2.. I just offered to let Godfather see the reviews from an unbiased source...

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

The wont even be a company soon enough. Get out while you can, enjoy what a real smart phone can offer, Canada wont hate you for jumping out of the 90's

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    The wont even be a company soon enough. Get out while you can, enjoy what a real smart phone can offer, Canada wont hate you for jumping out of the 90's

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    SGS2

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Do any of the Droid devices have a Siri-type program that you can set up to be a single button push away (ie. I've heard a program like Apple's Siri has existed for some time now on droid, but do you have to go in and find, open and wait or the app ever time?)

Call me a sheep but I think it's cool. Pressing a button and asking your phone to schedule an appointment, find something, look up things.... that's awesome

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Definitely get an Android then...and you will love texting on a Swype keyboard once you get the hang of it, it's super fast...Jez is a fan of Swype too

Damn right Im a fan of Swype! With every update it has gotten better and better. It is so fast and easy and really made for touchscreens. Tapping letter by letter just doesn't work for me anymore...Plus it is pretty natural since you swipe around the screen anyway to operate the phone. And yes, you definitely are doing a good thing by upgrading. We have had the SGSII for over 6months here and a couple of friends got them right when they were hot off the press. They have not complained once, quite the opposite. Been amazed by them. One of them eves was a total Android noob and he isn't a computer geek either, but he learned the tips and tricks fast and is now a very happy Android user.
    Do any of the Droid devices have a Siri-type program that you can set up to be a single button push away (ie. I've heard a program like Apple's Siri has existed for some time now on droid, but do you have to go in and find, open and wait or the app ever time?)

Call me a sheep but I think it's cool. Pressing a button and asking your phone to schedule an appointment, find something, look up things.... that's awesome
    Android has .Iris. Plus, if you want to do stuff with voice, like look up things, dictate messages and mails etc, Google has had it in its arsenal since the start. So once again something the Apple tries to make look like they are the inventors. Siri they invented first I think, but it took less than a day for .Iris to appear in android market. Last I checked, it was still alpha stage, but the functions are the same as in Siri. Not to mention the various iterations popping up in the android market.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post

Android has .Iris. Plus, if you want to do stuff with voice, like look up things, dictate messages and mails etc, Google has had it in its arsenal since the start. So once again something the Apple tries to make look like they are the inventors. Siri they invented first I think, but it took less than a day for .Iris to appear in android market. Last I checked, it was still alpha stage, but the functions are the same as in Siri. Not to mention the various iterations popping up in the android market.